What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
I would call Multiverse of Madness as a contender for worst MCU film. I’m not saying it’s the worst but it’s a contender
Terrible story telling

I like the fact they made Scarlet Witch the villain, showed us how powerful she is. She was was the terminator chasing after people. I just don’t like how they did it. Reminded me of Daenerys Targaryen heel turn from Game of Thrones.

The cameos from the members of the Illuminati were great but not enough to save the film. The movie needs to stand on its own plot wise and it didn’t deliver

And ofcourse Wanda isn’t dead. Pretty obvious she’ll be back
It's not even close to the worst MCU bunch for me (Thors 1&2, Iron Man 2, The Hulk). Mid tier, not great but watchable in a popcorn sense.

TBH, I don't think your criticism are valid in a wider Marvel entertainment sense. The entire Wandavision season is the heel turn, nothing like Daenerys (although I always new she was going to do a heel turn in the final season, there were signposts, but they stuffed up by making fewer longer episodes rather than more shorter ones so time seemed even more compressed - but that's a discussion for another thread. 😀 )

If you think that all Marvel movies must stand on their own then your criticism is more valid, but I don't think they've been operating like that as a franchise for years now.

I dread the X universe combing with the Marvel universe, it's just too f-ing busy with them all, so was less a fan of the Illuminati stuff.

Game_Breaker

Coach
It's not even close to the worst MCU bunch for me (Thors 1&2, Iron Man 2, The Hulk). Mid tier, not great but watchable in a popcorn sense.

TBH, I don't think your criticism are valid in a wider Marvel entertainment sense. The entire Wandavision season is the heel turn, nothing like Daenerys (although I always new she was going to do a heel turn in the final season, there were signposts, but they stuffed up by making fewer longer episodes rather than more shorter ones so time seemed even more compressed - but that's a discussion for another thread. 😀 )

If you think that all Marvel movies must stand on their own then your criticism is more valid, but I don't think they've been operating like that as a franchise for years now.

I dread the X universe combing with the Marvel universe, it's just too f-ing busy with them all, so was less a fan of the Illuminati stuff.

But Wanda redeemed herself in the final episode

In this movie she’s done a 180 because she read a book which Dr Stange told us via exposition how bad it is only seconds before it was revealed she’s the villain. That’s lazy

Also they only visited like 2 universes so title was misleading. More like Dr Strange and the Bi-verse of Madness

All movies have to stand on their own, otherwise what’s the point?
They’ll just be long episodes and if they’re just long episodes then they deserve criticism

Matua

Bench
But Wanda redeemed herself in the final episode

In this movie she’s done a 180 because she read a book which Dr Stange told us via exposition how bad it is only seconds before it was revealed she’s the villain. That’s lazy

Also they only visited like 2 universes so title was misleading. More like Dr Strange and the Bi-verse of Madness

All movies have to stand on their own, otherwise what’s the point?
They’ll just be long episodes and if they’re just long episodes then they deserve criticism
TBH, at the end of Wandavision I just assumed what would play out in this movie would play out and it did so there was no whiplash at all for me.

. Think you're being a wee bit pedantic on the multiverses, they were in at least three universes proper, and then montaged through a bunch.

Game_Breaker

Coach
TBH, at the end of Wandavision I just assumed what would play out in this movie would play out and it did so there was no whiplash at all for me.

. Think you're being a wee bit pedantic on the multiverses, they were in at least three universes proper, and then montaged through a bunch.

Still poorly written for me
Plot is based on a 10 second exposition from Dr Strange

shiznit

Coach
I still haven’t f**king seen it…. Been going through COVID crook as hell for the past week… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

my 7days is supposed to be up on Friday but i don’t see my symptoms easing up before then so I’m think maybe another bloody week…

without giving any spoilers… what was the horror aspect of it like?? I wasn’t gonna take my 6yr old but my other son is 12…

would it be too much for a 12yr old??

I gotta be honest… I usually hate horror films… hate films like saw or hostel and even most zombie films… TBH… if this wasn’t an MCU film I probably wouldn’t really care… I’m thinking this won’t be my favourite…. 😂😂

Game_Breaker

Coach
I still haven’t f**king seen it…. Been going through COVID crook as hell for the past week… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

my 7days is supposed to be up on Friday but i don’t see my symptoms easing up before then so I’m think maybe another bloody week…

without giving any spoilers… what was the horror aspect of it like?? I wasn’t gonna take my 6yr old but my other son is 12…

would it be too much for a 12yr old??

I gotta be honest… I usually hate horror films… hate films like saw or hostel and even most zombie films… TBH… if this wasn’t an MCU film I probably wouldn’t really care… I’m thinking this won’t be my favourite…. 😂😂

For a 12 yr old it should be fine
They cut away from any gory details

But then again I was watching Freddy Krueger movies when I was 6

Matua

Bench
I'm not a horror movie fan and didn't find it was too horror-ry ... agree it should be fine for the 12 year old.

Timbo

Staff member
I really enjoyed it. I agree it's mid-tier, but it's nowhere near the bottom of the barrell.

As for the lack of gore...

I think the deaths of Reed Richards, Black Bolt, Professor X and Captain Carter are among the most violent in the history of the franchise.

Professor X in particular given it was combined with a jump scare.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
I really enjoyed it. I agree it's mid-tier, but it's nowhere near the bottom of the barrell.

As for the lack of gore...

I think the deaths of Reed Richards, Black Bolt, Professor X and Captain Carter are among the most violent in the history of the franchise.

Professor X in particular given it was combined with a jump scare.
So I went to the loo and only saw one of these, wouldn't have known without reading this post. 🤣

Zoidberg

First Grade
I was losing interest in the MCU a few years back and Infinity War hooked me back into it. Getting back into the “losing interest” mindset.
From the entire Phase 4 (including D+ shows) No Way Home is he only one I’ve really loved.

shiznit

Coach
She Hulk Trailer:

I gotta be honest… it’s looks pretty mid to me…

That CGI for She-Hulk is atrocious… looks goofy as hell…

although weirdly I’ll also admit… I would f**king tear that green ass up! 😂😂

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Amber Heard testified today that the campaign to get her fired from Aquaman 2 actually worked.

They dropped her from the film but then she forced them to honor an option in her three film contract.

Then her role was massively reduced.

lol...

Bitch is CRAZY….

although once again… I’d probably tear that ass up too… 😂😂

Game_Breaker

Coach
She Hulk Trailer:

I gotta be honest… it’s looks pretty mid to me…

That CGI for She-Hulk is atrocious… looks goofy as hell…

although weirdly I’ll also admit… I would f**king tear that green ass up! 😂😂

That looks so bad, almost fan made

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The M-She-U has well and truly jumped the shark. That trailer looks Dogshit, Ms Marvel also looks laughable.

Dr Strange 2 whoops I mean Wandavision 2 was one of the worst written movies I’ve seen in ages. What’s next?? Iron Heart, Echo?? Does Victoria Alonso run the show now?? I just hope Thor isn’t just another bait and switch like Moonknight, Loki and Dr Strange 2.

shiznit

Coach
Looks like it will be a similar tone to Ragnarok
Which is good
Too CGI heavy for my liking…

it’s just my opinion but IMO… the volume has a certain look to it… it looks great in sparse environments like deep space or on a desert planet like tatooine in Star Wars…

but as soon as you have a more busy environment it starts to look more artificial… like as soon as you get past the main focus of the shot everything is blended in.. there’s no layers to the shot… I’d rather they build more of an actual set and then use green screen behind it in certain spaces… it’s still CGI… but it seems like there’s more depth to it…

The volume is great for these Marvel and Star Wars TV shows but I expect more of a film TBH…

The M-She-U has well and truly jumped the shark. That trailer looks Dogshit, Ms Marvel also looks laughable.

Dr Strange 2 whoops I mean Wandavision 2 was one of the worst written movies I’ve seen in ages. What’s next?? Iron Heart, Echo?? Does Victoria Alonso run the show now?? I just hope Thor isn’t just another bait and switch like Moonknight, Loki and Dr Strange 2.
Tell us where the bad woman touched you...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tell us where the bad woman touched you...
If you are happy with the direction Marvel are heading good for you, since Endgame the quality and the writing has dropped off alarmingly. She Hulk was one of my favourite characters from the Comics she replaced the thing in the fantastic 4 for a while. But yeah bad woman touched me........ But her new show looks absolute dogshit. Ms Marvel??? Really??? Iron Heart??? Echo???? Ummm no thanks.

I'm hoping Thor isn't another bait and switch because i loved Ragnarok, as i said if you like where they are heading thats great but that doesn't mean i have too.

Latest posts