What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

^ Pando

retired
Willow said:
Given that they lie on this issue means they be can't be trusted with whatever they say about it. Nor does it make it right.
Don't know and don't care about Labor... they were pretty gutless at the time imo.

So given that all poliies lie, do you agree Howard lied on the Children Overboard affair?

It's not a given that they lied about it for one.

For two, it is one of the worst beat ups I've ever seen.

This one rates up there with "The Tigers would have beaten the Bulldogs if it wasn't for the ref".

You are trying to make out that this ONE issue won Howard the election, which is ludicrous.

It doesn't matter. Some illegals were lucky enough to be rescued from certain death by the Navy.

A speech writer thought it was good for a couple of political points and it backfired.

Do you think that if Howard had got up in parliament and said "The Navy rescued some boat people today, nothing else to report" that the election result would have been different?

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Willow why argue with Shire SHARK???? He is nothing but a coward piece of sh$t who sits behind the safety of his pc and rambles on about his hatred towards his fellow human beings. F#cking racist pig, i would give my right leg to throw him in that same water as those little kids, you waste of life. ShireFark, before you comment on me sitting behind my pc, I would at any time love to discuss this and any other matter with you face to face. :twisted: It would be an honour. People like you make me sick to my stomach....
My statement here:
A lot of people, including myself, couldnt care less how the children - and the adults for that matter - got in the water. I'd still back Howard over a bunch of lousy queue jumping illegal immigrants.

How hard are you mate? Talking about desperate people running away from poverty, hunger and what ever else they have been through. You remind me of racist pigs who would sit in front of their houses and call me a little Mediterranean Descendant when I was a kid. Brave enough to mock me when i was 8, have f$ck all balls to do it now. Your exactly like them, hide behind your pc mate, because your views on the world wont get you far in life, scum.

Anonymous

Juniors
^ Pando said:
Willow said:
Given that they lie on this issue means they be can't be trusted with whatever they say about it. Nor does it make it right.
Don't know and don't care about Labor... they were pretty gutless at the time imo.

So given that all poliies lie, do you agree Howard lied on the Children Overboard affair?

It's not a given that they lied about it for one.

For two, it is one of the worst beat ups I've ever seen.

This one rates up there with "The Tigers would have beaten the Bulldogs if it wasn't for the ref".

You are trying to make out that this ONE issue won Howard the election, which is ludicrous.

It doesn't matter. Some illegals were lucky enough to be rescued from certain death by the Navy.

A speech writer thought it was good for a couple of political points and it backfired.

Do you think that if Howard had got up in parliament and said "The Navy rescued some boat people today, nothing else to report" that the election result would have been different?
LOL. You keep asking me to be a fortune teller.

The fact is, they didnt just get up in parliament and say 'The Navy rescued some boat people."

Instead, they whipped people up and turned it into a media circus.

I don't believe the Navy were happy with the way it was handled.

ShireShark,
You don't care how they got in the water. What was you reaction when Peter Reith went on TV with those pictures?

And in your opinion, what was the best course of action for the crew of the Adelaide?

^ Pando

retired
Willow said:
LOL. You keep asking me to be a fortune teller.

The fact is, they didnt just get up in parliament and say 'The Navy rescued some boat people."

Instead, they whipped people up and turned it into a media circus.

I'm not asking you to be a fortune teller, I'm asking your opinion.

The fact is that it's Labor who is trying to get the media circus running on an old issue in the lead up to an election.

Don't even try to pretend that Labor isn't trying to get political points out of this.

Anonymous

Juniors
^ Pando said:
The fact is that it's Labor who is trying to get the media circus running on an old issue in the lead up to an election.

Don't even try to pretend that Labor isn't trying to get political points out of this.
The article speaks of a Mr Scrafton, not Labor.

ShireShark,
You don't care how they got in the water. What was you reaction when Peter Reith went on TV with those pictures?

Quite frankly I cant remember my exact reaction because it happened about 3 years ago
But I remember thinking it was a worry that those kids were in the water, I wasnt too concerned with how they got there. If I was a scared kid who had been put on that boat by my irresponsible parents, I'd prefer to be thrown overboard than left on a sinking boat.

And in your opinion, what was the best course of action for the crew of the Adelaide?

To save the people in the water, of course. I'm not disputing that.

What was that loud bang I heard about 15-20 minutes ago? I think it was N.Hindmarsh's head popping! :lol:

millersnose said:
Willow said:
millersnose said:
i think they were thrown there

after the boat was scuttled
Do you have any proof of this?

no

The actual evidence from the people who were there says otherwise.

oh really?

i havent read any report on how the boat began its journey underneath the waves

do you have a link?

The issue was whether or not the PM knew, he said he didn't... but others say he did.

well that may well be the issue for you...

Is Mr Scrafton lying?

well he says no children werew thrown into the water

they clearly were

why is the issue

and it seems the boat was sinking and the childrens parents seem to have thrown them into the water to lessen the risk of them drowning

who scuttled the boat?

They were trying to save their children. Oh no, that can't be true!!!! Mr. Howard says they were evil doers threatening to throw their children overboard as a threat! Bad people, those damn A-rabs, can't trust em.

sullyfan said:
andrew flap said:
The passing of time and whether it is old news does not negate this.

But in a election, it does. Labor should be out releasing policies rather than getting stuck in the past. People are way over the children overboard affair.

Living in the Past. Costello and Howard are still blaming Keating for everything. Abbot is dragging up things about Latham that are over a decade old. Come on, the Libs are just as bad about living in the past.

JK

millersnose said:
so what did howard actually say that didnt actually happen?

He said that the advice he received was that children were thrown overboard.

The Defence advisor, who was in contact with the Department (who he was seconded from) and who had watched the video and spoken to defence clearly told him that there was no evidence that children were thrown overboard.

Throw (verb) To propel through the air with a motion of the hand or arm.

Sinking in a boat does not consititute 'thrown overboard'. Claiming otherwise is making you look like a donkey.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
What was that loud bang I heard about 15-20 minutes ago? I think it was N.Hindmarsh's head popping!
It nearly did mate, ignorance and arrogance are two personality traits that I cannot stand in a human being, that is why you make me sick to my stomach, coward.

:lol:
Guilty
Ignorance: I dont care for your opinion
Arrogant: I think I'm better than you

I'd be better informed on these matters than you would be anyway.

Someone's taking their web forums a little too seriously I see, it's always funny when someone is so dimwitted that they cant handle a good debate so they start threatening physical violence. Keep going clown, youre only embarrassing yourself, I certainly dont care. Especially from a newbie like yourself! You're a joke!
:lol:

Back to the issue JK and willow
It's one man's opinion vs another's
And I believe Howard, I dont see why that is a problem?

andrew flap said:
millers, I think you miss the point.

Maybe the boat sank because of sabotage, maybe it didn't.

The point is that the Australian public were told that asylum seekers were maliciously chucking their kids in the water to force the navy to rescue them and there fore get onshore to make a refugee claim.

Yes, that is my recollection, Andrew. The spin by Reith and then Howard was to paint these people in as poor a light as possible. To pain them as villians, BAD people who shouldn't be allowed in Australia.

JK

millersnose said:
i would have thought that as a member of the labour party you would remember well andrew

or do you only remember liberal events?

I remember that.

I also remember John Fahey signed the M5 toll as Premier then campaigned against it to win Macarthur. Duplicitous stuff. (I also know I fill out a M5 cashback form these days but that is not the point is it?)

I also remember 'no GST'.

I also remember 'no sugar no deal' from both parties.

But which Politican then entrenched their lie and covered it up? Which politician refused to allow senior public servants to testify on their recollection of events? This refusal would have mean a legal challenge, one Senator Faulkner admits 'we would not have the resources to fight [against Government funded lawyers]'

Lies happen. We should be upfront in recognising them and make politicians of all sides hold to a higher ideal. These are in the public realm and the can be referred to.

A cover-up to win an election? An election won in the marginals of Parramatta, Richmond, etc where refugee scare campaigns were being waged??

If there is a cover-up the electorate should know and then they can come to their own conclusions about who to vote for rather than us saying 'the Australian public are comfortable with the immigration policy.' Let them decide.

JK

^ Pando said:
Jimbo said:
If he's talking about the dimwits that willingly risk their childrens' lives trying to jump the queue into Australia, I don't want them here either...

Me either. Child abuse at its worst.

Getting your kids to a better country where they can grow up in safety, have an education, have healthcare, have job prospects, have a civil society...etc.

Yeah - child abuse for sure :roll: