What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Intermissions were necessary before cinemas went digital because the projectionist has the change the reels over halfway through, most movies were too long for a single reel.

bileduct

Coach
Intermissions were necessary before cinemas went digital because the projectionist has the change the reels over halfway through, most movies were too long for a single reel.
Reel changing without interrupting the movie was a thing long before digital projection, as were dual projectors and all reels spliced onto a single platter. Reels were also around 20 minutes long each.

Matua

Bench
consiering ill be watching this at gold class whilst consuming alcoholic beverages i am all for intermission. Or ill just piss myself and leave my pants in the cinema
I don't get the combo of getting on the piss and watching a movie. I don't want to be sleepy when watching a movie.

Also, I'm going to Gold Class for this, free ticket, but I'm not actually a fan of Gold Class, staff walking around delivering food and then people eating it and banging their trays and shit just pisses me off. I prefer VMax.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Also, I'm going to Gold Class for this, free ticket, but I'm not actually a fan of Gold Class, staff walking around delivering food and then people eating it and banging their trays and shit just pisses me off. I prefer VMax.
Totally agree with the staff walking around delivering food. I remember watching Force Awakens and during the Solo Kylo stand off at the end, they came and took our drink glasses away, like, f**k off and let me watch, I’ll bring my shit to you afterwards if need be.

jargan83

Coach
I did Gold Class once and wasn't a big fan for the reasons above. Found the wait staff very distracting wandering in and out.

The closest cinema complex to me is a Hoyts and they just did a huge redevelopment and reclining seats are in all theatres as are the little arm tray tables for drinks, snacks etc. It's also great because I don't have to share the arm rest with some random.

Had to book tickets for Endgame on Anzac Day as all the sessions after work on Wednesday had sold out or only had shit seats down the front of the cinema by 10:15pm on Tuesday night. Apparently they had only been on sale for an hour or so by that time.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Very different for a “comic book movie”. I’m keen to see how it turns out, but I can see a lot of poor reactions due to it being not what people expect.

Parra Pride

Referee
Trailer for Joker released today

Some are calling Phoenix better than ledger. Too early to tell. One things for certain is he's a million miles better than Leto

Only thing I can tell from this is that the laugh is pretty on point. That’s a good start.

Frederick

Staff member
Very different for a “comic book movie”. I’m keen to see how it turns out, but I can see a lot of poor reactions due to it being not what people expect.
Lots of comparisons to Scorcese's early movies. Going to be a very character driven film with next to no CGI