What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Frederick

Staff member
I’m the same... 6:20PM session 2moro...

I was in the islands on holiday last year so I didn’t watch IW until a couple of weeks after it opened...

This one I can’t wait a day... :joy::joy:
7:15 for me. I think I saw IW three days after it came out. Three days too many...

shiznit

Coach
I’ve been timing my toilet stops today.... :joy::joy:

3.5hrs first stint... sitting on 3.5hrs at the moment and still haven’t been... haven’t drunk anything since 6AM... :joy::joy:

Whatever it takes.... :joy::joy:

jargan83

Coach
Reviews are up....

I haven’t dared watch it.... but it’s non spoiler...

I've seen several reviews marked as "non spoiler" but I'm avoiding all until I see it tomorrow night.

This will probably be my last visit to this thread until tomorrow night.

Enjoy the experience everyone!

nick87

Coach
Holy f**k
I just watched it and... and I think it might have kind of sucked

I’m going to think a little more about it. Keen to hear others reactions

shiznit

Coach
Holy f**k

I ask you one thing.... no descriptions...

But are there end credit scenes?? If so how many and do they appear mid-credit or at the end of the credits...

I need to know for toilet timing purposes... :joy::joy:

nick87

Coach
I ask you one thing.... no descriptions...

But are there end credit scenes?? If so how many and do they appear mid-credit or at the end of the credits...

I need to know for toilet timing purposes... :joy::joy:

No mid credit or end credit scenes
When the credits roll, you can relax for a piss haha

Parra Pride

Coach
At "Avengers Assemble" I was like :D:D:D

But then at "I am Ironman" I was like :(:(:(

Also that Black Widow movie is gonna be awkward.

Holy f**k

It was a lot slower than Infinity War, but f**k me that whole last like 20 minutes or whatever it was was f**king amazing.

nick87

Coach
Major spoilers contained. Do no click if you've not seen the movie!

So here's my problem with the film ultimately... i really liked it and it all sort of tied together nicely and it was all f**king great and lead to a huge, amazing f**king cool battle, but to be perfectly honest, the heroes didnt lose enough.

We lost Stark and Black Widow, but everyone else basically got a happy ending, i dont know, maybe it's unrealistic but i prepared for some serious casualties and it felt to me like they kind of went soft. I dont know, i've already started coming around a bit on it.
I think Cap should have died and probably some others, but i guess they've got more films to make so they cant kill many off commercially

Cap and Hawkeye should have bitten the dust, maybe Falcon too in the final battle.

Parra Pride

Coach
Major spoilers contained. Do no click if you've not seen the movie!

So here's my problem with the film ultimately... i really liked it and it all sort of tied together nicely and it was all f**king great and lead to a huge, amazing f**king cool battle, but to be perfectly honest, the heroes didnt lose enough.

We lost Stark and Black Widow, but everyone else basically got a happy ending, i dont know, maybe it's unrealistic but i prepared for some serious casualties and it felt to me like they kind of went soft. I dont know, i've already started coming around a bit on it.
I think Cap should have died and probably some others, but i guess they've got more films to make so they cant kill many off commercially

Cap and Hawkeye should have bitten the dust, maybe Falcon too in the final battle.

We essentially lost half of the original Avengers movie, sure Cap didn't die but he sure as hell ain't running around when Secret Wars kicks off or whatever the next Avengers movie is. A lot of people seemed to think they would bring back Vision and Gamora as well, though Vision definitely stayed gone, not sure what happened to the past Gamora but she wasn't on the ship with Thor and the Guardians at the end. Outside of that they weren't really going to kill off anyone from what will essentially be their second generation of the MCU.

greenBV4

Bench
I think its better when watched with Infinity War, since they essentially are a part 1 and part 2 movie (they were filmed together). I watch IW before bed last night then Endgame this morning and it was good, a bit slow but still good.

I'm mostly interested to see how they continue past this
Thor & the Guardians will be a great laugh, also past Loki will probably pop up eventually (the one that teleported with the tesseract)

I thought Cap was going to die and Stark was going to become a Nick Fury sort of character, showing up every now and then, but I think what they ended up doing ended their arcs nicely

nick87

Coach
We essentially lost half of the original Avengers movie, sure Cap didn't die but he sure as hell ain't running around when Secret Wars kicks off or whatever the next Avengers movie is. A lot of people seemed to think they would bring back Vision and Gamora as well, though Vision definitely stayed gone, not sure what happened to the past Gamora but she wasn't on the ship with Thor and the Guardians at the end. Outside of that they weren't really going to kill off anyone from what will essentially be their second generation of the MCU.

Yeah i think that's all probably fair and i should have seen it coming i guess... i just wanted more i guess, i wanted some real scalps... or at least ones that were unexpected.

Anyways, we'll see where it all goes to next and what comes. There was a scene at the end where Quill is searching for Gamora so i think she's definitely still out there somewhere coming to terms with all of this, she's basically been rebooted back to point in her arch where she is just discovering what a life she's lived and the damage of Thanos. I assume she'll appear again in a new Gaurdians movie in the future

The other issue I had was how they built this hulk - banner thing to be such a thing in the first one and then without any segue, it’s resolved, we see nothing of that journey, which was kind of shit.

I don’t really think Captain marvel played any sort of real pivotal role either, she was just kind of there I guess, and f**ked up some baddies in the process

I get the movie was already long enough but I’d have sacrificed the entire first 30 minutes where they kill thanos to flesh out the other aspects of the story
]

Last edited: