What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Crockett debate

How many weeks for Crockett?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well, this looks set to cause close to as much crap as the SBW/AJ incident in Round 1.

Having seen the tackle, what do you think Crockett shoudl get?

lockyno1

Post Whore
1-2 weeks max, if anything at all. Total stupidity from the ref to be honest. Not worth a send off, SBW's wasn't either IMO

Mr Saab

Referee
Zero weeks.

Most prob get 1-2 so that the video ref Phil Cooley doesnt look like the git he is by ordering his send off.....and for those that think he didnt, you are deluding yourselves.

Earl

Coach
I'm not voting, because IMO he shouldn't be suspended, and the didn't by any stretch of the imagination deserve to be sent off.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
0 weeks, same as Sonny should have got

This whole thing is just beyond a farce. It's as obvious as obvious that both got sent off because of injury suffered by the recipient. The send-off alone was excessive punishment in both cases, but I'm sure the judiciary will do the same as it did with SBW and endorse incompetent refs by handing out a ban.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Neither sendings offs were warranted.

Anyway a sending off is worse than a one/two week suspension.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm saying two weeks only for the fact Sonny's tackle had set a precedent.

In terms of what he deserves, given the send off, I'd say one week at an absolute max. They can always bring Vatuvei back :sarcasm:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Earl said:
I'm not voting, because IMO he shouldn't be suspended, and the didn't by any stretch of the imagination deserve to be sent off.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Dodger said:
I'm saying two weeks only for the fact Sonny's tackle had set a precedent.

In terms of what he deserves, given the send off, I'd say one week at an absolute max. They can always bring Vatuvei back :sarcasm:

But the question was how many weeks do you think he should get.

Timmah

Staff member
True. He should get 0 weeks, as should have Sonny in Round 1.

I (probably silly) based my vote on what I think would happen using the NRL judiciary's (limited) brain power and the precedent set - not necessarily my opinion.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Send off sufficient, Bumsteads desicion already probably cost he's side the 2 points. SBW's was not a send off offense either.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
If he wasn't sent off and only put on report like he should have been, one week at worst.

As it is, nothing.

Latest posts