What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

Ozzy

First Grade
Gotta get me one of those crystal balls you guys have.....:roll:

20 - 50 years, huh? Surely if you know this for certain, instead of just wanting it to be true, a more accurate prediction rather than a 30 year span would be possible.

And the irony.....this coming from a guy whose team is currently 40 years without a premiership.....:lol:
Really? One good kick and you become an Eunuch.

Evenflow

Bench
thanks for that, but shame they're in parramatta & not kogarah..

and? I take it you're not familiar with the whole ebay procedure but basically you pay money for the goods and the goods will be sent to you. That being the case it's pretty much irrelevant if they're in Parramatta or Kogarah.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
and? I take it you're not familiar with the whole ebay procedure but basically you pay money for the goods and the goods will be sent to you. That being the case it's pretty much irrelevant if they're in Parramatta or Kogarah.

oh dear..

the initial post of mine was in response to someone making a joke that there would be a whole heap of grand final tickets on ebay from the kogarah region..

which means that their joke was that the dragons fans had abandoned their team...

however, i'm happy to play along and say that maybe those tickets are from a dragons fan in parramatta if that helps?

thommo4pm

Coach
If it makes you feel better Thommo, feel free to watch both of those 2 wins again. After 4 straight losses, I doubt your mob can remember what a win feels like!

That's ok, that win satisfied me greatly, as does watching the 2010 Grand Final over and over again.

thommo4pm

Coach
O its a choke for sure.

Wouldn't you call your entire season a choke, and your performance in last years Finals series?
Finishing 2nd last year and out in 2 weeks, followed by not even making the 8 this year.

Major choke right there.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Wouldn't you call your entire season a choke, and your performance in last years Finals series?
Finishing 2nd last year and out in 2 weeks, followed by not even making the 8 this year.

Major choke right there.

Mate, choking only comes with expectation.

There's no such thing at Penrith.

Fibroman

First Grade
As soon as Manly choke in the semis, all my dreams will have come true.........

Roosters going like busteds
Stains taken the gas
Manly putting on the 13 turn windsor knot

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Stains taken the gas

You forgot having the great Purtell on the books and Jenko turnng up to training pissed.

You are having a dream season.

MSIH

Bench

Stains taken the gas

:lol: A dream season involves your own side not even making the 8?

Haha, you poor sack of shit.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I think the reason merge fans are so jumpy is because they can see the very real possibility that they are gonna have another 30 year wait in front of them. Many fans will only get one premiership in their lifetime. Christ that's all Stain fans deserve anyway.

Fingerbang

Bench
Yet another non merge fan totally confused. Ummmm, when did merge fans wait 30 years for a premiership before if the club has only been around since 1999?

And yet another with one of those wishful thinking crystal balls.....:roll:

Fingerbang

Bench
Many fans will only get one premiership in their lifetime. Christ that's all Stain fans deserve anyway.
Depends how old you are. My team has won 12 grand finals in my lifetime, so far.....and no one can ever take that away from me.

Cheers

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Yet another non merge fan totally confused. Ummmm, when did merge fans wait 30 years for a premiership before if the club has only been around since 1999?

And yet another with one of those wishful thinking crystal balls.....:roll:

If you have balls be careful you don't crush them while your feet are either side of that fence.

Fingerbang

Bench
If you have balls be careful you don't crush them while your feet are either side of that fence.
What fence? I am one fan who waited 30 years to see my team win another grand final. Hence why my tally is 16 instead of 1. You are more than likely one of the sheep who have been bleating about only being 1 premiership, but now you using the 30 year wait jibe as well. Can't have it both ways, Princess.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
What fence? I am one fan who waited 30 years to see my team win another grand final. Hence why my tally is 16 instead of 1. You are more than likely one of the sheep who have been bleating about only being 1 premiership, but now you using the 30 year wait jibe as well. Can't have it both ways, Princess.

Do ya reckon you could contradict yourself anymore you stupid pleb?
Go back and read what you have posted, NOW!
Then take your medication, watch a bit of Dr Phil and have a lay down.

Fingerbang

Bench
Do ya reckon you could contradict yourself anymore you stupid pleb?
Go back and read what you have posted, NOW!
Then take your medication, watch a bit of Dr Phil and have a lay down.
Makes perfect sense to me. Dragons fan who saw my team win a grand final in 1979, and then again in 2010.....31 years in between. I don't dispute that. But, if I were to see Dragons as a different team since 1999.....I agree it is 1 premiership in 11 years, and hence impossible to have been a 30 year wait for a premiership.

Is that easier for you to understand, Princess?

bottle

Coach
Makes perfect sense to me. Dragons fan who saw my team win a grand final in 1979, and then again in 2010.....31 years in between. I don't dispute that. But, if I were to see Dragons as a different team since 1999.....I agree it is 1 premiership in 11 years, and hence impossible to have been a 30 year wait for a premiership.

Is that easier for you to understand, Princess?

Poor little Chumpy has got herself that confused she doesn't know which insult to use in which thread, hence reverts to personal attack. Like many of the haters she flips and flops between approaches depending on what best suits her agenda at the time. She doesn't even believe most of it herself, it's just good sport.

Like you Bang there have been multiple Premierships in my lifetime, and I've witnessed three of them with my own eyes. Added to that many other GF appearances, not to mention consistent semis showings. I'm more than happy with my lot, there'd be plenty of fans who'd be happy to die with a resume like that.

We're a select bunch who've had the opportunity to see multi Premiership wins for our teams. Doggies and Eels fans who were around in the 80's, Bronc's fans from 92 onwards, older Saints, Manly and Easts fans. Oh, and geriatric Souths fans (though dementia might have robbed them of the memory). We've all had the pleasure, and what fun it was.

I don't plan on going anywhere for now, so I hope there are more to come.

Latest posts