What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Zoidberg

First Grade
I can’t predict if I will need a leak or not. I can have one just before a movie then need one during it still, other times I won’t have one for hours beforehand and get through it fine. I actually like the idea of an intermission the more I think about it...won’t happen though

bileduct

Coach
There already was an intermission.

An entire year.

Three hours doesn't really demand an intermission. Pulp Fiction, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Green Mile, all the Bored of the Rings movies, etc. were the same length.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
All movies are 2+ hours these days. f**king Trainwreck ran for 130 mins.

180 mins is not that big a deal in 2019 terms.

Game_Breaker

Coach
There already was an intermission.

An entire year.

Three hours doesn't really demand an intermission. Pulp Fiction, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Green Mile, all the Bored of the Rings movies, etc. were the same length.

None of those movies are considered family movies where you'll take children to

I don't mind, but when you take into account the trailers you're looking at 3.5 hours. All it will take is for a few people to complain and the internet will make it look like the world is ending and all of a sudden Disney has a PR problem
Maybe they won't buckle under the pressure this time

Matua

Bench
You’d live. I’m old enough to remember when pretty much all movies had an intermission, plus a cartoon or short that would run before the main feature. Those were the days!
I was always disappointed when Store Wars wasn't the short before the film.

I always pee right before the movie starts these days for two reasons, one obviously is because I need to pee, and two so that I miss the previews/trailers.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Man some of you guys have slack bladders or at least jobs where you can just get up and piss whenever without it being inconvenient, I’m used to be able to hold on for 2-3 hours without it bothering provided I’ve drained the vein in preparation, as machine operator that’s kinda normal so I don’t have to interrupt operations between breaks.

You’d live. I’m old enough to remember when pretty much all movies had an intermission, plus a cartoon or short that would run before the main feature. Those were the days!

Heck some older movies (e.g. Lawrence of Arabia and Ben-Hur) when they were released on video cassette still had the break for intermission included in the footage on the tape.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Heck some older movies (e.g. Lawrence of Arabia and Ben-Hur) when they were released on video cassette still had the break for intermission included in the footage on the tape.

I bought a copy of Ben Hur on DVD and it had an intermission

Does that mean the studio controls the intermission and forms part of the movie or the cinema? I got no idea how it works

thorson1987

Coach
Man some of you guys have slack bladders or at least jobs where you can just get up and piss whenever without it being inconvenient, I’m used to be able to hold on for 2-3 hours without it bothering provided I’ve drained the vein in preparation, as machine operator that’s kinda normal so I don’t have to interrupt operations between breaks.

I'm a truck driver. Not the best job for a convenient piss.

Springs09

Juniors
I bought a copy of Ben Hur on DVD and it had an intermission

Does that mean the studio controls the intermission and forms part of the movie or the cinema? I got no idea how it works

It would have been the studio back then as intermissions were pretty much mandatory for movies of that length.

Now it’s the cinema. Our local cinema put a poll on Facebook asking if we’d like an intermission for Avengers. I think Lord of the Rings was the last movie I saw with one.