What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amazing John Morris

Quicksilver

Bench
This one has to be in the top 3😂

???

Yeah, Fitz had done nothing as a head coach at that stage.There was still a lot to learn, i think that's the point- not that he was/is terrible.

We could easily be 2 losses, 1 win at this stage too.

Btw I was one of the few people on here that didn't lose it after the 1 loss.

Quicksilver

Bench
How are the clubs mediocre goals going!😂

The mediocre goals was in response to others saying that we have medicore goals if we are happy with a top 8 finish with John Morris. My point has always been that John Morris’ performance should be assessed taking into account the whole picture- like the fact that he had no control over the squad, a reduced salary cap and a stack of young players. I was disappointed that he was sacked without being given a chance to show what he could do in better circumstances. Better circumstances that Fitz has benefited from.

But you tell the story about me that you want to champ.

I doubt there is anyone on this Sharks forum who dislikes John Morris. How could you? He comes across as a terrific bloke.

But unfortunately he was appointed as a head coach way to early and had too much of an attachment to certain players in the team who are not here anymore and were not worth the coin they were on.

Fitzy has well and truly done his apprenticeship as an assistant coach and on the rep scene. He has developed the respect that you need for players to trust their careers with him. Watching the players execute so well in defence and attack against the Shyte Stains so early in the season speaks volumes of a guy who knows his stuff and how to communicate it to the players. Fitzy is a home run coaching signing and the stupid media who were criticising the Sharks for dumping Morris last year will this year be applauding what they achieve this year with Fitzy. I’m pointing the finger at you Slothfield!

DJDL

First Grade
I doubt there is anyone on this Sharks forum who dislikes John Morris. How could you? He comes across as a terrific bloke.

But unfortunately he was appointed as a head coach way to early and had too much of an attachment to certain players in the team who are not here anymore and were not worth the coin they were on.

Fitzy has well and truly done his apprenticeship as an assistant coach and on the rep scene. He has developed the respect that you need for players to trust their careers with him. Watching the players execute so well in defence and attack against the Shyte Stains so early in the season speaks volumes of a guy who knows his stuff and how to communicate it to the players. Fitzy is a home run coaching signing and the stupid media who were criticising the Sharks for dumping Morris last year will this year be applauding what they achieve this year with Fitzy. I’m pointing the finger at you Slothfield!

Weaponhead

Coach
Perhaps a little early to be cashing the lotto tickets even though the signs are good.

Morris is a good bloke thrust into a role before he was ready. He did some good things bringing through players who we love watching now. He was not equipped to be a head coach walking into the shit storm left by Flange. I think club needed to get an experienced coach to mentor Morris but what's done is done.

Enjoy the ride Sharks fans. It's going to be fun but.

Eion

First Grade
The mediocre goals was in response to others saying that we have medicore goals if we are happy with a top 8 finish with John Morris. My point has always been that John Morris’ performance should be assessed taking into account the whole picture- like the fact that he had no control over the squad, a reduced salary cap and a stack of young players. I was disappointed that he was sacked without being given a chance to show what he could do in better circumstances. Better circumstances that Fitz has benefited from.

But you tell the story about me that you want to champ.
Will do champ. Board got this 100% right

Quicksilver

Bench
We know what the alternative was, and just about everyone else can see the difference.
Haha.

No you don't. You make up the worst case scenario in your head and pass it off as fact.

John had us playing a reasonable standard of football (finals) and given the circumstances it was a decent result.

No cap space or ability to recruit anyone, a reduced cap, a big injury toll, a stack of old players past their best, a group of young players still a tad green, a disrupted environment with no home/ covid and generally limited resources and minimal staff.

It was a work in progress.
He was sacked after a couple of rounds in to last season and for some reason he has to bear that cross with the likes of you, despite him having nothing to do with it.

Anyway, this conversation has been done a thousand times and it's boring for the vast majority of people. I'm not really sure why you find it necessary to constantly revisit it.

Quicksilver

Bench
Well it’s safe to say Nicho wouldn’t be in the BWB given his interviews about how we got him.

Cool.

Maybe we would have had another elite? Maybe we would have still got Nicho, but through a different process?

We finally had some space to recruit which was a nice luxury.

By the way, wasn't Reynolds our original target?? Haha

Eion

First Grade
Not just sharks fans know they were right. All the clubs in the hunt for Fitz as head coach….and all the clubs clamouring to not sign bomber also know they were right

Quicksilver

Bench
Not just sharks fans know they were right. All the clubs in the hunt for Fitz as head coach….and all the clubs clamouring to not sign bomber also know they were right

So Fitz decided to brush every club just to take on some huge mess created by Morris? Why didn't he go to the dragons? nice and close to home and a big club.

No, he must have seen that there was something here worth building on and that the foundations were being put in place.

By the way, I'm not interested in knocking Fitz and won't be baited in to pointless white-anting on an internet forum.

I'm willng to give him a fair go and support him.

Eion

First Grade
So Fitz decided to brush every club just to take on some huge mess created by Morris? Why didn't he go to the dragons? nice and close to home and a big club.

No, he must have seen that there was something here worth building on and that the foundations were being put in place.

By the way, I'm not interested in knocking Fitz and won't be baited in to pointless white-anting on an internet forum.

I'm willng to give him a fair go and support him.
You usually talk this much about things you don’t want to talk about it?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Haha you were SURE he was coming at one point and you were KEEN....

...And then you chucked a hissy fit and said he was shit when he chose the Broncs.
That may be true. But once I found out what I found out we dodged a bullet. Let it go mate. Said I wouldn’t bring up those who panned the Fitz signing but you’re making it easy to go back on that.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
And if you can’t work out why I specifically capitalise then I can’t help you.