What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bears still alive and fighting for re-admittance!

Perth Red

Post Whore
At the moment it smacks of the Bears wanting an NRL franchise at any cost instead of a genuine desire to re establish the club on the CC. No wonder the NRL is very cautious. You can imagine a scenario where they play two seasons at Gosford, don't get the crowds and announce that ANZ stadium has offered them a packet to play there and they are moving back to Sydney.

MayMoo

Juniors
At the moment it smacks of the Bears wanting an NRL franchise at any cost instead of a genuine desire to re establish the club on the CC. No wonder the NRL is very cautious. You can imagine a scenario where they play two seasons at Gosford, don't get the crowds and announce that ANZ stadium has offered them a packet to play there and they are moving back to Sydney.

The Central Coast Bears playing out of ANZ - I don't think so.

Why can't Melbourne and the Gold Coast play home games at ANZ for a packet then too ?

The Bears may play the odd game, say one a year, or even one every two years at NSO but that would make sense.

The CC Bears will work as it embraces the CC and also the adjoining North Shore of Sydney, and all the Bears supporters there.

If you think they might not get good crowds think again. I dont know what you would base this on.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
If you think they might not get good crowds think again. I dont know what you would base this on.

It's based on ignorance.

Anyone who doesn't think a CC Bears, embracing Central Coast and North Shore, Gosford Stadium with 1 or 2 games at NSO, with Singo's backing will be a raginf long term success is a moron - or an NRL stooge stillhoping to reduce teams so News Limited pay less.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Truth is this:
1) the NRL can't afford to support any basket-case clubs
2) the CC Bears would be another NSW club
3) atm, every NSW NRL club is running at a loss

You can see why they'd be cautious, though if they got a good business plan together I don't see why not

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Truth is this:

You can see why they'd be cautious, though if they got a good business plan together I don't see why not

I wholeheartedly agree.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've no evidence to suggest they would get poor crowds (ie around 10,000) anymore than you have that they would get good crowds (ie 18000+). i was just throwing up a scenario of why the NRL may be cautious without more evidence that the Bears are in it for the long haul starting now.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Truth is this:

Mate - you're kidding. Practically every club is a basket case right now. The reason why the CC Bears was an issue was that the Sydney clubs were sh*tscared of its potential - and still are. If you redid the criteria now - but did it genuinely - 90% of clubs would fail miserably.

Rugby league's backbone is NSW and QLD. The platform must be supported. Anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

the BUSINESS PLAN has been there for 10 years. Only politics has stopped it.

It's time to drop the crap and get the CC Bears into the NRL.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Correct me if I am wrong here (some Norths fans would be able to verify), but I think you will find that around 2003/2004 North Sydney Bears actually wanted to officially change their name to the 'Central Coast Bears' and play a few home games out of Gosford, but for some reason they were blocked by either the NSWRL or Country Rugby League.

There were articles and team line-ups published at the time with the team listed as 'Central Coast Bears'. The name didn't last the season because they were forced to go back to calling themselves 'North Sydney Bears'.

Rugby League politics getting in the way of common sense again!

MsStorm

Bench
lold.jpg

What a killer (just gotta love it):D:D:D

Perth Red

Post Whore
the criteria now - but did it genuinely - 90% of clubs would fail miserably.

Rugby league's backbone is NSW and QLD. The platform must be supported. Anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

you don't consider 13 out of 16 clubs in NRL from NSW and Q'land enough support of the backbone?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I bet he's better looking than you.

Maybe that's the source of your bitterness?

Logically impossible:
1. If a person were uglier than Peter Peters, he would shoot himself immediately;
2. this assumes the parents didn't do this in the first place - a proactive step.
3. Last option, if a person was AS UGLY as Peters, then their only possible saviour is that they don't support the Manly scum. This is why Peters is not only physically repulsive but his connection with Manly makes him an intellectual, moral and human failure as well.

Also - I'm not bitter at all. I think the Bears were defrauded and deserve to be back in the NRL.

I think Manly are scum. Most people do.

When will you idiots understand this?

gong_eagle

First Grade
Logically impossible:
1. If a person were uglier than Peter Peters, he would shoot himself immediately;
2. this assumes the parents didn't do this in the first place - a proactive step.
3. Last option, if a person was AS UGLY as Peters, then their only possible saviour is that they don't support the Manly scum. This is why Peters is not only physically repulsive but his connection with Manly makes him an intellectual, moral and human failure as well.

you have no mirrors in your dump I presume :lol:

Also - I'm not bitter at all. I think the Bears were defrauded and deserve to be back in the NRL.

Bitter and twisted is more like it :lol:

mightybears

Bench
I bet he's better looking than you.

Maybe that's the source of your bitterness?

CC Eagle still in self-loathing mode because others want your area to have an NRL team? Worried that you'll feel the need to support the local mob?