What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Beau Henry thread 2011

Silent Knight

First Grade
Geez Stoney sure likes using the word "bit" a lot.

Also Re: Henry, I'll make a judgement on him at the conclusion of our 2011 season. I'm not prepared to cast judgement on him after 2 ordinary games coming back from a rather debilitating injury. I think we need to show some faith in the kid, he'll come good.

Gene Krupa

Referee
He was terrible but then again, so were most of the players on the field. Guy just came back from an injury and he's perhaps trying a little too hard atm, knowing he was let go by Bennett at Saints. Once he relaxes a bit, he will come good. I think the added pressure of Mullen being out could be a good thing.

Henry *has* to be able to play better than he has. At present, he isn't playing to 1st grade standard. Whether he'll step up or not is yet to see. I'd rather have Rogers out there if he was fit.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He seems to be lacking confidence and commitment at the moment

He needs to step up soon, his career at Newcastle is hinging on the next few weeks

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I thought he was better tonight than he has been in recent weeks. He set up Costigan's try, had a few good runs, but also missed a few tackles. I'm still going to give him a few more weeks.

Matt23

Staff member
I thought he was better tonight than he has been in recent weeks. He set up Costigan's try, had a few good runs, but also missed a few tackles. I'm still going to give him a few more weeks.
Me too...hopefully only the usual suspects are the one's sticking the boots in

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

Do you reckon he is as good as Dureau though? You were talking him up heaps last year..

Spot On

Coach
He can't be immune from the truth - he's just not good enough at the moment. Yes he might have talent, yes he might be lacking in confidence but that defensive effort tonight will have opposing coaches rubbing their hands together with glee.

voltron

Juniors
he's lacking confidence and i think he's worth sticking with
just needs better choices, cuz he has the talent
he isnt a dureau who had the brain, but not the talent to execute, henry can do it, but he just needs a bit of time

billy2

Juniors
Dropping Henry now would be making the same mistake we made with Dureau.

Sap his confidence, give him half games when we are desperate and can't win etc etc etc.

His injury came at an unfortunate time. I think he would be nearly up to speed by now if he had had the chance to get 10 games with Mullen and Gidley both on the field - or just Mullen.

Meanwhile - Dureau led his team to a second win over Wigan overnight and is now second favourite to win the Man Of Steel award as the best player in the ESL.
The last time Wigan lost was the last time Dureau led Catalans to victory over them.

Matt23

Staff member
he's lacking confidence and i think he's worth sticking with
just needs better choices, cuz he has the talent
he isnt a dureau who had the brain, but not the talent to execute, henry can do it, but he just needs a bit of time
Hopefully Matty Johns is able to get in his at some stage during the week.

Whats Doing

Bench

Sap his confidence, give him half games when we are desperate and can't win etc etc etc.

His injury came at an unfortunate time. I think he would be nearly up to speed by now if he had had the chance to get 10 games with Mullen and Gidley both on the field - or just Mullen.

Meanwhile - Dureau led his team to a second win over Wigan overnight and is now second favourite to win the Man Of Steel award as the best player in the ESL.
The last time Wigan lost was the last time Dureau led Catalans to victory over them.

Mate it is 3 games back from injury and he has not been of 1st grade standard. We are not a charity. The first 2 games he played alright was against sub standard opposition on the day. Even Tolar went ok.

Young Roberts in his first grade debut showed much more potential.

If you don't have the speed as a half, you need a great organisational game and Henry I am afraid has neither.

88.Knights

Juniors

i agree, i think he will come good especially when he can get some more games in a more injury free team. he's really been thrown in the deep end very early and had to cop a lot - coming back from a serious ankle injury(possibly rushed) but we were racking up the injuries massively and were desperate. also to come back in when mullo is down on form which adds even more pressure. wouldn't be having this problem if he could've got a few games in reserves and then come back into a team with a confident mullo firing.

his defence and kicking was pretty average tonight as with the last couple of weeks but u can't rubbish a guy of 3 or 4 games when he hasn't even made double digits fg appearances. its a rough patch and i believe/hope he'll get thru it. He was tearing it up in u20s so hes not some useless nuffy just needs some more time to adjust to fg.

also good to hear dureau's killin it in esl, liked him as bloke but wasn't up to fg standard tho, good on him.