What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Last Week

Bench
Whilst the topic is on BvS, I'm of the opinion that the movie didn't need to happen. Follow Marvels formula and do a bunch of stand alones.

Man of Steel but better(more true to the character. Make Superman likeable!), Wonder Woman(Origin story), Batman(Arkham Asylum!), Flash(Origin story), Aquaman (Origin story. Can be done), etc etc. Bring them together for the JL(main villain? League of Shadows and Ra's Al Ghul with the Tower of Babel storyline).

A second Man of Steel, kill him off here (Lex wins?!!), another Batman movie (Red Hood) a Wonder Woman/Aquaman joint movie (Atlantis and Themyscira in a cold war, threatening to boil over?). Another Suicide Squad (brought back together because the JL has seemingly ended after a cold war, dead Supes and Batman feeling like a failure from Jason Todd)(Main villain for JL? Superman. Darkseid revives Supes as evil and the JL unite to defeat/save him. Have Supes kill Lois!)

Green Lantern. Have a cameo of Darkseid in this. Another Flash movie, Flashpoint paradox! Now do Batman vs Superman (Lois is dead, Clark has changed, Batman is different after Jason Todds return, they but heads. Tease the Injustice story arc)

Third JL movie, GL comes to Earth, Darkseid follows and brings destruction. Barry Allen dies?!!

There's so much good stories for DC to do, and I honestly think that DCEU I just came up with then is better than what they've got going right now.

Last Week

Bench
But if they did all that they wouldn't have been able to rush out a trainwreck in hopes of competing with Marvel.

Which is a typical Warner Bros thing to do.

Honestly, I wish they started all of this with the Brandon Routh Superman Returns. I liked him as Superman. People thought it was boring? Well guess what, because of you people, WB went to the other extreme and gave you Man of Steel. Enjoy.

hrundi99

First Grade
Suicide Squad was a bit of a mess. Some of the plot stuff needed more explaining.

There was good stuff in there, it was just messy. If they'd gone full "genius" and made it an absolute trip then it would have worked better, but they kind of half did it as it needed to fit in to the other films.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Which is a typical Warner Bros thing to do.

Honestly, I wish they started all of this with the Brandon Routh Superman Returns. I liked him as Superman. People thought it was boring? Well guess what, because of you people, WB went to the other extreme and gave you Man of Steel. Enjoy.
I thought MOS was a tonne better than Returns

Cavill is also 100x the Superman that Routh was. Routh has found his calling as Ray Palmer though

Iafeta

Referee
Suicide Squad I thought was good. Will Smith is a seasoned campaigner, played his role well. Have always loved Harley Quinn since the Arkham series on Xbox, and I thought she was played very well. Totally insane.

Enjoyable flick.

bileduct

Coach
Finally saw Suicide Squad. It's not perfect by any means but still enjoyable. I'm not sure what it's done to deserve all the hate from reviewers.

I also think Jared Leto should probably watch the movie before complaining about his time in it. His time in the movie isn't as short as people make it out to be, and he keeps popping up all the way through.

azzah72

Bench
I checked SS out again because a mate hadn't seen it and I am not the type to spoil things so I went.

I actually found little things here and there the second time that I liked and made me like the movie more again.

On the flip side, the finale comes across a bit weaker again the second time around as well.

Still a solid 3.5/5 though

Last Week

Bench
I thought MOS was a tonne better than Returns

Cavill is also 100x the Superman that Routh was. Routh has found his calling as Ray Palmer though

I don't see how Cavill is any way better than Routh.

Superman doesn't need to be muscular and physically imposing. He's gentle and awkward.

Routh was perfect to replace Christopher Reeves.

Most importantly, Cavill is an awful Clark Kent who is massively important to the Superman character.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Don't agree. Superman, least in the comics, is very physically imposing. The Reeves movies bucked the trend more than anything

Rouths Kent was awful. Literally zero personality. Cavill at least comes across as an everyman and not the bumbling joke Reeves portrayal was. I hated that goofball take on Clark Kent

Game_Breaker

Coach
Superman is meant to be physically imposing and Clark isn't meant to be the bumbling fool that Reeves portrayed him to be

The problem is more to do with Snyder. He has great ideas but just can't execute them properly. He bites off more than he can chew

McNulty

Juniors
I think that is a lot of denial going on in here. A lot of people in here lying to themselves. Talking up SS, saying that it is better than what it was.

It was garbage, rushed, plot was terrible, etc

Game_Breaker

Coach
I think that is a lot of denial going on in here. A lot of people in here lying to themselves. Talking up SS, saying that it is better than what it was.

I think most are comparing it to the reviews it got.
It could've been a lot better, no doubt but certainly not as bad as what the critics say

bileduct

Coach

You're lying to yourself if you really think people in here aren't being honest about their opinions of Suicide Squad.

mongoose

Coach
I think most are comparing it to the reviews it got.
It could've been a lot better, no doubt but certainly not as bad as what the critics say

The critics have probably been harsh as they are comparing these new DC films to the current batch of Marvel films which are much more developed in their character interactions and chemistry. I mean Avengers 2 and Civil War weren't mind blowing but the dialogue between the characters was very clever and engaging, something Suicide Squad just didn't have (just about every good line came from Harley Quinn) but DC can develop it in future films as long as they stick with the right characters and actors.

Latest posts