What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amazing John Morris

carinashark

First Grade
I think after three games and how the team has been trained. Fitz has goods and skills to win a lot of games. Let’s not forget John Morris’s contribution and to step up when needed.

Chimp

Bench
Cool.

Maybe we would have had another elite? Maybe we would have still got Nicho, but through a different process?

We finally had some space to recruit which was a nice luxury.

By the way, wasn't Reynolds our original target?? Haha
But we know Morris was trying to re-sign Johnson and Chad was a favourite, so in all likelihood, we’d have had a Chad/Johnson pairing this year, likely with Woods still in the team.
I like Morris, I think your previous post about him is spot on, too early, into too much of a mess of a club, no cap space etc etc, but the signs were there that his recruitment decisions were not going to be good.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The words weee used in previous post that Morris did reasonably well (finals) - agreed.
But that attitude has gotten us a flurry of good times but forgive me for being greedy, no dynasty.
It’s time to be greedy

Eion

First Grade
I am sure Morris will get another chance to coach a first grade team, maybe as early as this year
I never wanted Morris to fail, just thought it was too soon for him. Too soon for the Sharks anyway with our aspirations.

A shame he didn’t end up at the storm or roosters, but I guess souths is probably next best for him.

He’s a young bloke, I don’t get what the rush is to land the first grade NRL gig. Chances are he gets chewed up and spat out. He’s better to ply his trade for a few years, build up cred, so he hopefully get more of a choice of NRL sides….otherwise he’ll just land in a basket case.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I never wanted Morris to fail, just thought it was too soon for him. Too soon for the Sharks anyway with our aspirations.

A shame he didn’t end up at the storm or roosters, but I guess souths is probably next best for him.

He’s a young bloke, I don’t get what the rush is to land the first grade NRL gig. Chances are he gets chewed up and spat out. He’s better to ply his trade for a few years, build up cred, so he hopefully get more of a choice of NRL sides….otherwise he’ll just land in a basket case.
Maybe under Bennett Souths would have been good for him. Not so sure under the new coach.

He just needs to serve a longer apprenticeship. Fitz was an AC for 10 years. Morris was an AC for what a year before getting the gig, then throw in the challenges he had COVID, no home ground etc. 3 or 4 years then he'll be more ready.

I reckon he sees out his contract at Bunnies.
If a coach gets appointed somewhere it will be flanno.
I think Flanno will get Dogs role.
Morris keep thinking Tigers, as is a basket case, I don't see Flanno or Green going there, and being under Sheen's, but Morris I could

R-15-3

Bench
Can’t see Morris ever coaching first grade again, he is a great guy and didn’t do horrible but his chance came to early now he will forever be an assistant, interim or super league coach.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Rumors in Brisbane he will go to Redcliffe and then take over from Bennett

I was thinking he'd maybe be better off taking over from Bellamy perhaps. Going to see more immediate success you'd imagine. Bennet does have a track record of leaving clubs in disarray where Bellamy will be their as Coaching director for several years, not to say Bennett wont do that.

Either way it's a good position to be in with either clubs. I think he'll be similar to Fitz and be selective in his role.

Latest posts