What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

bileduct

Coach
This doesn't actually give away any details from the film, but I'm gonna put spoiler tags around it anyway...

The synopsis of Endgame that was dropped on 4chan almost a year ago is 100% legit.

shiznit

Coach
A word of warning.... STAY THE f**k OFF TWITTER...

Shits trending that could be a big spoiler...

The top trend was #DontSpoilTheEndgame

shiznit

Coach
With Endgame under a week away now... I was thinking a cool little thing to reflect on...

Name the following from the MCU...

Favourite Film:

Least Favourite Film:

Favourite Hero:

Favourite Villain:

Biggest Disappointment:

Best Fight Scene:

Funniest Moment:

Saddest Moment:

Most Mind Blowing Moment:

Most Badass Moment:

Biggest Shock/Twist:

Favourite MCU Director:

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’d Like To See In The MCU In The Future:

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I’ll go first...

Favourite Film: Black Panther

Least Favourite Film: Iron Man 3

Favourite Hero: Rocket Raccoon

Favourite Villain: Killmonger

Biggest Disappointment: The Mandarin

Best Fight Scene: The Airport Scene In Civil War

Funniest Moment: ‘Puny God’ from the original Avengers

Saddest Moment: Yondu passing on Guardians Vol. 2

Most Mind Blowing Moment: Multiverse Intro Scene In Dr Strange

Most Badass Moment: two moments from the same film... from Winter Soldier... the scene where cap jumps out of the plane without a parachute... and the elevator scene where he f**ks up like 10 dudes in a small space....

Biggest Shock/Twist: Winter Soldier again... the Hydra/Shield conspiracy and Bucky’s reveal.

Favourite MCU Director: The Russo’s.

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’d Like To See In The MCU In The Future: Dr Von Doom

Zoidberg

First Grade
Favourite Film: Infinity War

Least Favourite Film: iron Man 3

Favourite Hero: Cap

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Biggest Disappointment: Mandarin

Best Fight Scene: Avengers battle of New York

Funniest Moment: Meeting Korg

Saddest Moment: Wanda killing Vision

Most Mind Blowing Moment: The snap

Most Badass Moment: Thor entrance to Wakanda

Biggest Shock/Twist: “I am Iron Man”

Favourite MCU Director: Russo Bros.

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’dLike To See In The MCU In The Future: X-men

Last Week

Bench
Name the following from the MCU...

Favourite Film: Infinity War

Least Favourite Film: The Hulk (closely followed by Spiderman and Black Panther)

Favourite Hero: Captain America

Biggest Disappointment: The lack of consequences in these movies. But if I had to pick a particular moment, the amount of jokes in Ragnarok. Like his planet just blew up! Make it mean something!

Best Fight Scene:

Funniest Moment:

Saddest Moment:

Most Mind Blowing Moment:
Red Skull on Vormir.

Most Badass Moment:

Biggest Shock/Twist:

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’d Like To See In The MCU In The Future: Don't care.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Hmmm, this is quite a hard task, so many films to think back to:

Favourite Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Least Favourite Film: Thor 2, Thor 1, The Hulk, and/or Iron Man 3

Favourite Hero: Captain America

Biggest Disappointment: Not having a Black Widow movie yet

Best Fight Scene: Elevator fight in The Winter Soldier

Funniest Moment: Any scene with Korg

Saddest Moment: Spider-man as he's vanishing

Most Mind Blowing Moment: The Snap

Most Badass Moment: Killmonger killing Klau

Biggest Shock/Twist: Hydra reveal

Favourite MCU Director: Russo's

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’d Like To See In The MCU In The Future: I wouldn't mind seeing Caulson back and Skye/Daisy/Quake

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’dLike To See In The MCU In The Future: X-men
I never want to see the X universe and MCU combined. It will be way too busy and then we'll be wondering where all the X Men were when all the MCU stuff was going down.

Frederick

Staff member
I never want to see the X universe and MCU combined. It will be way too busy and then we'll be wondering where all the X Men were when all the MCU stuff was going down.
It's inevitable that it will happen, and I have no doubt that Feige will find the most organic way of introducing them into the MCU

bileduct

Coach
Well the MCU is going to need the X-Men after Endgame.

Not much A grade material left after a bunch of the most popular actors don't have roles to come back to...

bileduct

Coach
Favourite Film: Howard the Duck

Least Favourite Film: Black Panther

Favourite Hero: Goose

Favourite Villain: Brie Larson

Biggest Disappointment: Disney

Best Fight Scene: Behind the scenes when James Gunn got fired

Funniest Moment: Some little dipshit spilling his coke all over himself a few seats away

Saddest Moment: Realising I paid money to see some of these films

Most Mind Blowing Moment: Seeing dreck like Captain Marvel making $1B worldwide

Most Badass Moment: Mike Cernovich getting James Gunn fired

Biggest Shock/Twist: Ant-Man getting a sequel

Favourite MCU Director: Jon Favreau

Most Eagerly Anticipated Character You’d Like To See In The MCU In The Future: Batman

Zoidberg

First Grade

I don’t really know comics so that’s why I went for x-men, don’t know who else to choose apart from Fantastic 4.
However I am a fan of FoX-men so I’m a bit wary of them rebooting at Marvel but also can’t wait to see what they do with it.
Ideally, I’d like the introduction of the x-men to be a “connected in the same universe but not really teaming up” with the current crop.

Springs09

Juniors
Well the MCU is going to need the X-Men after Endgame.

Not much A grade material left after a bunch of the most popular actors don't have roles to come back to...

More like the most popular roles won’t have actors to fill them.

Spider-Man and Black Panther to lead the MCU after Endgame?

If X-Men come in would you rather another new cast or the fox cast?

Reboots are annoying but having a young Professor X and Magneto in the present day would be jarring.

bileduct

Coach
More like the most popular roles won’t have actors to fill them.

Spider-Man and Black Panther to lead the MCU after Endgame?

If X-Men come in would you rather another new cast or the fox cast?

Reboots are annoying but having a young Professor X and Magneto in the present day would be jarring.
As a reader of comics, to me the Avengers was always about Captain America, Iron Man and Thor who were all able to carry their own individual comic book lines at the same time. Of course there were plenty of other characters that came and went, but they were mostly second tier. I don't really have any interest in seeing a new team led by Captain Marvel which is where it seems to be heading, just as I'm not interested in seeing existing roles played by other actors or gender swapped.

Spider-Man has been rebooted a few times already, so I can't see why Disney wouldn't reboot X-Men again with a new cast. I imagine Ryan Reynolds will be kept on as Deadpool as I can't see anyone else in that role.

I honestly have no f**king idea how they'd do it. I lost interest in the Spider-Man films and I imagine I'll probably feel the same way about Disney X-Men movies. Disney will never deliver quality like Deadpool and Logan. What made the adaptation to film exciting for me was that the films were largely being made for mature audiences like the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy was. I don't really care much for this shit produced for kids just like Joel Schumacher's Batman.

Springs09

Juniors
If MCU X-Men is as unfaithful to the comics as MCU Spider-Man aka Iron Man Jr I will have no interest in seeing it whatsoever.

shiznit

Coach
If MCU X-Men is as unfaithful to the comics as MCU Spider-Man aka Iron Man Jr I will have no interest in seeing it whatsoever.
See I’m the opposite... I could care less about what happened in the comics...

To me the comics are the inspiration for the films but I would prefer they were their own thing.

The only thing I really care about is whether they are keeping the narrative consistent with the rest of the MCU...

They can’t shoehorn in the xmen characters otherwise it will look a little hokey.

But TBH I don’t know how Feige will do it...

Springs09

Juniors
See I’m the opposite... I could care less about what happened in the comics...

To me the comics are the inspiration for the films but I would prefer they were their own thing.

The only thing I really care about is whether they are keeping the narrative consistent with the rest of the MCU...

They can’t shoehorn in the xmen characters otherwise it will look a little hokey.

But TBH I don’t know how Feige will do it...

Really? Why were you disappointed in The Mandarin then?

It's not about what happened in the comics, it's about who the characters are. You aren't adapting the characters if all you are using is their name and everything else about them is completely different, which is what happened to every other character in Homecoming but Spider-Man and even he was changed a heap by giving 90% of his genius to Iron Man.

So if Disney decide to reboot X-Men again and change the characters as much as they did in Spider-Man then yeah I won't be interested.

Latest posts