What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

Haffa

Seumalo to come in over Wis? Not sure I like that. We need Wis next to JP because Mack is going to avoid Lane after what he did to Watt and Donald.

nick87

Coach
Seumalo to come in over Wis? Not sure I like that. We need Wis next to JP because Mack is going to avoid Lane after what he did to Watt and Donald.
I f**king hate it, hey.
Apparently JP and Wiz don't get along, on or off the field.

But they keep trying with Seumalo, they are DESPERATE for him to win that job but every time they give him the job it's a disaster and Wiz is back in after halfa - to - 2 games

Wiz is better. Simple. I get that Seumalo is probably more talented, and i get they might be worried about Hicks overwhelming Wiz, but i have no confidence in Seumalo at all. Wiz plays better. He holds his own

Haffa

Defence will get all the credit and they should Bradham, Fletch and Bennett were awesome but that O-line is pretty good at handling things.

Donald, JJ Watt and Mack in the last 4 games. 0 Sacks and 3 QB hits between them.

Edit. and Hester got a hand to the kick. What a play.

nick87

Coach
Seumalo played 100% of offensive snaps today and I don’t once recall thinking about him

That’s as good as you can hope for a G

shiznit

Coach
What’s the deal with your QB situation??

I’ve seen a heap of chatter that Mayock & Chucky are looking squarely at trading for Wentz...

Surely the Eagles aren’t off Wentz already??

Haffa

What’s the deal with your QB situation??

I’ve seen a heap of chatter that Mayock & Chucky are looking squarely at trading for Wentz...

Surely the Eagles aren’t off Wentz already??
The QB situation is Carson is the Franchise QB and Foles is the backup until this offseason when Foles is released, offered a cheap deal or traded.

It’s Laughable chatter from the usual shit stirrers. I heard the idiots on first take saying there is a controversy yesterday that’s the type of sources it’s coming from. There is absolutely no chance Carson is going anywhere.

shiznit

Coach
The QB situation is Carson is the Franchise QB and Foles is the backup until this offseason when Foles is released, offered a cheap deal or traded.

It’s Laughable chatter from the usual shit stirrers. I heard the idiots on first take saying there is a controversy yesterday that’s the type of sources it’s coming from. There is absolutely no chance Carson is going anywhere.
That’s good to know...

I like the kid... I really do... but some asshole was talking about us giving up 2 1st rounders #4 and the Bears pick this year and our pick next year for him.

I’d be super f**king depressed if we gave all that up for him... and I’m just coming out of the deep depression of trading away Mack... SMH...

nick87

Coach
If Big Dick Nick wins us another SB this year, then we'll cut you a real good deal...
Foles for just one of those firsts, and a swap of seconds and we call it a day.

The Raiders planning to trade for Wentz is like me planning to f**k Natalie Dormer

Haffa

That’s good to know...

I like the kid... I really do... but some asshole was talking about us giving up 2 1st rounders #4 and the Bears pick this year and our pick next year for him.

I’d be super f**king depressed if we gave all that up for him... and I’m just coming out of the deep depression of trading away Mack... SMH...
I'd be super depressed if we traded him away for all those. He's the face of our franchise for the next 10+ years.

Valheru

Coach
The Wentz vs Foles thing will continue to be a story as long as Foles is winning but it is way overstated by the media and Wentz won't be going anywhere.

If you take a look at the 2017 season we absolutely do not win the SB without Wentz. He was MVP standard until his injury and he is the reason we got the number 1 seed. Foles was quite poor when he originally took over as well and few remember that he had to be coached through a very tough first playoff game against Atlanta that our defence won for us. Even against Minnesota in the NFC championship game we were down 7-0 early and out first drive was rubbish. We then got that pick 6 and from there Foles was again coached through the next drive and caught absolute fire from about mid way through that 2nd quarter all the way to fulltime of the SB.

Winning the SB in the manner he did of course breeds confidence which we are all seeing now. Having said that he was pretty ordinary in the first half yesterday and I think Wentz would have had us 14-3 up at the half.

Not hating on Foles by the way, love the bloke but Wentz is the future.

shiznit

Coach
If Big Dick Nick wins us another SB this year, then we'll cut you a real good deal...
Foles for just one of those firsts, and a swap of seconds and we call it a day.

The Raiders planning to trade for Wentz is like me planning to f**k Natalie Dormer
Mate... the Raiders boards are going f**king loopy with all the speculation st the moment.

I think it was all due to Wentz connection with Mayock... apparently Mayock was super strong on him from early in the draft build up and spent time with him and his family and really banged the table on how great the kid is going to be...

The other trade people are talking up is our #4 and the Bears pick this year and the better pick between our pick or the Bears pick next year(I’m thinking ours... :joy::joy:) and Derek Carr for Aaron Rodgers.

nick87

Coach
Mayock absolutely loves Wentz, no doubt that. I have no doubt in my mind that they'd happily cut Carr and offer up 3 firsts for Wentz

I just dont think that'll get it done. Maybe if we won the SB again this year, and this years rookie class was last years, with Darnold and Baker and Rosen etc... maybe the Eagles could have been talked into going with Foles for a year, getting another young rookie they love @ 4, and then having 3 other first round picks to build around... maybe then they do it

Or if they felt they could package up #4 and one other pick to get up to #1 for the Cards and draft a 'Sunshine' Lawrence type prospect... maybe

But 3 firsts for Wentz wouldnt be enough i dont think.

nick87

Coach
Having said that he was pretty ordinary in the first half yesterday and I think Wentz would have had us 14-3 up at the half.

Not hating on Foles by the way, love the bloke but Wentz is the future.

100% on this
All i could think about in that first half yesterday was "man, with Wentz and our D playing like this, we could be up 2 tds"

Haffa

Michael Bennett on Nick Foles’ assessment that the loss to the Saints brought the Eagles closer: “I’m never going to disagree with Nick Foles. The football gods will look down and shun me from success. So whatever Nick says is the truth and I’m just going to live with that.”