What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bears still alive and fighting for re-admittance!

sharko

Juniors
It was great to see Bears and rugby league legend Greg Florimo on Channel 10 news and on NBN Wednesday still pushing the cause of the Bears playing in the NRL.
THhe predicament of the Bears and the way they were done over in the Super League strife is still a running wound from that war and must be healed.
The Bears on the Central Coast would be a powerful and waelthy franchise that would only add to rugby league and help it compete with the growing power of soccer and AFL.
The likes of Adelaide and PNG(what a screaming joke) filla few lines in a paper but cannot be taken seriously at this stage.
Flo is still generla manager and is adamant the Bears will be back by 2001..once that happens then league can only prosper again on the north shore and the Central Coast.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It was great to see Bears and rugby league legend Greg Florimo on Channel 10 news and on NBN Wednesday still pushing the cause of the Bears playing in the NRL.
THhe predicament of the Bears and the way they were done over in the Super League strife is still a running wound from that war and must be healed.
The Bears on the Central Coast would be a powerful and waelthy franchise that would only add to rugby league and help it compete with the growing power of soccer and AFL.
The likes of Adelaide and PNG(what a screaming joke) filla few lines in a paper but cannot be taken seriously at this stage.
Flo is still generla manager and is adamant the Bears will be back by 2001..once that happens then league can only prosper again on the north shore and the Central Coast.

Time machine?

^_^

Juniors
Heres a reason for Rockin Ronny to leave the hole he's been hiding from.....the Bears are a myth :roll:

HA HA HA

cb4

First Grade
pffft, they have been tryin to get back in longer than souffs......
piss of norths

dimitri

First Grade
i agree!

we need a cc team

we need to bring back more tradition!

it makes sense

Chachi

Bench
Like we need more teams in Sydney. It's a sad situation, but relocate them somewhere else if anything.

MayMoo

Juniors
It is not in Sydney.

The Bears are doing their best with the local juniors , the battle is hard without the existence of an NRL team.

Relocate who ?? No-one wants to go there except the Bears who raised the money to build the stadium as they wanted to move to the Central Coast.

Yes I agree finance will be the biggest hurdle; I hope they are moving in the right direction on this.

If it was left to common sense alone, they would be announcing next week that they have been readmitted for kick-off 2010 season.

Mr Manly

Juniors
who needs norths they are scum......scum i tell you scum....and they are scum too...(copies post from ronnie)

krudmonk

Juniors
How do people in Bears territory feel about the Central Coast? It's not that far, but is it still viewed as relocation?

Merge Souths and Norths and play on the central coast as - Norths Central Coast Rabbitohs - it's a win win win for all.

I would have no problem with the Roosters merging with Newtown and being called the Newtown Sydney Roosters.