What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bears still alive and fighting for re-admittance!

dont copy my words scumbucket....you are scum...you love scum and are scum.:crazy: - by the way 40-0 burn a little more biatch!!!:crazy: would have loved to see your face at fulltime....scum.

LOL @ Scumbucket. Haven't heard that word in years. F*ckin awesome retro diss that...

kbw

Bench
Put the bears in the Central Coast.
Get rid of any more expansion outside of NSW and QLD its a waste of money and drives the cost to the fan up.

vlad

juniors
shame that Singo is handing over the stadium rights to the Central Coast Mariners ... :whistle

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
when the cows come home

Mad_cow.gif

Who of course would want a tennant for the non A league season........
as a stadium rights holder.

Exactly. Then the stadium will be in use all-year-round. If Norths were readmitted it would heal one wound that didn't get better over time. Go Bears.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Is everyone blind? Norths havn't done anything to make a case for readmittance, let alone readmittance on the Central Coast. Where's their business plan, where's their supporter base, where's their connection with the CCoast?

Perth Red

Post Whore
He has a point. if they were serious they would move up there now and build a fanbase so strong that they couldn't be ignored.

MayMoo

Juniors
He has a point. if they were serious they would move up there now and build a fanbase so strong that they couldn't be ignored.

They moved there initially before the CRL booted them out after the NRL did.

Currently the Central Coast has a financial relationship with the Melbourne Storm that has the Central Coast Storm playing in the NSW Cup.

I believe they would love to be playing there now and are probably looking into it but there are hurdles to cross as above.

I dont know if the CRL would let them back until there were some signs from the NRL that the bid may be looked favourably upon, but I'm only guessing - Who knows with politics.

Is everyone blind? Norths havn't done anything to make a case for readmittance, let alone readmittance on the Central Coast. Where's their business plan, where's their supporter base, where's their connection with the CCoast?

The Bears intended to move there in 99 after getting the green light from Whittaker.

They were then unceremoniously dumped as part of the Super League vision, albeit with other problems.

Since then they have tring to stay afloat in the premier league, keep Rugby League alive on the North Shore, & been involved with Singo in a flawless but unsuccessful bid for reinstatement on the CC a few years ago.

I dont know the plan, all I know is that the noises I am hearing sound positive.

It would be foolish to suggest that every CC resident would want the Bears up there as the Central Coast Bears but I feel a majority would.

As for their relationship with the Central Coast (which was one reason why they moved there in the first place) thay are adjoining terrritories and historically the Bears have had good support on the Central Coast.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
The only way CC will get a team is when some Sydney teams merge or relocate. There are too many teams in Sydney.