What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

_Johnsy

Referee
Wallace isn't 1/2 the footballer when locky is not standing next to him.

That's the thing about great players, they make others look good just by being beside them.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I think you guys are putting a lot of expectations on Corey Norman.

Surely you don't think the Broncos will be losing little by having Norman in the halves instead of Lockyer.

Wallace - Norman, Wallace - Hunt, Wallace - anyone who isn't Lockyer.....smells weak to me.

To all the above.......of course not having Lockyer is going to hurt.

I'm not even saying that 2012 will be a successful year for Brisbane, however the talent coming through........albeit in small glimpses at the moment, makes me fairly confident that the Broncos will continue to play well and a premiership post Darren Lockyer is not that far out of reach in the not too distant future.

As for the halves pairing next year. I'm guessing Griffin is going to start the year off with perhaps Peter Wallace in the 6 and Ben Hunt in the 7. Corey Norman may come into the mix as well, depending on how that combo goes

Wallace and Hunt aren't that exciting tbh.......Wallace on his own merits, I'm not a huge fan........likewise Hunt.

I do however think they have enough of what it takes to provide some kind of foundation in attack. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2013-14 we may lure a big name half to the club.

Exciting times ahead for Brisbane.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
To all the above.......of course not having Lockyer is going to hurt.

I'm not even saying that 2012 will be a successful year for Brisbane, however the talent coming through........albeit in small glimpses at the moment, makes me fairly confident that the Broncos will continue to play well and a premiership post Darren Lockyer is not that far out of reach in the not too distant future.

As for the halves pairing next year. I'm guessing Griffin is going to start the year off with perhaps Peter Wallace in the 6 and Ben Hunt in the 7. Corey Norman may come into the mix as well, depending on how that combo goes

Wallace and Hunt aren't that exciting tbh.......Wallace on his own merits, I'm not a huge fan........likewise Hunt.

I do however think they have enough of what it takes to provide some kind of foundation in attack. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2013-14 we may lure a big name half to the club.

Exciting times ahead for Brisbane.

Your best asset is Hook Griffin.

The rest you say, just about every club with $$$$$ and juniors could say the same thing. Canberra's juniors are, by simple results, better than yours Fourex.

Of course, its The Broncos, being spoken about by a Queenslander, so its gospel.

Good for you.

Last edited:

Sleep

Juniors
I'm a fan of Wallace. He's by and far the best defensive half in the comp and is tough as nails.

I remember in City/Country two years back he killed it. He's played pretty well for the Broncos this year too.

He's not a superstar but he's a pretty solid half and better than some of the crap other teams have in at seven.

His one draw back is he isn't the most creative half but he can take the line on and has a pretty good kicking game.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm a fan of Wallace. He's by and far the best defensive half in the comp and is tough as nails.

I remember in City/Country two years back he killed it. He's played pretty well for the Broncos this year too.

He's not a superstar but he's a pretty solid half and better than some of the crap other teams have in at seven.

His one draw back is he isn't the most creative half but he can take the line on and has a pretty good kicking game.

He's a handy player. I agree. Never minded him.

Look what happened in 09 after he broke his ankle in the last few minutes of the semi up there. Broncs got lapped a week later without him.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Your best asset is Hook Griffin.

The rest you say, just about every club with $$$$$ and juniors could say the same thing. Canberra's juniors are, by simple results, better than yours Fourex.

Of course, its The Broncos, being spoken about by a Queenslander, so its gospel.

Good for you.

Everything a queenslander says is gospel mr knobbs.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Everything a queenslander says os gospel mr knobbs.

Os that a fact? Os amazing how many things you learn everyday. Osn't it?

All I know about Queensland os that they produced Wayne Swan and Kevin Dudd, who eats his own ear wax and cries in public.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Fingerbang

Bench
All I know about Queensland os that they produced Wayne Swan and Kevin Dudd, who eats his own ear wax and cries in public.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's obvious Ruddy hasn't yet reached the status of true legendary Queenslander....still yet to piss on his seat at Suncorp Stadium.

:lol:

big country

Juniors
can someone please ableing to letting me know when next time is that dragon will play at hokey pokey okey chokey stadium :cool:

Rodent

Bench
Surely if the rampant Storm don't win the comp this year it'll be a choke. Runaway minor premiers, won 12 in a row etc. What if they lose when it really counts? Choke?

Mr Fourex

Bench
2/11........

polevault.gif

HowHigh

Coach
Surely if the rampant Storm don't win the comp this year it'll be a choke. Runaway minor premiers, won 12 in a row etc. What if they lose when it really counts? Choke?
No, it will just be bad luck.
It's only a choke if the Dragons are involved.

Latest posts