What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finally got around to watching suicide Squad, it wasn't bad the thing is is should of been much better. Still I enjoyed it better than Bat vs Supes.

maccattack

Juniors
I think that is a lot of denial going on in here. A lot of people in here lying to themselves. Talking up SS, saying that it is better than what it was.

It was garbage, rushed, plot was terrible, etc

Well anyone I've spoken to . Like in a real (non internet) face to face conversation has either really liked or loved it.

Not everyone s in with the marvel v dc crap or reads reviews. Casual viewers seem to really dig this movie.

mongoose

Coach
Well anyone I've spoken to . Like in a real (non internet) face to face conversation has either really liked or loved it.

Not everyone s in with the marvel v dc crap or reads reviews. Casual viewers seem to really dig this movie.
A lot of casual movie goers liked the Transformers sequels too...

bileduct

Coach
Lots of people liked Captain America: Civil War despite it's ridiculous plot and most pointless fight scene of all time.

shiznit

Coach
Wow... Everyone I know to a man thinks Civil War was a long, long way better than BvS and SS...

it had its faults... But at least they didn't end the big fight because they're mothers had the same name... FFS...

shiznit

Coach
Marvel just dropped that little mini-movie Taika made for comic con explaining what Thor was doing during Civil War....

It's typical Taika... Lol

But In all seriousness... I really struggle to see how his quirky style is going to fit...

bileduct

Coach
Wow... Everyone I know to a man thinks Civil War was a long, long way better than BvS and SS...
Well people I know think the ultimate cut of BvS is superior to Civil War. I agree with them.

it had its faults... But at least they didn't end the big fight because they're mothers had the same name... FFS...
No, they ended the big fight because they realised someone might get hurt.

elyod138

Bench
Marvel just dropped that little mini-movie Taika made for comic con explaining what Thor was doing during Civil War....

It's typical Taika... Lol

But In all seriousness... I really struggle to see how his quirky style is going to fit...
Have you seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople? He proved he could handle a wide range of tones and action with that movie, it's also much grander in scope than his other films. I think he'll nail it.

shiznit

Coach
Well people I know think the ultimate cut of BvS is superior to Civil War. I agree with them.

No, they ended the big fight because they realised someone might get hurt.

Sorry pal... You've just shown yourself to be a DC fanboy... And the people you know are f**king geniused... Lol...

That might sound harsh... But that's mainly because your flat out bullshitting... You don't know anyone that prefers that trainwreck of a movie to civil war... That's what you call brand loyalty before common sense... That's f**king ridiculous...

No doubt you were probably one of those idiots who petitioned to shut down rotten tomatoes... Lol

And the Dark Knight Trilogy is by far is my favourite superhero series... So I certainly don't have a Marvel bias...

bileduct

Coach
LOL!

Why are you getting so upset that there are people out there who prefer BvS to Civil War?

You seem a bit unhinged mate.

bileduct

Coach
I must also be the only DC fanboy that didn't collect DC comics and didn't bother watching the third Batman film, Superman Returns or, until very recently, Man of Steel.

shiznit

Coach
LOL!

Why are you getting so upset that there are people out there who prefer BvS to Civil War?

You seem a bit unhinged mate.
Nothing unhinged at all... i just find brand loyalty before common sense beyond stupid...

I get that Civil War had issues... But my god... BvS had the type of issues that almost made you cry...

They turned what could have been a great movie into something almost unwatchable...

Atleast you could watch Civil War... It had a plot... I didn't quite get the villain... But with the big twist all made sense in the end...

BvS was just crazyness... It was all over the shop...

Looking at both movies objectively I just don't know how anyone with common sense would consider BvS better than Civil War...

bileduct

Coach
You keep accusing me of brand loyalty but provide no proof whatsoever.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've always been an X-Men fan which puts me in the Marvel camp, yeah? When it comes to whatever MCU, Sony or DC is up to I am completely neutral and make up my mind based on how engaged I was during the film.

Civil War was boring as shit and with a completely pointless fight that would have been forgettable if it wasn't the entire centrepiece of the whole movie. The fight in BvS at least made sense which makes it the superior film.

Perhaps you don't know why other people would consider BvS to be a better movie because you're a delicate snowflake that isn't used to people holding opinions that conflict with your own.

As for lying about other people preferring BvS over Civil War, I'll give Chook a call in the morning and see if he'd like to make an addition to this thread. Oh, and you can look at the Wonder Woman thread he created here if you think he's a DC fanboy.

shiznit

Coach
You keep accusing me of brand loyalty but provide no proof whatsoever.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've always been an X-Men fan which puts me in the Marvel camp, yeah? When it comes to whatever MCU, Sony or DC is up to I am completely neutral and make up my mind based on how engaged I was during the film.

Civil War was boring as shit and with a completely pointless fight that would have been forgettable if it wasn't the entire centrepiece of the whole movie. The fight in BvS at least made sense which makes it the superior film.

Perhaps you don't know why other people would consider BvS to be a better movie because you're a delicate snowflake that isn't used to people holding opinions that conflict with your own.

As for lying about other people preferring BvS over Civil War, I'll give Chook a call in the morning and see if he'd like to make an addition to this thread. Oh, and you can look at the Wonder Woman thread he created here if you think he's a DC fanboy.

Ohhhh I get it now...

So it's not DC your a fanboy of... You just hate the MCU because you like the Fox films... Lol

I can see that debating this with you is pointless...

Good for you and your imaginary friends if you can get real enjoyment out of that abomination of a film...

good for you pal....

shiznit

Coach
Have you seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople? He proved he could handle a wide range of tones and action with that movie, it's also much grander in scope than his other films. I think he'll nail it.
Yeah I really enjoyed Wilderpeople...

I just have doubts over his ability to keep a consistently dark tone...

I would much rather see him do Guardians of the Galaxy.

That would have suited him more...

bileduct

Coach
Ohhhh I get it now...

So it's not DC your a fanboy of... You just hate the MCU because you like the Fox films... Lol

I can see that debating this with you is pointless...

Good for you and your imaginary friends if you can get real enjoyment out of that abomination of a film...

good for you pal....
... and you said you weren't butthurt. LOL!

So I hate the MCU and yet Guardians of the Galaxy is probably my favourite comic book adaption so far... Your statements make so much sense.

This hasn't been a debate. I expressed my opinion and you lost your shit because you're oh so very precious.

bileduct

Coach
Debating, shiznit style....

You're a DC fanboy

People you know are f**king geniused... Lol...

Your [sic] flat out bullshitting...

You don't know anyone that prefers that trainwreck of a movie

That's f**king ridiculous...

You're one of those idiots who petitioned to shut down rotten tomatoes

Oh wait, you're a Fox fanboy.
Hilarious :)

I hear Luvox is pretty good at dealing with your issues.

Edit: I gave you a bit too much credit there by putting the word "you're" into your responses when it's painfully apparent that you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're."

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
... and you said you weren't butthurt. LOL!

So I hate the MCU and yet Guardians of the Galaxy is probably my favourite comic book adaption so far... Your statements make so much sense.

This hasn't been a debate. I expressed my opinion and you lost your shit because you're oh so very precious.

Good for you buddy... I'm glad you enjoyed yourself...

shiznit

Coach
Debating, shiznit style....

Hilarious :)

I hear Luvox is pretty good at dealing with your issues.

Edit: I gave you a bit too much credit there by putting the word "you're" into your responses when it's painfully apparent that you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're."

Lol... Good for you my man... I'm glad you got your money's worth and enjoyed it...

At the end of the day that's what it's all about...

Chook

First Grade
Shiznit, Civil War was no war, it was a hyped up disagreement between Captain America and Ironman. And that plot was geniused. The biggest private capitalist on the planet, Tony Stark, suddenly agrees to government oversight while the life long solider, Captain America, refuses point blank to follow orders? That is backwards bullshit of the highest order.

And that Airport fight scene where they weren't using their powers and as Red Witch pointed out, were actively pulling their punches, was stupid, even the movie characters were acting. The big fight scene was watching actors play characters that were acting. Only a moron would enjoy that rubbish.

Marvel is for 10 year olds where there is no blood, no intent and story lines that make no sense.

The extended version of BvS is a far superior movie to most of the rubbish Marvel has pumped out.

Chook.

Latest posts