What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest w@nk of the last 10 years...people talking up the raiders

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I agree they have a strong squad but 2 things concern me greatly.

1. Campo's injury. He is no certainty to even get on the field this season and even if he does he won't be at his best. Quite a worry to lose the apex of your team. Orford steps in as the replacement but he is overcoming a season injury as well. He could quite easily go down again at this stage of his career at that will be the end of it.

a.Matt Orford's kicking long kicking game (or lack there of). This will hurt a big side like the raiders especially in the 2nd half when you tire.

2. The 2nd half burnout. All you Canberra fans know what I'm talking about. When the pressure goes on in the back end of the game you run out of juice. The big forwards tire and the team looks rudderless. If this isn't corrected there is no way you can make the top 4.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dear god no.
If you lived down here you would know how everyone suddenly jumped on the bandwagon in the last three weeks of the comp and how the local media were already talking about their record against the Dragons before they even faced the tiggers.

How hilarious have all the David Shillington interviews been since.

"We would have beaten the Dragons the next week for sure!" :lol:

Fingerbang

Bench
Not trying to stir the pot here, but I don't even rate their forwards as up there with the best packs in 2011. Big, yes....but quite a few stronger and more skillful packs overall around for mine.

Individually, I reckon you could find quite a few players in other teams you would pick as better than each of the Raiders.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol:

Hilarious thread.

Keep whinging, it will make the premiership success that much sweeter.

bileduct

Coach
Not trying to stir the pot here, but I don't even rate their forwards as up there with the best packs in 2011. Big, yes....but quite a few stronger and more skillful packs overall around for mine.

Individually, I reckon you could find quite a few players in other teams you would pick as better than each of the Raiders.
This is pretty funny stuff. Do you have a regular gig?

nqcowboy87

Bench
not sure if this has been mentioned but the raiders in the finals last few years

2004-played finals
2005-missed finals
2006-played finals
2007-missed finals
2008-played finals
2009-missed final
2010-played finals

PARRA_FAN

Coach
not sure if this has been mentioned but the raiders in the finals last few years

2004-played finals
2005-missed finals
2006-played finals
2007-missed finals
2008-played finals
2009-missed final
2010-played finals

So in that theory they will miss the finals this year.

I think its since 1986 they havent missed the finals in consecutive seasons.

I havent really heard much talk about the Raiders they always seem to be given no chance for the premiership. No question theyve got a top side but its whether they'll be fresh throughout the whole season.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Let me start by saying I have nothing against the Raiders as a club at all

But I can't believe how excited everyone has been getting over the raiders chances this year

Am I the only one that doesn't see it?

I struggle to see where they will be better then last year (on paper anyway), they've lost Campo for a fair portion of the season and bought an ageing halfback that is hit and miss

I'm happy to lay them this year. Maybe scrape in the bottom of the 8 but absolutely no way they will top 4

Cheers,
moffo

kiss of death

Ray Parlour

Juniors
I think their "best pack" is over hyped.

Yep they have the best front row rotation in Shillo, TLL and White. I also rate Harrision and think Fensom can be something good. However everyone else in their pack is deadset sh*t.

Moffo

Referee
kiss of death

thumbs-up-michael-morgan.jpg

Ezy

Juniors
Most Raiders fans are a lot more apprehensive than the 'experts', that's for sure. It's our strongest squad in more than a decade, but Orford's fitness will be a key issue. If you're the opposition, you'll be wanting to catch us early this year.

Latest posts