What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Anyone got any ideas on what Wandavision is??

Initially i thought it was gonna be interesting as it was gonna lead into Dr Strange 2 which is a horror...

But from what I’ve read from the D23 panels it sounds like f**king terrible... well I was always a bit like warm on it but I thought It might be something new and different... it sounds like it’s gonns be a 1950’s style sitcom... WTF??

nöyd

Staff member
Yep, just watched a non-spoiler review, apparently it’s a home run, and not just over the fence but out of the f**king park.

Already Oscar buzz for Phoenix and Phillips.

shiznit

Coach
Yep, just watched a non-spoiler review, apparently it’s a home run, and not just over the fence but out of the f**king park.

Todd Phillips... who would have thought... :joy::joy:

Ive always loved his films... Old School, Road Trip, School for Scoundrels, War Dogs and the Hangover of course...

I just never thought he’d sniff an oscar... :joy::joy:

Danish

Referee
A movie needs to tick at least 1 intersectional box to win oscars these days. Joker has no chance.

PJ

First Grade

There were also a fair number of reviews that were not positive.

I have hopes, but will wait first.

Springs09

Juniors
Anyone got any ideas on what Wandavision is??

Initially i thought it was gonna be interesting as it was gonna lead into Dr Strange 2 which is a horror...

But from what I’ve read from the D23 panels it sounds like f**king terrible... well I was always a bit like warm on it but I thought It might be something new and different... it sounds like it’s gonns be a 1950’s style sitcom... WTF??

It can only be either a fantasy world created by Scarlet Witch or a multiverse thing. Either way what a waste of a good character.

There were also a fair number of reviews that were not positive.

I have hopes, but will wait first.

Exactly. Also, IGN is shit for game reviews let alone movies. A 10/10 really? As in its got no flaws and is equal in power to films like The Godfather and Citizen Kane?

People, especially nowadays, overreact because a movie does something different. It may just be a welcome change from the formulaic shit 99% of comic book movies are.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Seeing the ad for the release of Joker has me excited about going to the movies for the first time in a long time. I had forgotten about it’s existence since watching a trailer or previews ages ago. It looks amazing. Hopefully it lives up to my lofty expectations.

I don’t think Joaquin can fail in that, as he just gets better with every performance. Last saw him in You Were Never Really Here and the quiet menace he imbued was very compelling.

My nearest cinema is a 90 minute drive away but tickets are $10 or $12 and with the cost of blurays these days (and having to wait months for the release) I think I will actually see Joker at the cinema. Make it worthwhile and catch Ad Astra too but I doubt it will still be playing.

bileduct

Coach
So the first Joker screenings a month or so ago were met with almost universal acclaim from critics.

Then lefties started up a bunch of bullshit about incels and mass shooters (for some reason?)

Now the reviews coming in from critics say it's terrible.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So the first Joker screenings a month or so ago were met with almost universal acclaim from critics.

Then lefties started up a bunch of bullshit about incels and mass shooters (for some reason?)

Now the reviews coming in from critics say it's terrible.
Wow, really? Most people I’ve seen review it love it, admittedly they are more geek culture people, and I loved it, so that’s all I care about.

bileduct

Coach
Wow, really? Most people I’ve seen review it love it, admittedly they are more geek culture people, and I loved it, so that’s all I care about.
Yeah, the rotten reviews from critics on Rotten Tomatoes shot up and are now about 33% of the total reviews.