What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

^ Pando

retired
JK said:
No it is not - why did Howard not correct the record immediately.

As soon as he found out that his information may have been faulty, he told parliament. What more do you want?

Anonymous

Juniors
^ Pando said:
JK said:

As soon as he found out that his information may have been faulty, he told parliament. What more do you want?
As a matter of interest, are you referring to the findings of the CDF report?

ibeme

First Grade
^ Pando said:
ibeme said:
She was a senior defence advisor who believed that she was asked to write briefs on Iraq's supposed WMD's for the government, based on reports from the UN Weapons Inspectors findings.

What she wanted to write, differed in terms of accuracy, to what the government wanted her to write. In other words, she wanted to be accurate, the government wanted her to sex it up.

She refused to do so, and instead was granted a request for unpaid leave. Then she was sacked.

Who believed that she was asked to sex up reports?

Was she or wasn't she? Please provide proof other than her say so.

Grammatical error on my part.

Here's an interview where she explains it in her own words. You can believe what you want.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2004/s1085511.htm

^ Pando

retired
Willow said:
^ Pando said:
JK said:

No. I don't recall mentioning the CDF at all.

^ Pando

retired
ibeme said:
Grammatical error on my part.

Here's an interview where she explains it in her own words. You can believe what you want.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2004/s1085511.htm

From your link:

A former member of the Democrats, Ms Errey was on leave for a year before she was sacked.

The Defence Minister Robert Hill and his Department, say her termination was on performance grounds and had nothing to do with any briefs she may have written or was going to write, nor was it based on her views about Australia's involvement in Iraq.

Should I have read on any further? :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
^ Pando said:
Willow said:
^ Pando said:
JK said:

No. I don't recall mentioning the CDF at all.
I didn't say you mentioned it. That's why I asked.

Have you read the CDF report?

Anonymous

Juniors
Well it is the official report regarding the Siev 4 children overboard affair from the chief of the defence forces.
Do you think that children were thrown overboard?

0neye

lets go to the VIDEO yep there goes one into the water :clap: :clap: :clap:

^ Pando

retired
Willow said:
Well it is the official report regarding the Siev 4 children overboard affair from the chief of the defence forces.

Of course I think they were thrown overboard. They didn't jump in of their own accord.

I'd wonder about the morals of any parent who wouldn't throw their kids off a sinking boat when there is a Navy frigate fifty feet away.

In my opinion, the bone of contention isn't whether they were thrown off the boat or not, but whether they scuttled the boat so that the Navy couldn't send them back to where they came from.

Snoop

Coach
Actually, what the 'left' have been trying to debate is when the PM knew that his claims were wrong. The right keep trying to shift the debate elsewhere.

JK

The bone of contention is whether Howard lied about the children being thrown overboard.

The Navy report alreadys mentions no scuttling of the boat or throing children overboard. That is already dealt with, quite well, by Willow.

^ Pando

retired
snoopster77 said:
Actually, what the 'left' have been trying to debate is when the PM knew that his claims were wrong. The right keep trying to shift the debate elsewhere.

The left are trying to dig up dirt prior to an election. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

millersnose

Post Whore
these are magic boats

they have special caulk which deteriorates upon the presence of australian navy vessels

^ Pando

retired
JK said:
The bone of contention is whether Howard lied about the children being thrown overboard.

The Navy report alreadys mentions no scuttling of the boat or throing children overboard. That is already dealt with, quite well, by Willow.

Did the boat sink right in front of a Navy frigate? Must have been just dumb luck that the Navy was there....

JK

millersnose said:
these are magic boats

they have special caulk which deteriorates upon the presence of australian navy vessels

You have been asked for proof for your assertion Miller.

You have failed to do so.

[/story]