What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

^ Pando

retired
Why would he have lost his job? Someone else in an earlier post said that Scrafton had no political ties. Is this wrong?

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
This whole report contains third hand information and heresay from people who weren't there.

Divine's article contains quotes from people describing in some detail how the boats were scuttled.

Do the math.
LMAO.

During the events of Siev 4 and the children overboard allegations, which one of these statements sounds more likely...

1.) Commander Banks was onboard the HMAS Adelaide.
2.) Miranda Devine was onboard the HMAS Adelaide.

_Johnsy

Referee
"No. We deny the intent"

You start off denying he lied, then it moved to the intent.

Well which one is it, you cant have it both ways.

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:
LMAO.

During the events of Siev 4 and the children overboard allegations, which one of these statements sounds more likely...

I didn't say Devine was on the boat. She has quoted people who were though

_Johnsy said:
"No. We deny the intent"

You start off denying he lied, then it moved to the intent.

Well which one is it, you cant have it both ways.

A lie is the act of intentionally misleading. You have been unable to prove Prime Minister Howard had the intent to mislead. He is therefore not a liar.

_Johnsy

Referee
as he said "I did not set out to mislead".......

Note he did not say "I did not mislead"

Big big difference, the above comments would tell you he did mislead, but he did not set out to do so. Simple.... he lied.

Jimbo

Immortal
_Johnsy said:

Big big difference, the above comments would tell you he did mislead, but he did not set out to do so. Simple.... he lied.

He did not set out to do so. Meaning, there was no intent.

So he didn't lie.

_Johnsy

Referee
So if I am in court giving evidence, and I dont mean to mislead, but I do.....its ok ?

:roll:

^ Pando

retired
_Johnsy said:

There is a big difference between being wrong, and lying.

JK

^ Pando said:
Why would he have lost his job? Someone else in an earlier post said that Scrafton had no political ties. Is this wrong?

:lol:
Surely you can keep up better than that!
He was seconded to the Ministers office and could have been sacked by the Minister.

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Willow said:
LMAO.

I didn't say Devine was on the boat. She has quoted people who were though.

You seem enjoy cutting out relevant sections to suit your own argument. Ordinary stuff Jimbo.

Devine quoted a Liberal Senator's appendix. This was based on early reports which later disproved by CDF.

You seem to have trouble reading departmental reports and rely more on conjecture from a columnist.

Perhaps the weekend TV guide is a good source for you as well.

JK

"I did not intend to have sexual relations with that woman"

Is this now ok?

^ Pando

retired
_Johnsy said:
So if I am in court giving evidence, and I dont mean to mislead, but I do.....its ok ?

:roll:

Of course it's OK as far as your evidence goes. If you aren't meaning to mislead, what else can you do?

Care to put your question into some sort of context?

mickdo

Coach
^ Pando said:
_Johnsy said:

There is a big difference between being wrong, and lying.
But if you initially are wrong, then are correctly informed that you are wrong by those who would know, but continue to say those wrong things, then you aren't lying? :lol:

Latest posts