What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

Cocky Saints fans snare finals seats

COCKY, arrogant or just plain passionate? Amazingly, the Dragons' Red V Army has snapped up four times more grand final tickets than fans from rival clubs.

It is a defiant message from Saints supporters ... they want back-to-back titles. But they still can't kick their Canberra hoodoo, with the Raiders triumphing 24-19 last night.

As of last night, Dragons ticketed members had bought 34.3 per cent of grand final tickets.

The next best were Brisbane supporters, who had purchased 8.9 per cent of tickets for the October 2 decider.

Cronulla fans are least interested, with 1.5 per cent of tickets bought.

It is startling to think Saints fans are so much more bullish about their side's chances than other clubs.

"This shows how much Dragons fans love their club," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

Former Dragons premiership-winning captain Steve Edge believes the passion of Saints fans goes back to the club's famous 11 consecutive titles between 1956 and 1966.

"It's our culture," Edge said.

"It has been in place for many, many years, going back to the 11 in a row. It has been handed down from dad to son and it has kept going."

Asked if it is passion or cockiness, Edge said: "It is passion. The fans are still there when the side isn't winning. To have 34 per cent of tickets sold is amazing. Saints fans aren't afraid to support the team, under any circumstances."Former St George Illawarra centre Mark Coyne echoed Edge's opinion, saying there is again poised to be a sea of red and white at the grand final.

"It (the support) has put a bit of pressure on the players but it is fantastic encouragement," Coyne said. "It shows so much trust in the team to get there again. It is a great show of faith.

"Last year St George Illawarra were the standout side but Melbourne are back and Manly and Brisbane are hovering around. It will be a harder competition to win this year.

"No one has gone back-to-back in the NRL but there is always a first time. And plenty of clubs have won successive titles before the NRL."

Grand final tickets to the general public go on sale from 10am on Thursday.

"The numbers are a credit to everyone at the St George Illawarra club," Gallop said.

"The club has a rich history."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...are-finals-seats/story-e6frexnr-1226101651625

lol

dragondad

First Grade
How about we stop replying to this child so he can continue to wank himself off at pictures of Pearcy on his own. Thanks for posting my twitter name too mate, thanks for the publicity.

End thread.

Merge fans here's something to wank about. Soward last night at Jubille Ave Nightclub :lol:

sowarddance21.jpg

Fingerbang

Bench
Incidently.....the irony of a Rooster fan calling Dragons chokers is the fact that the Roosters have one of the worse winning percentages in all end of year finals games since they started playing league.

As for Murfaroo....he is insignificant anyway.

0.jpg

Jason Maher

Immortal

eagles4eva

First Grade
Lmao classic thread this, reigning premiers, coming third and still very much in contention to go back to back… And yes I hate St Merge too… But honesty what sort of deluded fool starts a thread like this???

Ulysseus

Bench
Lmao classic thread this, reigning premiers, coming third and still very much in contention to go back to back… And yes I hate St Merge too… But honesty what sort of deluded fool starts a thread like this???

a complete f**ktard who can get no joy from what his own team has accomplished this year.

jonno_knights

Juniors
i mentioned in the raiders forum how f*cked this is.

i simply cannot fathom just how f*cking bad we've been against them since '85.

i can't think of another match-up that is so one-sided.

Rabbitohs Vs. Anyone.

I know the knights are 15-2 against the rabbitohs at home. 24-7 overall. Take away the record at the CCoast in recent years its 23-4 overall.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Has it returned for the Dragons?

If the Dragons can be beaten by the Raiders then they will be demolished by the Storm in a couple of weeks time

The choke never left... Didn't you know the Dragons would never have won last year if Melbourne weren't caught cheating?

BunniesMen

Juniors
Souths will put 50 on them this weekend and this time on Sunday evening I will be saying LOL@50ints.

Inglis will fire up, Sandow will put in for the club he loves. We will absolutely kill them. Trust me guys, the choke has well and truly started. Souths for the 2012 premiership!

Latest posts