What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best way to get back at French Union!

shiznit

Coach
We're on a sports forum, and its one of the he tragedies/agendas in sport. We on a RL forum have every right to discuss and try to rectify the damages from the past. Those that are fighting this line of thought, are a) the clearly ignorant = drizzle, b) prefer RU = shiznit, or C) are typical insular RL fans = parra
i couldnt give a damn about RU V RL.... what im f**ked off about is the way some blokes carry on about this Vichy rubbish like a victim of aparthied.

As for sh*tnitz,

His sig says it all....

"The All Blacks.. a true icon and one of the biggest brands in world sport."

bahahahahahahahahahha

Parra

Referee
It's the victim mentality shiznit. As long as they can blame someone else for all their woes they can rest easy.

shiznit

Coach
It's the victim mentality shiznit. As long as they can blame someone else for all their woes they can rest easy.
mate, to be honest RU has alot to answer for with the development of RL... ive seen it heaps here in NZ... i have no problem with RU being held accountable for that... what pisses me off is the way they carry on about this Vichy thing...

Get behind the French Rugby League team at the World Cup. Go and watch them play, buy their merchandise. These guys deserve your support as they are in the constant firing line of the French Rugby Football Union and many clubs whose attitudes haven't changed since the times of Vichy.

On another note, it's a great chance to see one of the most damaging players in the world, Djamal Fakir. This is the guy who steam rolled Lockyer a few years back (see 54 seconds into the video). I'd love to see him in the NRL one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d7TXm4uRGo

In places like France and England Rugby League as a sport is going to be judged by the success of this World Cup. They've probably hardly noticed the NRL, but Rugby League in Australia will be on show for the length of the World Cup.

It's a good idea, but I don't remember the World Cup is shown in France.:roll:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
So you see yourself as a crusader? Fighting a battle against people who were in power for a very short time 70 years ago, and are now dead. Do you get 72 virgins when you win?

How am i fighting those people? I am fighting their ideals, as it clashes with mine. According to you, anyone who is believes that jews aren't diminished beings are personally taking the fight to the Hitler and the Nazis who have been dead for a long time?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Ali is spot on with this thread.

Support for French Rugby League and contempt for French Rugby Union is the way to go.

And for the uninitiated like Parra troll, the abusive treatment of French rugby league by French union did not cease in 1941...

No! Contempt for anything French is the only solution! Well .. other than the obvious... :)

ali

Bench
There is not much we can do about the past, though the French RL are still a chance of some compensation for Vichy if they decide to chase it. Other groups discriminated against during Vichy have been given compensation.

However the reason I started this thread is I was worried there would be a back lash against all things French. The French to this day have the hardest environment in the world for promoting Rugby League. We should give them all the support we can.

Sports Orange tient les droits.
Yes, an internet tv channel.:?

It's not regrettably with that, the rugby league is going to grow in France.It's all the more pity, because with a big French channel, this sport would explode.
French Rugby uninon knew an increase of 36 % with his World Cup.
Passing from 258 242 players to 354 030.
It's can be that the solution, a world cup in France. But it's not for tomorrow.

ali

Bench
Yes, an internet tv channel.:?

It's not regrettably with that, the rugby league is going to grow in France.It's all the more pity, because with a big French channel, this sport would explode.
French Rugby uninon knew an increase of 36 % with his World Cup.
Passing from 258 242 players to 354 030.
It's can be that the solution, a world cup in France. But it's not for tomorrow.

Yes it's not great. But at least there is some coverage these days with Catalans getting regular matches on TV and Toulouse getting some coverage from next year.

Funny enough there are many countries where Rugby League is not played that are getting far better coverage than France.

Yes it's not great. But at least there is some coverage these days with Catalans getting regular matches on TV and Toulouse getting some coverage from next year.

Funny enough there are many countries where Rugby League is not played that are getting far better coverage than France.

Sure, it is always better than nothing. Catalans getting regular matches on TV? Yes, but a paying channel. It's for that, you will not have a big increase of rugby league, here.

In more for French guy, it's hardly saleable a French team, in an English championship.:lol:

ali

Bench
Sure, it is always better than nothing. Catalans getting regular matches on TV? Yes, but a paying channel. It's for that, you will not have a big increase of rugby league, here.

In more for French guy, it's hardly saleable a French team, in an English championship.:lol:

Yes an interesting thought. Adding Toulouse to Super League would have made it less English. I think Richard Lewis's aim for Super League is to make a truly European championship long before Union or Football get there.

jdizzle

Juniors
Yes an interesting thought. Adding Toulouse to Super League would have made it less English. I think Richard Lewis's aim for Super League is to make a truly European championship long before Union or Football get there.

And that is a step in the right direction.

Maintaining this stupid fascination with the Vichy government of france is not.

Farenheight, stop trying to try and develop this moral/or whatever high ground. You're talking rubbish.