What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Best Male Actors Of The Last 50 Years

No TV shows, just movies. This is an opinion piece as you can't quantify an actor's performances. It doesn't matter if someone has won six Oscars or made over 150 movies. Here are mine, in no particular order.

TOP THREE

Anthony Hopkins
Jack Nicholson
Sean Connery

NEXT BEST

Michael Caine
Robert de Niro
Johnny Depp
Dustin Hoffman

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Donald Sutherland
Tom Hanks
Liam Neeson
Mads Mikkelsen
Jason Statham
Al Pacino

I left many great actors off the list as you can only put in so many. I have also disregarded actors who are complete arseholes in public life and those who are wannabe tough guys with little or no acting ability.

Go ahead and add to the list.

Wizardman

First Grade
TOP THREE

Edward Norton
Mickey Rourke (in phases of his career)
Robert De Niro

UNDERRATED

Christopher Reeve = Both in the superb way he played Superman / Clark Kent as well as his other work. Magnificent actor that never got proper kudos for his other work.

Three men who at their best, absolutely grip the screen and not let go. It is a shame that two of those guys have had such shaky careers.

Gene Hackman, Paul Newman and Michael Douglas are all worthy inclusions and feature in most top actors lists but Claude Rains I'm not too familiar with. He's been dead for over 50 years.

Matua

Bench
WTF people, 15 posts and no mention of Brando.

Actually from The Godfather alone John Cazale and Robert Duvall are two others who rate highly.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Gene Hackman, Paul Newman and Michael Douglas are all worthy inclusions and feature in most top actors lists but Claude Rains I'm not too familiar with. He's been dead for over 50 years.
Yeah i mentioned Claude Raines before i read the thread properly with you saying actors in the last 50 years.
Claude was back from the Golden era of Hollywood.