What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
That’s not entirely true there was a little Movie that come out in the in the late 70s called Superman the Movie and it’s sequel Superman 2 those 2 movies set the agenda of comic book movies yet to come cause in 1989 a little known director known as Tim Burton released Batman a box office smash still considered one of the best comic book movie...DC where and still are a big player in comic book cinema what movie from Marvel in the 70s and 80s can you remember????
So are you suggesting that DC films from the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s make them a player in the current comic book movie scene??

I think Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy are probably the biggest argument for DC comic films...

Game_Breaker

Coach
The main problem with the DC films being almost always inferior to the Marvel films is mainly due to the source material.

Apart from Spiderman, DC do have the more popular characters

Avengers wasn't even that popular as a comic when compared to JL

Springs09

Juniors
Except that on all platforms other than cinema, DC out performs Marvel.

And Marvel has only dominated cinema recently. Superman and Batman rules comic book movies until The Avengers.

DC also has much better source material. Most of the greatest comics have been either DC or DC’s Vertigo.

bileduct

Coach
That’s not entirely true there was a little Movie that come out in the in the late 70s called Superman the Movie and it’s sequel Superman 2 those 2 movies set the agenda of comic book movies yet to come cause in 1989 a little known director known as Tim Burton released Batman a box office smash still considered one of the best comic book movie...DC where and still are a big player in comic book cinema what movie from Marvel in the 70s and 80s can you remember????
Well there was The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren. That was memorable for being hilariously bad.

Oh, and Howard the Duck. Also hilariously bad.

Thankfully Fox came along, saved Marvel from financial peril, and set the foundations for everything happening today.

bileduct

Coach
Ahhh. I didn't realise. Had heard they were winding it back a bit but obviously I'm wrong.
You may have heard that some of the actors like Chris Evans and RDJ are coming off contract and won't be coming back for anything other than a cameo or guest role.

Disney's acquisition of Fox will result in the MCU expanding into the more popular comic book material like X-Men and offshoots like X-Force, Weapon X, New Mutants, etc.. There's also the whole cosmic side of the MCU which aligns nicely with Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and the Phoenix Force. I would expect that Galactus will be the next Thanos level bad guy.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on watching it on IMAX??

Apparently IW was the first film ever to be filmed entirely in IMAX... endgame has too...

I’ve never seen an IMAX film before but was considering going to watch this one in IMAX.

I saw JJ Abrams first Star Trek movie at an IMAX cinema. The view on the whole is good, but if you have any type of condition which might trigger a seizure, I'd avoid it as the visual effects can be almost overwhelming. Also as the screen is slightly curved, you want to ensure you are sitting as close to the centre of the cinema as possible. Otherwise it looks a touch slanted.

shiznit

Coach
Apparently there’s been a massive endgame leak related to one of the toys...

I haven’t seen what it is... but I came across people tweeting about it and they were pissed off... so be careful... :joy::joy:

bileduct

Coach
Apparently there’s been a massive endgame leak related to one of the toys...

I haven’t seen what it is... but I came across people tweeting about it and they were pissed off... so be careful... :joy::joy:
Looks more like deliberate clickbait bullshit to me.

Having seen what this supposed "leak" is I can confirm it spoils absolutely nothing about the film.

Frederick

Staff member
This is the biggest and most important movie in the history of the MCU - every single piece of marketing will have been thoroughly planned to avoid major spoilers