What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amazing John Morris

shadowboxer

First Grade
If Barrett and Brown can get a second go so can Morris
Agree with that - how either of those two rejects are getting a run is anyones guess. Brown probally deserves a run, but Barrett… absolute flog, assistant coach at best.

Reactions: PJ

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Thing is rookie coaches only usually get a shot when a team is underperforming and the coach is easier to replace than a squad. Fitz is the exception to this.... Knocked back 3 shit-shows before the right opportunity came up. And yes Bomber did an excellent job bringing the juniors through but we were never going anywhere with SJ and Chad at the helm.

I was thinking he'd maybe be better off taking over from Bellamy perhaps. Going to see more immediate success you'd imagine. Bennet does have a track record of leaving clubs in disarray where Bellamy will be their as Coaching director for several years, not to say Bennett wont do that.

Either way it's a good position to be in with either clubs. I think he'll be similar to Fitz and be selective in his role.
Ciraldo has time on his side, sit back and choose the right club, not go to someone like the Tigers

I really wonder what aspiring first grade coach would want to take over at the tigers the way the club is at the moment. They'll probably get robbie farah in or something

I really wonder what aspiring first grade coach would want to take over at the tigers the way the club is at the moment. They'll probably get robbie farah in or something
There would be no doubt some aspiring First grade coaches desperate to take any opportunity they could and no doubt , some of them with really good knowledge and plans. Tigers Probably go with someone willing to take sycophantic roll .

Thing is rookie coaches only usually get a shot when a team is underperforming and the coach is easier to replace than a squad. Fitz is the exception to this.... Knocked back 3 shit-shows before the right opportunity came up. And yes Bomber did an excellent job bringing the juniors through but we were never going anywhere with SJ and Chad at the helm.
Not to mention in an uncompromising position with Club Legend Fifita . AMAZING Morris did as well as he did.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Not to mention in an uncompromising position with Club Legend Fifita . AMAZING Morris did as well as he did.
Yeah with all the drama going on salary cap wise and injury wise he probably over achieved. Hope he gets another gig but wrapped with the direction Dino and the board took. Onwards and up upwards.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
Yeah with all the drama going on salary cap wise and injury wise he probably over achieved. Hope he gets another gig but wrapped with the direction Dino and the board took. Onwards and up upwards.
Leeds are looking for a new Head Coach, and their director is heading out to Aus on a recruitment mission - I suspect both Flanno and Morris will be on his list of potentials…. Doubt Flanno heads overseas, but could be the ideal way to get back on the horse for Morris.

Quicksilver

Bench
Is Flanno still on the market? He has a gig with Fox doing some commentary + a job with St George doing... something. Seems pretty sweet.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Is Flanno still on the market? He has a gig with Fox doing some commentary + a job with St George doing... something. Seems pretty sweet.
I'd imagine Flanno will drop all gigs if a HC role became available. Probably even in his contracts.

I do think the longer he stays away the harder it might be to get another gig. Similar to Toovey and other HCs who don't get a look in anymore.

Leeds are looking for a new Head Coach, and their director is heading out to Aus on a recruitment mission - I suspect both Flanno and Morris will be on his list of potentials…. Doubt Flanno heads overseas, but could be the ideal way to get back on the horse for Morris.
The rumor was Ryan Carr lower grade Eels coach

ghoti

Bench
God I know a lot needs to go right, but the job Morris did pulling our juniors into line and turning a dozen of them into our starting NRL side this year was incredible.. I feel like if you were a struggling NRL club you'd be mad not to give him an assistant/development role for 3 years with planned succession to head coach.

Who knows, in saying that maybe that's part of his job at Souths, to help bring through their succession plan for Reynolds, Cook, Cody who'll all retire in a few seasons?

ghoti

Bench
Barrett won't get dropped with the improvement Dogs have made this year.. he'll get at least next season to coach the squad he's assembled.. can't see him making huge inroads there but it's his to f**k up with the cattle he's got coming.

Wests and Warriors are the only sides I reckon that'll consider moving on their coaches... but dunno who realistically would wanna coach 'em.. thought there was some word about Flanno being close to WT before their corrupt 'review', but they baulked cos he wanted Kyle to come across with him

Latest posts