What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big Ben Humble Pie Thread...

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Its still early in the season but Krisnan Inu seems to be baking a humble pie big enough for most to eat. If he keeps these performances up I admit I am due a slice.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He was flawless on defence tonight, the Storm absolutely peppered him all night with pinpoint bombs but he gobbled them up like a stoned George Rose in a donut shop.

playdaball

Bench
I can recall two people on this thread with the mindset of, "he is a good player don't make an early judgement". One was Skinner and I was the other - there probably were others.

Still early but he is class. I can't recall him taking a drop kick from under the goal post last night i.e. - the Storm kicking was not the best.

hitman82

Bench
I was very happy that we signed him as a depth player for if/when Vatuvei went down, as he's a very skilled if flaky player. Well he seems to have matured amazingly in the last few games, and has probably been our most consistent back.

Actually last night was the first game where I didn't say Vatuvei would have done a better job. Inu was awesome.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'll eat a little slice but it is only early days as someone said..

But he's looked interested - that's the biggest positive for me. The attitude definitely appears to be there. It's whether he can sustain it, especially during our cold months - I imagine it's probably very hard to get yourself up week to week, dragging yourself to Penrose in the freezing cold then stump up on the weekend.

The thing that gets me is how regularly he seems to break tackles. He's not that big is he?

Judd

Juniors
Hold on...he's just getting the pastry ready, play again like that next week agsainst the Panthers and the pie will be in the oven cooking :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Its early days as said. I was happy with the Warriors signing him, he's a prodigious talent and we lacked out and out gamebreakers. The key is going to be getting him concentrating enough to be consistent.

Constraint

Juniors
Didn't expect too much but definitely secretly thought he might come right. Hope he keeps building on it, same with Mateo. Attitudes seem great at present. As someone mentioned in 321, it'll be great to have 2 wingers with such good hands under the high ball once Manu's back. Tries should come a lot easier, I'm thinking

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah, for the most part I was. I was pushing for him to play centre to use the ballskills he has. He offloads an awful lot and I thought he could free up Kevin Locke into a bit of space. The only issue I had was his attitude, but I sometimes think going from a comfortable environment to a new environment takes away any complacency for players.

devoid

Juniors
Was thrilled when we signed Inu, still am now, and still will be if he coughs up balls that contributes to the odd loss. We needed outside backs and the club chased and secured one of the most talented going. Of course I can understand people doubting and lamenting his relaxed style - he is just a different breed. But in all, I am happy the guy is winning support with good performances, and I hope he can continue it from center in the next week or two. In this case it has to be a tasty pie for some - hopefully it just gets better.

Moreover, I am loving seeing Feleti and Kris caring about the result - they look like Warriors to me.

Micistm

Bench
Cut me a big slice. I openly admit I was not for his signing, thought he was hot and cold and the Warriors had more than enough of that already...he's totally proved me wrong and shown why he's a NRL professional and I'm a shortarse dude ranting on his sofa at home!
He's really stepped up this year and been such an asset. Good luck to the guy

I was doubtful when it was announced but hoped for the best out ov him - although he was in and out ov first grade with the Eels, he was once touted with the likes ov Folau as being the next big thing. A lot ov people I know had pretty big Inu-preconceptions (possibly righly so), so I was defending him after his first few games where I felt he played alright and the haters were just knit picking.

Humble pie, no thank you. But his strength has surprised me, didn't know he had that ability to break the tackle and make solid runs out ov our territory.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Another thing that impresses me, is how he can casually walk up to the ball at kick off and punt it around 50m. He must have some power in those legs.

I think I was one of a few Inu supporters, when his signing was announced. He has some freakish talent and Vatuvei "The China Bull" is made of china, so I knew he'd come in handy.

Latest posts