What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 8th Immortal

RedVDave

First Grade
Norm Provan for sure, name me one player who would'nt swap their stats for his? 11 Premierships, and international player a very handy coach to boot.

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
I never saw Provan or Coote play, so i think Meninga now, Johns in 5 or 6 years then Lockyer something like 5 years after that.

You obviously cant pick everyone, if blokes from previous eras have missed out, imo i think this one needs to be chosen from a more modern era

bottle

Coach
Give it to the man with more premiership rings than fingers. Norm Provan, easily.

Does Norm only have nine fingers?

He in fact played in 10 of the 11 GFs as he retired at the end of '65. So almost more Premmys than fingers, but not quite. He also played in the 1953 GF which was lost to Souths. So he in fact played in 11.

What a record ay?

afinalsin666

First Grade

He in fact played in 10 of the 11 GFs as he retired at the end of '65. So almost more Premmys than fingers, but not quite. He also played in the 1953 GF which was lost to Souths. So he in fact played in 11.

What a record ay?

Okay, correction, he has more rings then i have fingers.

Beast of a record.

RedVDave

First Grade

What a record ay?

Last time I checked us humans have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs so he is indeed correct.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I hope Norman hasn't read this thread.

" Give it to the old merkin before he dies. Only got a year or 2 left. "

The immortal concept has to go. Both Lockyer and Johns will be immortals but Fittler and Stuart won't be. Time to make the hall of fame bigger than it is.

Latest posts