What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The cheating, match-fixing Aussies thread

Cammo

Bench
If the Kiwis didn't cheat the system to begin with and lose their points then they wouldn't have a problem. Only got themselves to blame for their predicament.

Funny how now if they don't make the final it will be Australia's fault. We didn't cheat the eligibility system. NZ did.

MKEB...

Staff member
Cammo said:
If the Kiwis didn't cheat the system to begin with and lose their points then they wouldn't have a problem. Only got themselves to blame for their predicament.

Funny how now if they don't make the final it will be Australia's fault. We didn't cheat the eligibility system. NZ did.

No you guys just cheat the system in other ways.
You cant tell me that Sticky actually tried to pick a winning side last week can you.

Micistm

Bench
Whether we're in the final or not, that's out of our hands now, I'm pretty happy with the way the Kiwis have gone this year. This comp is showing what the Kiwis can do when they're together for quite a while to train rather than the rushing to get players a couple of days before a test.
Now seeing the international board seems interested in enforcing rules we should se even stronger Kiwi sides from next year (I have a strong suspicion we'll see more 'urgent surgery' for our players as a loophole too).
Next week will be interesting- Lets see if Stuart decides to 'experiment' with his team again.

aussies1st

Staff member
We're not going to lose 2 times in a row. Yes the British would be easier to beat but this is not the sport where we need to lose on purpose, we are meant to be the best in the World after all.

salivor

First Grade
The problem Australia will face is that GB are so poor it'd be impossible for them to throw the game even if they wanted to. If GB play like they did last night, Aus could throw a tea party on half way and leave GB to their own devices and they'd still struggle to find the try line.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
How many reasons do we need as to why Australia wouldn't throw the game? Let's see.

1) They have too much pride. The Aussies believe they should win every game (and have the talent to back it up) there's no way they're going to throw a game, especially against the poms

2) The Aussies don't fear NZ. Yes NZ probably have a better chance of beating Australia in the final and the games are generally more physical when the two teams come together but Australia aren't running scared enough to actually throw a game of football.

3) If Australia lose next week and then win the final then the 3 matches against GB end with GB winning 2-1. Granted, if Australia win the final the players/coaches/fans won't give a toss about what happened beforehand, but that little bit of Aussie pride (especially against the poms) wouldn't let that result sit well even with the trophy in hand.

4) After what happened last year I would've thought Australia would be keen to face up to the Kiwis in the final this year to bury those demons for good. Last years final was an absolute ambush and one of the most ordinary Aussie performances I've ever seen. I think Australia V New Zealand holds a bit more appeal on that basis.

5) One of the big things Ricky Stuart talked about when appointed was putting pride in the Aussie jumper. To roll over and throw a game less than a year afterwards would be the biggest embarassment in the game. Don't see it happening.

6) Australia will want to play the best team. If the Aussies give it everything and still go down to the Poms for a second consecutive time then GB deserves to be in the final. On the flip side NZ are the defending champions, beat GB in both games and were 8 painful minutes away from beating Australia in that second match.

No matter what happens I think the two teams that make the final will deserve to be there. The saddest thing is the way the whole granny gate thing has overshadowed the games. If GB make the final then they beat Australia twice, Australia beat NZ twice and NZ beat GB twice. There haven't been any real blowouts until last night and even the first Tri Nations game when Australia looked in control, NZ were in it for most of the way and continued competing right until the end.

Whoever makes the final I just hope we don't have another one sided contest. It's been a pretty even series so far and I hope we get a quality final and a close contest.

aussies1st

Staff member
If we lose again the media will be blowing up, of course we will have the usual cheating from the Kiwis, our media will say we've lost it and call for Sticky's head along with a few others.

salivor said:
The problem Australia will face is that GB are so poor it'd be impossible for them to throw the game even if they wanted to. If GB play like they did last night, Aus could throw a tea party on half way and leave GB to their own devices and they'd still struggle to find the try line.
And yet the result went to the Lions last time they played which was hardly a tea party :roll:

salivor

First Grade
That was the token Pom fluke performance, as they've shown time and time again they can't back it up with any consistancy. Time for the Poms to move a side and let the big boys play now.

Wiki Worriers

Juniors
It was, but it shows that you guys would do anything to win. maybe even throw a game next week in order to make the final a bit easier

DownUnder

Coach
Wiki Worriers said:
It was, but it shows that you guys would do anything to win. maybe even throw a game next week in order to make the final a bit easier

You are comparing two different people from two vastly different sports.

Latest posts