What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cricket Quiz

Hmmm... okay.
How's about this:
<dt>Timed Out: <dd>If a new batsman takes longer than two minutes, from the time the previous wicket falls, to appear on the field. </dd>

Mate...
I did SFA to get that question answered. CyberKev did all the hard work and put in the effort. I ain't taking credit for someone else putting in the hard yards. It ain't fair and ain't my style.
It's just not Cricket mate -o}
I'll let CyberKev have a turn. He deserves it.
BTW: I found the answer at the link below. Bloody good one too.
[url]http://www.cricketvideo.com/cricket_exp.html[/url]

C

CyberKev

Grubrunner™

Thanks, Old Son. A very sporting effort that.

I haven't scanned back through the previous 500+ posts to see if this one has come-up before, but we'll bang it out there anyway.

Which bowler dismissed every opposition batsman in a test match in 1979, who did he play for and who was he playing against?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"... every second question here seems to be Australian related."
Egad... you're right!... that means every second question is about other countries...How do werectify this injustice?;)

C

CyberKev

Bronco

Sorry, Old Son, but you were wrong about all 3 parts of the question. Still, given how hot Safraz was running at the time it was a worthy guess.

CyberKev

C

CyberKev

Moffo

Botham savaged both Pakistan and New Zealand (in 1978). So no it wasn't Botham and you too are wrong with all three aspects of the question.

Willow

Definitely not Malcolm Marshall. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even in the West Indies team in 1979, but I may stand corrected on that.

CyberKev

C

CyberKev

How does the song go?

2 and 2 are 4,
4 and 4 are 8,
8 and 8 are 16
The years since 1979 are 24!!!

I'm living in the past, maaan... I'm all hung-up about some bowler from the seventies, maaan!

Apologies for breaking Roopy's 15 year rule... Legend just told me in another thread that the Asst Managers on this site aren't meant to be policemen , but maybe someone should make a Netizen's arrest over this one...

Oh well, what's done is done, I suppose, so we'll continue on if noone has any firm objections...

I'll endeavour to read the rules more clearly next time...

CyberKev

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The great Malcom Marshall made his test debut in 1978.... time flies.
But I was groping around in the dark on that one.

Racking my brain and I'm now thinking it was a spinner. Please feel free to put me out of misery if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Richard Hadlee?

C

CyberKev

Willow

Are you sure about Marshall debuting in 1978? I'm pretty sure he wasn't part of WSC and there's little sign of him until the 1981/82 One Day Series against Australia and Pakistan.

He wasn't part of the 1977/78 West Indies side that rolled Australia in the Carribean. He wasn't part of the West Indies 1979 World Cup winning side, and he didn't play against the Australians in Australia over the summer of 1979/80

Bronco

It was indeed another fine Queenslander, Dymockracy and you were spot on about the other details. You may proceed directly to Mayfair and collect $200 if you pass GO.

CyberKev

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Kev...Yep, its on the internet so it must be true. ;)
From: http://www.indiaexpress.com/news/sports/cricket/19991105-1.html

Malcom Marshall succumbs to cancer
05th Nov 1999

Former West Indies fast bowler, Malcolm Marshall, has died after long battle with colon cancer.
41-year-old Marshall died at Queen Elizabeth hospital at Bridgetown on Thursday. He took 376 wickets in 81 tests in a glorious career, making his test debut against India in 1978. His last test appearance was in 1991 against England at the Oval.
The great fast bowler had been on leave from his position as the West Indies coach since taking ill during the World Cup in England in May.
Marshall's illustrious career also saw him claim 157 victims in international one-day matches.

(RIP)
emrose.gif