What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
Yeah man even I don't watch this shit anymore.
Have you stopped watching Star Trek yet or are you still hate watching it? 😁

I had to stop following the thread as I was a season behind on Discovery so I haven’t kept up.

bileduct

Coach
Have you stopped watching Star Trek yet or are you still hate watching it? 😁

I had to stop following the thread as I was a season behind on Discovery so I haven’t kept up.

Depends which show you are talking about.

Picard - Switched that one off halfway through the second episode of season two and never watched it again.
Discovery - Yeah I am still hate watching this shit, but I thought it actually got better last season. Seasons 2 and 3 are still the drizzling shits.
Strange New Worlds - Has been great so far.

MCU stuff, I checked out after Loki. Was kinda interested in Moon Knight but there's really not a shortage of good television right now and it's well down the list.

Though I did watch Eternals and to be quite honest I thought it was pretty good.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Bloody good night of entertainment ahead for a Weds… Ms Marvel debut’s… Obi Wan Kenobi Ep4 and Origin 1…

shiznit

Coach
Gotta say… watched episode 1 of Ms Marvel…

I had next to no expectations on it as I didn’t read the comics and the only exposure I had to the character was from that terrible avengers game.

I don’t typically watch those teenage coming of age movies either so I wasn’t expecting much from this.

I gotta say… I enjoyed the first episode a lot… I thought it was clever and funny but also the comic book style made it feel fresh and exciting.

I think the strength of the series will be the young girl who plays Kamala… her and her cultural and family dynamic was what stole the episode…

not sure about the powers but I’m keen to see how the rest of the series goes…

Her powers are supposed to be a cross between Mr Fantastic and Antman. Im not sure what they are going for in the show though as they seem to be taking a slightly different take

Game_Breaker

Coach
Gotta say… watched episode 1 of Ms Marvel…

I had next to no expectations on it as I didn’t read the comics and the only exposure I had to the character was from that terrible avengers game.

I don’t typically watch those teenage coming of age movies either so I wasn’t expecting much from this.

I gotta say… I enjoyed the first episode a lot… I thought it was clever and funny but also the comic book style made it feel fresh and exciting.

I think the strength of the series will be the young girl who plays Kamala… her and her cultural and family dynamic was what stole the episode…

not sure about the powers but I’m keen to see how the rest of the series goes…

I don’t know much about the character either but I thought it was wholesome and the actress seems very natural and genuine in the role

I read up on her and this is her first acting job
It’s as if Ms Marvel was based on her (without the super powers)

shiznit

Coach
Her powers are supposed to be a cross between Mr Fantastic and Antman. Im not sure what they are going for in the show though as they seem to be taking a slightly different take
From what I’ve seen so far I think she’s got some sort of relic that triggers it.

I don’t think they can do her powers as originally written due to the inhuman’s story not being part of MCU cannon yet(apart from a Dr strange 2 cameo).

Timbo

Staff member
Ms Marvel's powers seem at bit more like Green Lanterns in the show (can conjure items out of magical energy thanks to a piece of jewellry).

I am enjoying it but I appreciate I'm not necessarily the target audience - it's very much a teen drama.

shiznit

Coach
Ms Marvel's powers seem at bit more like Green Lanterns in the show (can conjure items out of magical energy thanks to a piece of jewellry).

I am enjoying it but I appreciate I'm not necessarily the target audience - it's very much a teen drama.
It’s rating like dogshit apparently… but that’s not surprising considering it’s aimed at Teen’s and not mention it’s a female Muslim character which might turn a few people off…

Like you… I have enjoyed it though… it’s a nice grounded story… and the writing seems to understand the brief.

It’s not groundbreaking TV or anything… but certainly a fun watch.

ill be honest though… if it wasn’t MCU related I probably wouldn’t even give it a look in… actually I probably wouldn’t even have heard of it… 😂😂

gUt

Coach
Not Comic Books related but the crowd that posts in here should certainly check out Love Death + Robots on Netflix.

Reactions: PJ

shiznit

Coach
Finally watched Dr Strange 2… it was pretty good… sucks that I took too long to watch it so all the big reveals were spoiled for me.

I was kinda disappointed they didn’t lean heavier on the horror side of it… I’m not particularly a fan of horrors but after 20 of these films I think they need to do things a little different from time to time to keep things fresh… I think when they announced this film I thought it was honestly going to be something really different especially under Derrickson… but to me it was really just another MCU film…

don’t get me wrong… I love MCU films… I think they are great.. but I thought this had the chance to be something really different…

The cameos were cool… even if a spoiled…

I just wished they ended it with Wanda still the badass villain… I would have been down for her to come back as evil again… now they just turned her into an antihero.

Timbo

Staff member
Finally watched Dr Strange 2… it was pretty good… sucks that I took too long to watch it so all the big reveals were spoiled for me.

I was kinda disappointed they didn’t lean heavier on the horror side of it… I’m not particularly a fan of horrors but after 20 of these films I think they need to do things a little different from time to time to keep things fresh… I think when they announced this film I thought it was honestly going to be something really different especially under Derrickson… but to me it was really just another MCU film…

don’t get me wrong… I love MCU films… I think they are great.. but I thought this had the chance to be something really different…

The cameos were cool… even if a spoiled…

I just wished they ended it with Wanda still the badass villain… I would have been down for her to come back as evil again… now they just turned her into an antihero.

My one big complaint about both WandaVision and Dr Strange II is that they both kept a foot in one camp with Wanda, making her out to be some sort of tortured antihero.

No, she's a monster. She held an entire town hostage and tortured them painfully. She was willing to kill countless people for her fictional children. She is not a good person at this point, she's far too far gone.

But that's Disney I guess.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I love how they tried to say Wanda payed for what she did at Westview, she absolutely payed for nothing and just flew away. Oh I suppose she gave up her fake kids and let the people go who she had tortured that whole week.

Same as Reva, how did she redeem herself?? All she did was not kill an unarmed defenceless 10 year old. Some redemshum arc lol. As Timbo says that’s Disney I suppose.

shiznit

Coach
I love how they tried to say Wanda payed for what she did at Westview, she absolutely payed for nothing and just flew away. Oh I suppose she gave up her fake kids and let the people go who she had tortured that whole week.

Same as Reva, how did she redeem herself?? All she did was not kill an unarmed defenceless 10 year old. Some redemshum arc lol. As Timbo says that’s Disney I suppose.
The thing for me is… why should Wanda have to pay??

she’s the f**king Scarlet Witch… She almost ripped Thanos limb from limb in endgame… and that was before she got a hold of the dark hold.

they f**king needed to just let her breathe as a villain… Bring her in as the villain for Moon Knight season 2… let her be terrifying to the audience for awhile… let her team up with Dormamu or Mephisto.

and then over time you can have the character organically become the antihero in the way Loki did through his arc…

i just don’t see why you need to throw away a seriously terrifying villain when they already struggle to have good villains in the MCU…

shiznit

Coach
So after missing out on Dr Strange and the Batman due to COVID…

I just signed a couple of NDA’s so I can sneak into a press screening of Thor either 2moro or Thursday…

now I’m going into full hypochondriac mode over the next 24-48hrs so I don’t f**king get any bugs… 🤦‍♂️

Frederick

Staff member
So after missing out on Dr Strange and the Batman due to COVID…

I just signed a couple of NDA’s so I can sneak into a press screening of Thor either 2moro or Thursday…

now I’m going into full hypochondriac mode over the next 24-48hrs so I don’t f**king get any bugs… 🤦‍♂️
The missus just gave me the go ahead to see it next Thursday night. She also told me that someone from her work tested positive today, so I might need to move out for the next week 😂