What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

PJ

First Grade
I couldn't even tell you what happened in any of the non-Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies because they are so f**king forgettable.

Disagree.

I think the last Spiderman was the best so far. And Tobey's third outing was abominable.

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah, Toby wasn’t a great Peter Parker
tenor.gif

Generalzod

Immortal
XMEN Dark Phoenix tanked:

https://cosmicbook.news/x-men-dark-...dium=pushnotification&utm_campaign=pushengage

No surprise here, but it is learned that the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie is tanking at the box office and coming in under the estimates.

While the flick did okay for Thursday night advanced previews with $5 million, its Friday gross was pretty dismal ($14 million, which includes Thursday), with estimates now pegging Dark Phoenix for a measly $35 million opener -- well under the $40-55 million some sites claimed.

Rotten Tomatoes certainly didn't help things as Dark Phoenix has been hovering around a 21-23% rotten score, the lowest of any X-Men movie and a lot lower than Apocalypse's 47%. Both movies also happen to have the same audience score of 65% as well. The movie's CinemaScore is also the lowest of the franchise with a "B-."

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Trailers are supposed to show the best bits.

If the "best bits" contain such riveting politically driven dialogue such as "We're always saving the men around here, might as well change it to X-Women" then you know the rest of the movie will be f**ked.

bileduct

Coach
Trailers are supposed to show the best bits.

If the "best bits" contain such riveting politically driven dialogue such as "We're always saving the men around here, might as well change it to X-Women" then you know the rest of the movie will be f**ked.
Thankfully that was the only bit of woke bullshit in the entire film. Unfortunately the rest was just regular bullshit.

bileduct

Coach
I have no objection whatsoever to there being a lesbian Batwoman tv show, nor would my opinion even matter if I did.

But this looks absolutely f**king geniused.

Frederick

Staff member
Like, I really want to get into the arrowverse. I like the look of the flash and legends of tomorrow. I struggled with arrow though, and Supergirl yeah nah.

Batwoman? Only chance I'll watch is if Ruby Rose gets her gear off and starts flicking the bean on tv

Mr Spock!

Referee
Meh.... All movies are made for nowadays are kids and teens.

Out of the whole superhero franchise must 2 decent movies worth watching.

And studios are so bereft of ideas they have to remake mediocre series like Spiderman, hulk.

Mr Spock!

Referee
A tad ironic coming from someone who's clearly a star trek fan...

Only the original.

Another franchise milked to death.

And if they were making a dozen star trek movies a year you'd have a point.

Apparently Disney are releasing 8 more marvel movies in the next 3 years.

Disney reveals future of Marvel, Star Wars, and Avatar releases post-Fox purchase
Close to 65 feature films over the next eight years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...e-slate-marvel-star-wars-avatar-pixar-8-years

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Frederick

Staff member
Only the original.

Another franchise milked to death.

And if they were making a dozen star trek movies a year you'd have a point.

Apparently Disney are releasing 8 more marvel movies in the next 3 years.

Disney reveals future of Marvel, Star Wars, and Avatar releases post-Fox purchase
Close to 65 feature films over the next eight years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...e-slate-marvel-star-wars-avatar-pixar-8-years

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Why wouldn't they?
Screenshot_20190616_150915.jpg
5 of the top ten grossing films of all time are Marvel movies. Disney buying Marvel (and Lucasfilm and fox) just gives them a license to print money.

Latest posts