What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ABC at it again

Brutus

Referee
Actually, in fairness a woman would get away with it because the second you criticise their writings the "Sexist" card gets played.

Yeah just ask Caroline Wilson or that journo chick who was fondled by Fevola at the Brownlow.

They are scared sh*tless down there...male or female.

chefman21

Juniors
I don't really care about any of this, I just want to watch the footy. Whether they are 28 or 18, their social life isn't a concern for me. However, I'm really happy there are people out there winding themselves up, walking the moral crusade and tackling the big issues. If is wasn't for these procrastinators the world may stop spinning. :crazy:
Is that the appropriate world spinning icon?

I guess I may see you next casting judgement at the Pearly Gates. Thanks for day and night.

Maybe you should start caring...

Procrastinators? Procrastinating refers to someone putting off doing something. At least I am doing something about facilitating change. You are just sitting on your arse because you "just want to watch the footy".

Springs

First Grade
Maybe you should start caring...

Procrastinators? Procrastinating refers to someone putting off doing something. At least I am doing something about facilitating change. You are just sitting on your arse because you "just want to watch the footy".

What exactly are you doing?

russ13

First Grade
Chiefman

You said this earlier.

Could you enlighten us as to how you arrived at this calculation?

...Are you sure it's soaring? Based on the last three Australian Census's, attendance at rugby league games has in fact dropped off based on population growth. The crowds may be bigger, but they haven't increased in line with population growth...

Last edited:

chefman21

Juniors
Chiefman

You said this earlier.

Could you enlighten us as to how you arrived at this calculation?

There's a link I posted earlier. Here it is again
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/subs...3CA25726D0075D475&0&2005-06&25.01.2007&Latest

It's an Excel spreadsheet. This where I got it:
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/DetailsPage/4174.02005-06?OpenDocument

If you look at the percentages, they have dropped over the last 3 Census.

Wow. So you did all this standing up?
Yes. I'm not a hypocrite. I actually have got off my arse and done something about it.

typicalfan

Coach
Don't most juniors do uni courses of some kind these days?

What Joel Monaghan did was because of a lack of education.......right.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
There's a link I posted earlier. Here it is again
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/subscriber.nsf/log?openagent&41740_table11_2005-06.xls&4174.0&Data%20Cubes&519DE66F21B39CD3CA25726D0075D475&0&2005-06&25.01.2007&Latest

It's an Excel spreadsheet. This where I got it:
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/DetailsPage/4174.02005-06?OpenDocument

If you look at the percentages, they have dropped over the last 3 Census.

Yes. I'm not a hypocrite. I actually have got off my arse and done something about it.

How about adding in television ratings.. With the increase in matches played at night this has an effect on attendances.. ie; less young children attending games and also parents with young children more inclined to stay at home and watch on TV and be able to put their kids to bed at a decent hour.

chefman21

Juniors
How about adding in television ratings.. With the increase in matches played at night this has an effect on attendances.. ie; less young children attending games and also parents with young children more inclined to stay at home and watch on TV and be able to put their kids to bed at a decent hour.

I'm just pointing out that people saying crowds have increased is wrong if you compare the data year to year. On the issue of night games and children, it's something the NRL needs to look at.

David G

Juniors
I don't know why you all hate chefman21. We love receiving his hand written letters to us personally. It makes us rethink how we are administering the game. If you have any other concerns, feel free to write to us (like chefman21 has done) at National Rugby League Ltd, GPO Box 3498, SYDNEY NSW 2001.

I don't know why you all hate chefman21. We love receiving his hand written letters to us personally. It makes us rethink how we are administering the game. If you have any other concerns, feel free to write to us (like chefman21 has done) at National Rugby League Ltd, GPO Box 3498, SYDNEY NSW 2001.

Dude, who cuts your hair?