What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cricket Quiz

Thanks mate. Still looks like a potential bar fighter though. Got the classic roughneck look lol

What was the occupation of Yabba, who the famous hill area at the SCG was named after?

Moffo

D

dubopov

I saw a picture of him wearing a Jackie Howe..so I'll say Wharfie,Shearer or Accountant !!

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Stephen"Yabba" Gascoigne, the most famous Aussie sportingheckler ever, wasa tall, heavily-built man whoalways dressed in dark trousers and white shirt.Yabba wasa rabbit seller in and around the Sydney suburban area, who each day " couldbe seen with his little pony and two-wheeled cart, driving round Balmain and the neighbouring suburbs, loudly calling out, 'Rabbo, wild rabbo !'in a voice that could be heard a mile away!"
:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This from a website with an article about sledging:
One of the most interesting anecdotes regarding “Yabba” is that once a batsman was playing and he kept missing the ball all through in a session of a test match.

Unable to withstand this drudgery anymore Yabba yelled,” Bowl the bastard a grand Piano and see if he can play that instead!”

Spot on Outlaw, over to you mate :D

Willow, u posted that in the chat room last night lol. Looks like we have another one joke wonder on our books!

Moffo

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
During the 1991-1992 Shefield Shield CupCricket season,who was the only cricketer to represent two different states in that sameone season?
Also, name the two states he represented.

D

dubopov

Outlaw..My guess is nobody..The official stats I looked up did not have a single player representing two States in that season..The states represented were Decay and Decline..

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Dubopov.
You're kind of right and I commend you on picking up my incompitence. I re-examined my question. It looks as if the wording I used in the original question may have been a little off-putting orside-tracking. I do sincerly apologise for that. After some web research and a littlebook search, I'm going to re-word it in a more appropriate manner...here goes;
Name the player, who, during the 1991-1992 cricket season represented South Australia in two limited-over matches, before a fallout with theSouth Australia heirarchy led him to transfer to Victoria, where he played seven first-class matches?
I hope this is more clearer. Apologies once again... :)))

<h2>Paul Christopher Nobes</h2>Born: 20 April 1964, West Heidelberg, Victoria
Major Teams: South Australia, Victoria.
Known As: Paul Nobes
Batting Style: Right Hand Bat

'fan-baller

BTW Outlaw, I didn't see all that a major problem with the wording of your first question. I imagine that the mention of 1991-1992 <u>Shefield Shield</u> CupCricket season is what you clarified in your re worded question, but in actual fact it did happendurring the 1991-1992 Shefield Shield CupCricket season. You never said that the player played Sheffield Shield Cricket
Maybe dubopov wasbitching because he simplyhad NFC.
I emailed your original question to dad (the David Middleton of Aussiecricket IMHO)in QLD not too long ago,and he emailed me back within 90seconds with the answer. I placed it into a search engine and posted my paste in the post above. He's certain the answer is correct. I await your reply.
'fan-baller

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Well done Bronco-fan-baller. Correct you are (or is that your dad?).
Actually mate, you make a good point in your post about the wording of my original question.After reading over it since your post, I can now seethat there was nothing miss-leading about the way I typed it. I guess some may have interpreted itdifferently (or is that incorrectly?), but I can see now there was no fault from my end. I never meant to intentially miss-lead anyone anyway. Never mind mate....all's well that ends well.
Over to you mate.
PS: Good to see you posting with us again. :)

Latest posts