What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cricket Quiz

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In 2001, theSydney Cricket Groundopened it's 'Walk of Honour', inducting 33 names.

How many of these names are cricket related?

<span>1.RICHIE BENAUD
<span>2.SIR DONALD BRADMAN
<span>3.BILL BROWN
<span>4.ALAN DAVIDSON
<span>5.THE GREGORY BROS(</span></span></span></span></span><span><span><span><span><span>Dave - Ned - Syd - Jack)
<span>6.NEIL HARVEY
<span>7.KEITH MILLER
<span>8.ARTHUR MORRIS
<span>9.NORMAN O’NEILL
<span>10.BOB SIMPSON
<span>11.VICTOR TRUMPER
<span>12.DOUG WALTERS
'fan-baller

</span>&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span></span>&lt;o:p>&lt;/o:p></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>

Sorry for the deletion.
Those who saw it would have wondered if I'd asked the right question in the right thread. I thought it was the Footy Quiz thread.
I'll try and find something by this evening, but cannot promise due to family duties.
If not tomorrow.
'fan-baller

Rephrased:
Name the cricketlegend who made his One-Day International debut at Old Trafford on 20th July 1973 in a game between Englandand New Zealand?
'fan-baller

C

CyberKev

8 that I can think of (bowled, lbw, caught, stumped, run out, hit wicket, handling the ball, obstructing the field).

Presumably 'retired' &amp; 'retired hurt' are not counted as dismissals, as this would take the figure to 10.

imported_midas

Juniors
close but no cigar.Retired is actually entered in the book as "Retired Out" but not really regarded as a dismissal.Retired Hurt counts as a not-out.
Two more.

C

CyberKev

I've remembered another one... Double-hit is also a dismissal, as I remember an unfortunate soul on an opposing team (from my schoolboy days) getting sent packing for it.

Obviously there are 10, going by the tone of Midas' last post, but I can't for the life of me think of the last one...

The final one iscalled "mankading" or to be "mankaded"
Here's an example of it happening..albeit once a blue moon:
Kapil Dev (India) "mankaded" Peter Kirsten, the non-striker, backing up too far before the ball was delivered. Apparently, Kapil Dev had warned Kirsten at least twice in the earlier matches. When the umpire declared Kirsten out, Wessels showed two fingers to Kapil Dev and got into an argument with the fielders. Kirsten refused to leave until the umpire signalled him to leave the field. Kirsten alone was fined later, for dissenting with the umpire's decision.

imported_midas

Juniors
Sorry Grubrunner,a "Mankad" is a runout.It is where the bowler during his run up throws the non-strikers wicket down with the batsman backing up out of his ground.
It got it,s name which is unofficial ,from Vinoo Mankad of India who did the first one in the late 40,s.
Still one to go.