What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Hole

shiznit

Coach
303 combined yards!

Probably should’ve picked up that 5th year option. 🥴🤣
Meh…. I agreed with them making him prove it…

Because he’s been to a pro bowl if he makes his 2nd pro bowl the 5th yr option has to equal the franchise tag.

so whether we gave him the option or not… we would have had to pay the franchise tag amount anyway… unless he doesn’t have a pro bowl season… in which case your stuck another year with an average RB.

sure it means we can’t tag anyone else… but pretty much everyone has been paid so I don’t think anyone is due….

Meh…. I agreed with them making him prove it…

Because he’s been to a pro bowl if he makes his 2nd pro bowl the 5th yr option has to equal the franchise tag.

so whether we gave him the option or not… we would have had to pay the franchise tag amount anyway… unless he doesn’t have a pro bowl season… in which case your stuck another year with an average RB.

sure it means we can’t tag anyone else… but pretty much everyone has been paid so I don’t think anyone is due….
Fair enough. Those types of contract details are way above my “Madden rating”. 🤓

What was worse:

1) The Saints meltdown on Tuesday
2) The Raiders today

Two all time nuclear self immolations.
It has to go to the Raiderps, by quite a stretch.

Brady vs Baker’s first game without a practice (as strenuously and continuously expressed by Herbstreit)

That was a monumental balls-up by the Raiderps. That football team is perfect reflection of their owners hair-do.

shiznit

Coach
It has to go to the Raiderps, by quite a stretch.

Brady vs Baker’s first game without a practice (as strenuously and continuously expressed by Herbstreit)

That was a monumental balls-up by the Raiderps. That football team is perfect reflection of their owners hair-do.
To be fair… hair aside… I would rather Mark Davis as an owner than most of the others…

dude cares about the team and organisation and has managed to get them their own stadium, new facilities and overall in a great position despite having 1/50th the net worth of nearly all the other owners.

The players and the coaches have just let us down again… 🤦‍♂️

I’m pretty much done with DC now… I’ve been the dudes biggest supporter in the last 8-9 seasons… but I just think considering the weapons he has and the amount of opportunities he had yesterday we should have been up by far, far more then 13pts.

we are extremely poor in the red zone… and while in the past I’ve blamed a lack of talent, coaching etc… I think it’s about time DC gets the blame here.

I honestly think the dude is talented enough and will eventually win a SB with someone… I just don’t think it will be with the Raiders.

I think he’s the type of QB you could drop into an already strong defence and he will keep the offense above water to win you games.

If I was the Raiders I would trade DC… and get back atleast a 1st… most likely multiple 1st’s.

With Brady a free agent I’d say bring the old man in for one or two more seasons under his old partner in crime Josh McDaniels and see if they can get anything out of him and then draft the next QB to sit behind Brady for a year or two…

thats probably the most likely way forward I can see….

Hell no to Brady and Carr has a no trade clause I'm pretty sure.

Carr isn't the problem. The playcalling is what f**ked us. Jacobs has been good, but we ran it way too much.

shiznit

Coach
Hell no to Brady and Carr has a no trade clause I'm pretty sure.

Carr isn't the problem. The playcalling is what f**ked us. Jacobs has been good, but we ran it way too much.
Carr does have a no trade clause but I’m sure he will waive it if you can find him the right situation.

playcalling is part of it… but we gotta be honest here… the Raiders have been terrible in the red zone the entire time DC has been the QB.

Case in point:

DC’s redzone passer rating rank amongst other QBs in the league…

2014: 10th of 33 qualifiers
2015: 30th of 35
2016: 18th of 30
2017: 23rd of 32
2018: 21st of 33
2019: 15th of 32
2020: 18th of 35
2021: 23rd of 31

And this season he is currently 27th of 31.

that’s a lot of different play callers.

Im happy to give McDaniels another season and considering Brady has been the most successful QB in McDaniels system why not bring him in… give him Carr’s weapons and more importantly draft his successor to sit and watch behind the GOAT for a season or two.

skeepe

Immortal
Yeah look I’m a Carr supporter but I think he’s done with the Raiders. That red zone pick he threw in the second quarter absolutely sent me. It was awful.

Eelementary

Post Whore
To be fair… hair aside… I would rather Mark Davis as an owner than most of the others…

dude cares about the team and organisation and has managed to get them their own stadium, new facilities and overall in a great position despite having 1/50th the net worth of nearly all the other owners.

The players and the coaches have just let us down again… 🤦‍♂️

I’m pretty much done with DC now… I’ve been the dudes biggest supporter in the last 8-9 seasons… but I just think considering the weapons he has and the amount of opportunities he had yesterday we should have been up by far, far more then 13pts.

we are extremely poor in the red zone… and while in the past I’ve blamed a lack of talent, coaching etc… I think it’s about time DC gets the blame here.

I honestly think the dude is talented enough and will eventually win a SB with someone… I just don’t think it will be with the Raiders.

I think he’s the type of QB you could drop into an already strong defence and he will keep the offense above water to win you games.

If I was the Raiders I would trade DC… and get back atleast a 1st… most likely multiple 1st’s.

With Brady a free agent I’d say bring the old man in for one or two more seasons under his old partner in crime Josh McDaniels and see if they can get anything out of him and then draft the next QB to sit behind Brady for a year or two…

thats probably the most likely way forward I can see….

Welcome to the dark side.

Derek Carr is a bum.