What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
We were toast 6 weeks ago then went on another incredible run. So many positives LeBlanc, Maddox, Smallwood, the saints completely avoiding Sul. I can’t fault anyone. The saints got their points while we were down players. Felt nick needed to be perfect and the Pick Six was probably the game changer. We drive and make it 21-0 and then it’s all about clock management. That turnover and subsequent drive was when the injuries hit.

Injuries cost us in the end. Barnett, Carson Sidney, Mills, Darby, Ajayi during the year. Losing Sul, BBrooks, JP, Long, Cox, Kamu for stretches in this game.

The big disappointment for me is that’s probably the last time JP, BG, BDN, Long, play in mignight green again.
Yeah that's very true. And particularly in the secondary, i feel like we're going to go into 2019 week 1 with some corners who we can believe in, and HOPEFULLY Sid Jones doing his thing... so that's really good

But it just doesnt sit right with the season ending on that deflection. Even worse that it was Alshon, who's ones of the last guys who should have that on him. Just didnt feel like a just way to see the champs go out.
Sport is rarely fair or just though and you're right, our season was cooked 2 months ago. This is a pretty resilient bunch, but today was too much...

nick87

Coach

Haffa

I've seen the players responses. No reason to read the story. Philly Voice needs clicks since Doug took away weeks of Wentz v Foles.

The dude literally gives all of his time and energy to philanthropic causes and has never once criticized a teammate in the media… and now has other team leaders standing up for him. We all know an egotistical QB could never succeed in the NFL!

Haffa

This is the author.....

iyXRYBP.jpg

nick87

Coach
He’s deleted the tweet and refused to acknowledge it on Sport Radio WIP and has even claimed his article was positive. So it’s all a load of BS.

Haha i cant even imagine the level of blacklash he's receiving, all day my twitter TL has been team mates, former team mates, reporters local and national and basically anyone who's ever been in contact with the guy being like "I dont know what these reports are about but Carson Wentz is an amazing leader, teammate and person"

haha, his journalistic integrity is getting stuffed in a duffle bag and thrown in a river

Haffa

http://www.philly.com/sports/carson-wentz-eagles-nick-foles-phillyvoice-20190121.html
We’re not saying it was inaccurate. Just incomplete, and sensationalized. It also was remarkable for what it lacked. Journalistically, there is little reason to question the veracity of the comments nor the method by which they were gathered. Santoliquito has been a solid journalist in Philadelphia for years; in fact, he has been employed by this company. However, journalistically, balance and fairness are lacking in the story. Intentionally. The story was published Monday morning. An Eagles source said the site left a voicemail just minutes before it was posted. Santoliquito admitted Monday afternoon that he left a voicemail just 40 minutes before it was published, then wrote in the story that the Eagles did not reply to his voicemail. This not only is unacceptable, but seeking comment in this manner was unnecessary. He could have spoken to the team and Wentz several times during his reporting process.

Haffa

While I'm not going on a limb and saying all of it is inaccurate I will say after reading it myself it’s vastly overblown, and any journalist who says "I am the best thing Carson Wentz has ever had going for him." clearly has a few issues with ego himself. It'd be one thing if it came from a balanced writer but this dudes twitter is littered with anti-wentz rhetoric… Not to mention he’s written other disparaging pieces on Carson before (hounding the Eagles for picking him in the draft, the Captain Carson Montana references and calling us the Browns.)

Valheru

Coach
Eagles have decided to pick up foles option but he has opted out so has to pay us $2M.

We are expected to franchise tag him for approx $25M

This has been agreed to by both parties so we can put him on trade block and get compensation for him and control his destination.

They are saying the price will be a 3rd rounder but surely the likes of the jags would put up more than that?

Haffa

There is always the chance we don’t pick it up and we just get the comp pick next year.

nick87

Coach
I honestly dont think they'll tag him unless they've got an iron clad deal for a 3rd or something higher... and im not sure anyone is going to give us that for a dude i think the GM's around the league dont really believe they'll want to tag

Howie's got about a month to figure it out though, and he's surprised me before