What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bitch Finally Strikes

Calixte

First Grade
I rely on what I said and the quote I produced. Strangely you haven't produced a bit of evidence...

The rah rah enjoying the RLWC. Should be funny. :lol::lol:

Trying to convince us all you love rugby league after a history of bagging it in TFC. :lol::lol:

The only reason you have taken a (wrong) point is because of the rah rah in Honkers.

:lol:

Enjoy the RLWC 08.

Calixte

First Grade
As for your girlfriend Bec, a poorer excuse for writing could scarcely be produced in a lab full of test tubes, a budget of $100 billion and the genes of Fitzsimons and Magnay...

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
I rely on what I said and the quote I produced. Strangely you haven't produced a bit of evidence...

The rah rah enjoying the RLWC. Should be funny. :lol::lol:

Trying to convince us all you love rugby league after a history of bagging it in TFC. :lol::lol:

The only reason you have taken a (wrong) point is because of the rah rah in Honkers.

:lol:

Enjoy the RLWC 08.

Ahh i see your avoiding the matter of the game being soldout now, i wonder why...

Haha anyone who doesn't wank constantly on about RL is considered to be bagging it according to you.

jim_57

Staff member
Ahh i see your avoiding the matter of the game being soldout now, i wonder why...

Haha anyone who doesn't wank constantly on about RL is considered to be bagging it according to you.

The reason why A Category tickets are still available for the final is because they were released by an agent. All general sale tickets sold out about 3/4 months ago, and I think a few lots of tickets were release a while back.

The way you put it, it's a long way from sell-out because A category tickets are still available is incorrect because I think you will find A category is all that you can buy and the dregs of A category at that. I got 2 A category tickets a while back when they were released and they weren't great for A seats.

Just thought I'd sort that point out.

Calixte

First Grade
The reason why A Category tickets are still available for the final is because they were released by an agent. All general sale tickets sold out about 3/4 months ago, and I think a few lots of tickets were release a while back.

The way you put it, it's a long way from sell-out because A category tickets are still available is incorrect because I think you will find A category is all that you can buy and the dregs of A category at that. I got 2 A category tickets a while back when they were released and they weren't great for A seats.

Don't introduce any rationality into it.

He is too busy proving he loves RL by attacking me...

:lol::lol::lol:

Butters

Bench

Tickets are avaiable, therefore it isn't a sell out. That is all i've been trying to point out to Caltwat, unfortunately he seems to struggle with the concept.

Calixte

First Grade
Tickets are avaiable, therefore it isn't a sell out. That is all i've been trying to point out to Caltwat, unfortunately he seems to struggle with the concept.

Everything I have said in this thread is true.

1. The game was sold out.
2. A batch of tickets has recently been released.
3. You are a rah rah troll.

100%.

:D:D:D

screeny

Bench

How many sell outs have you seen with empty seats in all sports? Loads.

As Jim 57 says, the general release tickets at the time were sold out; if outside agencies who block booked are selling these have still been bought.

Could the ARL blatantly lie about it being a sell out, I'm not so sure?

roopy

Referee
Tour groups etc book lots of tickets with the understanding they can return them if unsold.
There are always a few tickets floating around.
Same for every game.
I always decide to go late, and i can always get a ticket - often not in a very good spot though.

pcpp

Juniors
Look at the comments for Rebecca Wilson's article - almost every comment is in support of the World Cup.

Normally in other World Cup articles theres usually a fairly even split of supporters and detractors - looks like the universal hatred of Rebecca Wilson has brought everyone together ;)

thommo4pm

Coach
Seriously, the Editors at the Telegraph need to be shot for letting this article get out.

The damage it does, is it can possibly sway the minds of those who were thinking of attending, but then read her article and think the games will be trash.

She has nothing better to write about, she is a God damn nothing journalist and person.
How is she allowed to write articles on Rugby League, it is clear she does not like the sport.

The Telegraph are as weak as piss for allowing her to write such filth.

All of our replies to her will not get the same amount of coverage as what she has got by writing the article. She has done a stack of damage with that terrible article.

thommo4pm

Coach
And just to help the debate regarding the tickets.
I just logged on to the Ticketek website to buy some tickets for the final (to see if I could).
The best seat I could get was the second last bay on the left in the top section in the second highest row of that bay.

So yes there are tickets left, but yes it is very close to a sell out right now, and most likely will be sold out.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The damage it does, is it can possibly sway the minds of those who were thinking of attending, but then read her article and think the games will be trash.

Thommo4pm, unfortunately this is exactly why it is written. The media conatantly attacks league and creates a certain perception of it, why it's their agenda to do so I don't know? But they have been doing it for years.

Look at the general attitude towards international league, it's nowhere near as bad as they make it to be.

Or the behaviour of players is a reflection of society not of RL as the media make it out to be.

Brutus

Referee
Thommo4pm, unfortunately this is exactly why it is written. The media conatantly attacks league and creates a certain perception of it, why it's their agenda to do so I don't know? But they have been doing it for years.

Look at the general attitude towards international league, it's nowhere near as bad as they make it to be.

Or the behaviour of players is a reflection of society not of RL as the media make it out to be.

It's also the the Telegraph's/news ltds best interests to devalue the international game in favour of the NRL/Origin.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Here's my post to the bitch on the Daily Telegraph comments section -

Is this the same Rebecca Wilson that worked for Super League?? What happened to your cherished Super League "world vision" Rebecca? When players would be recognised in China? This World Cup is doing more for the international game that Super League ever did.

And if you want to compare Rugby League to other sports - you say that "While the AFL is content to rest on its domestic laurels". Well if that's the case why are they playing that joke of a mongrel hybird game on a rectangular field and a round ball Rebecca?? The AFL players a playing a game that does not exist at a domestic level anywhere in the world! Now that's what I call a joke!!

Rugby League is played in around 30 countries - just because most of them can't beat Australia does that mean they shouldn't have a national team and play at international tournaments?

How many countries have won the Netball World Cup? Australia, New Zealand, and that's about it! I don't see you bagging Netball!

As for the Rugby Union World Cup - no-one is questioning that Rugby Union is bigger worldwide and their World Cup tournament is bigger, but what about some of the 70, 8, 90, and 100 point scorelines to come out of their tournament?? Check out these scorelines Rebecca -

Team score Against Date Australia 142 - 0 Namibia 25/10/2003 New Zealand 145 - 17 Japan 04/06/1995 New Zealand 101 - 3 Italy 14/10/1999 England 111 - 13 Uruguay 02/11/2003 New Zealand 108 - 13 Portugal 15/09/2007 England 101 - 10 Tonga 15/10/1999 Scotland 89 - 0 Cote D'Ivoire 26/05/1995 Australia 91 - 3 Japan 08/09/2007 New Zealand 91 - 7 Tonga 24/10/2003 Australia 90 - 8 Romania 18/10/2003 England 84 - 6 Georgia 12/10/2003 New Zealand 85 - 8 Romania 29/09/2007 France 87 - 10 Namibia 16/09/2007 South Africa 72 - 6 Uruguay 11/10/2003 New Zealand 70 - 6 Italy 22/05/1987 New Zealand 70 - 7 Italy 11/10/2003 New Zealand 68 - 6 Canada 17/10/2003 New Zealand 76 - 14 Italy 08/09/2007 New Zealand 74 - 13 Fiji 27/05/1987 Canada 72 - 11 Namibia 14/10/1999 England 67 - 7 Italy 02/10/1999 Argentina 63 - 3 Namibia 22/09/2007 France 70 - 12 Zimbabwe 02/06/1987 France 64 - 7 Georgia 30/09/2007 Ireland 64 - 7 Namibia 19/10/2003 Wales 72 - 18 Japan 20/09/2007 Argentina 67 - 14 Namibia 14/10/2003 England 60 - 7 Japan 30/05/1987 South Africa 59 - 7 Samoa 09/09/2007 South Africa 60 - 10 Samoa 01/11/2003 South Africa 64 - 15 USA 30/09/2007 Fiji 67 - 18 Namibia 01/10/1999 Wales 64 - 15 Japan 09/10/1999 Australia 57 - 9 Romania 03/10/1999 Scotland 48 - 0 Spain 16/10/1999 Wales 57 - 10 Japan 27/05/1995 Argentina 50 - 3 Romania 22/10/2003 Samoa 60 - 13 Uruguay 15/10/2003 Scotland 56 - 10 Portugal 09/09/2007 Ireland 53 - 8 USA 02/10/1999 South Africa 47 - 3 Spain 10/10/1999 Ireland 55 - 11 Zimbabwe 06/10/1991 Japan 52 - 8 Zimbabwe 14/10/1991 New Zealand 49 - 6 Wales 14/06/1987 France 55 - 12 Romania 28/05/1987 Australia 55 - 12 Fiji 23/09/2007 France 61 - 18 Fiji 11/10/2003 France 51 - 9 Scotland 25/10/2003 Scotland 42 - 0 Romania 18/09/2007 New Zealand 40 - 0 Scotland 23/09/2007 New Zealand 46 - 6 USA 08/10/1991

Do you have anything to say about the above Rugby Union World Cup scorelines Rebecca?

The Rugby League World Cup is a celebration of sport, much like the Olympic ideals - who wins doesn't really matter. Let us enjoy the sporting occasion of the Rugby League World Cup whilst losers like you can please themselves.

screeny

Bench
The problem is that with every passionate reply RW will be cackling and rubbing her hands together with satisfaction, thinking 'nicely done, girl' to herself.

Calixte

First Grade
Agreed.

You would be better off writing her editor and telling him/her you won't be purchasing the rag again...

(Not that I ever do these days...)

Green Machine

First Grade
Tournament organiser Colin Love is the chairman of the Australian Rugby League, the body that runs representative rugby league. Somehow, Love managed to convince the NRL that holding a tournament at the end of a gruelling league season was a good idea.

That is a complete lie. The NRL clubs forced the IRL to play the World Cup at the end of the season. The original proposal was to play it before the start of the NRL season. You would think that someone would proof read her copy before it went to print,

Green Machine

First Grade
Sadly, one of only two games that matters in the entire tournament - Australia versus England - will be played in Melbourne. And we all know how much Melbourne loves its league.
So, if 30k turn up to watch Australia V England at the Telstra Dome, Becky might end up with egg on her face. She will probably be too pissed from Derby Day to see the match

Latest posts