What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bitch Finally Strikes

brendothejet

First Grade
I hope the Telstra Dome sells out.

Wouldn't mind a sign that says "Hey rebecca, no one in melbourne cares about Rugby League ey?"

Green Machine

First Grade
The Wallabies are about to embark on a tour of Hong Kong and Europe.
This tour of Hong Kong, I wonder which local team they playing? The end of season tour to London which the ARU have to make every year to pay the bills

The Bledisloe Cup match against New Zealand in Hong Kong has been sold out for months.
So what?
The Tests in Europe are a highlight of the rugby union calendar few union fans here miss.
There about as popular as the Northern Hemisphere spring tours to Australia and we know how popular they are.
But the Wallabies don't go to Somalia or Brazil to play matches.
Neither does the Rugby League Becky. This is not the same ARU that has forced their fans to travel to Melbourne to see a Bledisloe Cup match without a game in Sydney in the same season?
Union bosses play to their audience. League just never learns.
Sure Becky. Union bosses make their fans travel to Melbourne and Hong Kong to see their team play. Can’t wait for the next home test at Mile High Stadium in Denver

Green Machine

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24618282-5001023,00.html

severe case of summertime blues
Article from:

By Rebecca Wilson
November 07, 2008 12:00am

WHEN the winner of the Melbourne Cup salutes the judge each year, three or four weeks of eager pub chatter normally follow.
We say goodbye to fake tan, fascinators and hospitality marquees (or as a colleague likes to calls them, upmarket caravan parks). The footy season is a dim, distant memory.
The Rugby League World Cup does not count. This lemon of an event is proving to be less interesting than round three of the Brownlow Medal count. It has not captured the imagination in the past few tedious weeks.

I won't bore you with the rest of the article because it is pure drivel, but I think she needs some comments added to her on-line column,

Yngwie_70

Juniors
I rely on what I said and the quote I produced. Strangely you haven't produced a bit of evidence...

The rah rah enjoying the RLWC. Should be funny. :lol::lol:

Trying to convince us all you love rugby league after a history of bagging it in TFC. :lol::lol:

The only reason you have taken a (wrong) point is because of the rah rah in Honkers.

:lol:

Enjoy the RLWC 08.

Calixte, at least admit you are wrong when you obviously are. This is the ticketek site right now (Nov 7 2008)
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/showtickets.aspx?sh=RLWCSUN08&v=SUN&p=ERLW2008942

Stop name calling and check your facts. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!

Nz

Juniors
Funnily enough i see her quite commonly around the Eastern Suburbs, i only just realised now who she was.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Funnily enough i see her quite commonly around the Eastern Suburbs, i only just realised now who she was.

is she pissed?

if you see her getting in a car ring the coppers. you might just save a life

Parra

Referee
Imagine a free press!

They should all sing the praises of the RLWC! Of course, no media outlet has to do this, as everyone already loves it.

deluded pom?

Coach
Imagine a free press!

They should all sing the praises of the RLWC! Of course, no media outlet has to do this, as everyone already loves it.

Now now Parra. It's not about a free press it's about some hack trying to deride a sport that she feels hasn't played ball with her in the past purely for personal reasons rather than genuine journalism. As plenty of previous posters have pointed out she doesn't pull any other sport's ambitions and WC to pieces so why should she focus on the RL version? Why is this attitude to RL so prevalent, not just in Australia but here in the UK too? We aren't allowed any leeway whereas other sports can do as they like without fear of being ridiculed across the sports pages of the daily newspapers.

_Johnsy

Referee
It features teams from such league superpowers as Scotland and Tonga.

Well lets look at the yawnion world cup.
Powerhouses such as USA, Canada, Samoa, Japan, Romania, Portugal, Georgia, Namibia.

Some of the quality football produced, NZ def Portugal 108 - 13, NZ def Romania 85 - 8, France def Georgia 64 - 7, Aus def Japan 91 - 3.

The woman is a trollop.