What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bears still alive and fighting for re-admittance!

MayMoo

Juniors
The only way CC will get a team is when some Sydney teams merge or relocate. There are too many teams in Sydney.

One of the benefits of the Central Coast Bears is that it will reconnect the code with the North Shore.

Why isn't this market as important as any other ??

The numbers game doesent wash, it creates disenchanted fans and kills off a market.

Fans dont just start following another team.

I think even Gallop can see this now.

The only way CC will get a team is when some Sydney teams merge or relocate. There are too many teams in Sydney.

I haven't heard of any other options being touted around for the Central Coast. Teams linked with the $8m move there (Souths, Manly, Canterbury) have gone on record saying there is 0% chance of them leaving their current region. No private consortium has put forward a proposal to start a new side on the Central Coast. The only people proactively talking about a side on the Central Coast are those coming out of Norths Leagues.

The CC Storm is a temporary lower grade solution, and we all saw how successful the CC Rip were as a temporary solution too! They need a 1st Grade side, more so than the current calls for another Qld team.

Red Bear

Referee
Is everyone blind? Norths havn't done anything to make a case for readmittance, let alone readmittance on the Central Coast. Where's their business plan, where's their supporter base, where's their connection with the CCoast?
Err, see bid in 2004/05 to gain readmittance, which in 04 was far better than the gold coasts, so the NRL gave the GC more time to catch up.

We could put that together with ease.

Red Bear

Referee
Altho for the record i dont think we'll ever be back in first grade, which is very sad, i just dont see it happening. If it did i'd be 100% behind a CC bears with a game at NSO every year. You'd see me beer in hand on the Hill for that one:)

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Altho for the record i dont think we'll ever be back in first grade, which is very sad, i just dont see it happening. If it did i'd be 100% behind a CC bears with a game at NSO every year. You'd see me beer in hand on the Hill for that one:)

You may be surprised.

AFL is encroaching with 2 new teams in the next couple of years. Rugby league needs to have a stronghold on the Central Coast. To heal the last wound of the SL war PLUS bring the north shore back to league would be a very smart move.

Also - imagine the terrific loathing for the Manly scum from the North shore and the central coast.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
You may be surprised.

AFL is encroaching with 2 new teams in the next couple of years. Rugby league needs to have a stronghold on the Central Coast. To heal the last wound of the SL war PLUS bring the north shore back to league would be a very smart move.

Also - imagine the terrific loathing for the Manly scum from the North shore and the central coast.

Yet we'd still beat you :lol:

Big-Steve

Juniors

Loudstrat

Coach
Is everyone blind? Norths havn't done anything to make a case for readmittance, let alone readmittance on the Central Coast. Where's their business plan, where's their supporter base, where's their connection with the CCoast?
Err, they built the stadium in the first place! The CC folks were behind the relocation 100%. Without that stadium, and Norths faith in the district, the CC would have no presence in top flight sport at all.

Bluetongue hosting the Bears would have been the closest thing to the Knights at EA - large fanatical crowds weekly.

We ain't talking about a team in Sydney, numbnuts.

Close, yes. And the old Norths averaged 11k in their last full season at NSO. If half of them become regulars at Bluetongue, add that to the crowds from the CC and you potentially have the best supported team in NSW.

vlad

juniors
Err, they built the stadium in the first place! The CC folks were behind the relocation 100%. Without that stadium, and Norths faith in the district, the CC would have no presence in top flight sport at all.

Err , NSW taxpayers built the stadium ... not the North Sydney Bears .

vlad

juniors
One of the benefits of the Central Coast Bears is that it will reconnect the code with the North Shore.

Why isn't this market as important as any other ??

The numbers game doesent wash, it creates disenchanted fans and kills off a market.

Fans dont just start following another team.

I think even Gallop can see this now.

yes fans of sport ONLY follow the team from the locality they live in ... :roll:

MayMoo

Juniors
yes fans of sport ONLY follow the team from the locality they live in ... :roll:

Er, that's what you took from that ?? :?

I said fans don't just start following another team. If you think they do you are wrong. The odd one might (and you) but not in general.

The Bears from memory contributed at least 6m, I think a lot more towards the stadium in Gosford.

Now You can poo poo that all you like and try and rewrite history, but the simple fact is that without the Bears puting their own dosh in, and lobbying govts etc to get the thing built it wouldn't have happened.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Err , NSW taxpayers built the stadium ... not the North Sydney Bears .

No, idiot.
Bears put in millions of dollars - more than any other club has done to secure their future.

hard to understand why you would try and put this down. Must be a fan of a superleague club.

Mr Manly

Juniors
You may be surprised.

and thats all you can ever do now.........oh and watch manly win premierships....:lol:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
and thats all you can ever do now.........oh and watch manly win premierships....:lol:

Being a Manly fan is like being a follower of George Bush or Rodney Adler. they've got money and power - but to associate with them is embarrassing because you know they're rotten to the core.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Bears need to get a presence on the CC if they are serious. They need to be building now in the same way Perth is.

Loudstrat

Coach
LOL. Building a stadium isn't enough?

Its been explained why the Bears haven't got a presence on the CC. Get an adult to explain it in simple terms to you.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
If the Bears were looking to move to the Central Coast why didn't they put their hand up when Melbourne were looking to put a reserve grade team there?