What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ayshford appreciation thread.

The Popper

Bench
I'd think (hope) that it's 500k over 3 years or something Pop.
I hope so, Feej. But the way he is playing I wouldn't want him for another two years at any price. It amazes me how sometimes our powers that be announce the signing of mediocrity as a wonderful coup????????
:(

webShark

He's up there with Tweedle and Anderson for sure.

Ayshford dropped for Jono! Can't wait.

Ayshford number one dud for me. Signed as a serious centre to improve on the Pom. Tweedle was a Reggie who got a run. Anderson was crap but his excuse was his Dad picked the team.
Ayshford picked virtually every game too. Tweedle wasn't.
Ayshford was our marquee signing for 2014. Moving Feki solves nothing. Who goes on the wing?

Nathan Green has a chance. Zero expectations and maybe replacing Ayshford. Green wasn't even the best player in his junior club.

Where is the Ayshford to the Warriors rumour coming from? Did he not buy into Gall Towers? Why in the name of hell would they want him?

chewsta

First Grade
I said it in the game day thread but this one is more suited to my comment.
Feki came to us as a centre, how the f**k is he not a better option than Assford?

carcharias

Immortal
Even the news papers can't get around mentioning his missed tackles.
Smh has a pic of him get swatted by matai and the caption read " tackle shy ayshford"

taipan

Referee
The guy should have been hooked after the first tackle.Feki to centre,Gordon to fullback and Gardner to wing,any centre in the NSW cup would have done better than Ayshford.
Why do we persist with a perpetual turnstyle? We can't make the semis it's now time to experiment with new dudes.

DJDL

First Grade
Agree that he should have been hooked, but your solution still leaves us short on one wing. I'd have put Lewis to centre, Ayshord to the parking lot.

I think the really damning statistic that kept getting mentioned in the broadcast was that 2/3 of the tries against us this year have come through that side. It is just clearly not acceptable.

Chook

First Grade
heard we might sign one of the Roosters young centres who won't get a run with SKD & Jennings in 1sts.

Tua Tau Moga. There's talk he'll be picked to play against you guys round 17 so you can see what you're most likely getting. We're extremely reluctant to let him go as we've put a lot of time and effort into him given his two knee recos cause if he fires in first grade he'll be a sensation.

Blake Ayshford is your Braith Anasta so I can sympathize. We had Anasta for 7 years...sleep well.

Chook.

webShark

If this thread didn't exist, it would have been created after last night. Even by his bumbling standards this was tragic. He is that bad it is almost funny. I used to think we didn't have many points in us , now I think do we have any points in us.

Ayshfords contribution saw us quickly 12 behind . Game over. At season start, most were asking why Ayshford? No clearer now. If our club , think Ayshford was worth recruiting what did they see in him?

Come on Reefy and CB. Explain to us plebs , what the hell did we sign this dud for? We don't know.

Jeez, I put some crap on Pom but at least he was likeable and actually tried.

We gave Gagan one game and he was dropped what for Ayshford to return, it tells you there are people who dont care.

What happens next week if Ayshford gets dropped we see return of Wright.

Why not move Feki to replace Ayshford and either Gagan or Holmes plays on Feki's wing

BuffaloRules

Coach
FWIW, Buzz was just on the radio saying Ayshford has already been given permission to talk to other clubs.

How's this been working out?

The way that he has been playing, I'm sure there won't be a shortage of other clubs after him to take him off your hands.

Maybe you can off load him prior to June 30?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
This bloke is an absolute nuffie. At the start of the season, I said we should wait a while for him to pick up his game, and then i also said he could be a decent player for us once he does that. Jesus f**king christ was i wrong, he was diabolical last night.

I cant believe we signed him. I'd rather Jonathan Wright any day of the week.

Vin Fizz

Bench
I put my hand up as saying he could go alright. He was a damn fine centre once. Its like he has been taking tips from Ian Baker Finch. He needs to find what he lost.

Frailty

First Grade
Ayshford just doesn't look like he wants to be there.

I can't blame him though if he was told he wasn't wanted at the club a few weeks ago. But then again, why the f**k would we keep picking him?!

webShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tweddle
FWIW, Buzz was just on the radio saying Ayshford has already been given permission to talk to other clubs.

Permission is one thing. If I supported a team and at this moment in time and they talked to Ayshford I would be ropeable. I think we are stuck with him.

Last edited:

Latest posts