What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The David Klemmer Appreciation Thread.

Apey

Staff member
Arguing on Twitter about it. NOW we've hit rock bottom. Especially if Gardner were to join in.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Barry is not known for half arsed rumours. The error he made was getting the sequence of events wrong. Same impact. Same outcome. Knowles needs to grow up. Does he now think Klem will just casually move on from this? This will take time to heal if ever. A bond of trust has been breached over an argument! Truly weak.

Old dog

Juniors
Been a very llloooooonnnggg week and unfortunately each of the next five will get longer before the very very long off season

Alex28

Coach
So…

I know it was against the Tigers, however we haven’t looked that good in attack in weeks. Months.

Not suggesting he’s responsible entirely for our stifled attack, but he has to own part of it.

More importantly, he needs to play how the team needs him to.

PhilGould

Bench
Brailey having his best game since returning and the Tigers being the Tigers (though they were far worse in attack than defence) played just as big a role but yes I don't believe it's a coincidence the ball moved more freely and the team was able to build momentum in sets this week.

I'll take what Jacob did today over any of Klemmer's performances this season and I don't need to look up his fantasy stats post-game to convince myself he made an impact. This is not letting him off the hook for a letdown of a season nor is it blaming Klemmer for said letdown of a season.

macavity

Referee
Said it before and I will say it again

Klemmer should be 13, and told to take 10 hit ups in our own half and make 50 tackles a game

Jono078

Referee
Still doesn't all quite add up.

Why did it have to go public?
Why was he given a "show cause notice" - effectively meaning his job was on the line?

Why not just have the chat with AOB and Klem after the game or the Monday saying he was being a prick and wasn't doing what's best for the team, that's that and then nothing escalates.

Knowles seems proud of what he's done and believe it was for the best, but he hasn't acknowledged how dumb it's made our club look and the frustrations the fans have felt from this, this week.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Still doesn't all quite add up.

Why did it have to go public?
Why was he given a "show cause notice" - effectively meaning his job was on the line?

Why not just have the chat with AOB and Klem after the game or the Monday saying he was being a prick and wasn't doing what's best for the team, that's that and then nothing escalates.

Knowles seems proud of what he's done and believe it was for the best, but he hasn't acknowledged how dumb it's made our club look and the frustrations the fans have felt from this, this week.
Knowles has enjoyed the media. Let us be real.

Woosh

Head Moderator
“Sometimes leadership is tough. Sometimes you have to put the value of the team before anything, no matter who the person is. If our club, our roster, our management want success, they should be thanking me for trying to uphold the set of standards this team needs.”

Lols

Burwood

Bench
The problem seems to be that Gardner gave the complaint to HR to further investigate. Once it’s in their hands, not much could have been done by the NRL club to stop it.

Parr has rightfully come in and, by the looks of it, pointed out to Gardner that you can’t run an NRL club like he does Wests Group.

mozza91

Coach
Sounds like Knowles is carrying alot of residual smug from his Penrith days.
As mentioned sounds like he’s loving the attention and being in the news even if it’s for the wrong reasons.

He’s only 12 months into his role here but his title is Head of Performance. Might be best for him to cosy up to Gardiner because he’s not doing a particularly good job.

Burwood

Bench
The guy has been doing his job for 20 plus years and this is the first time I can recall him being in the news like this. Maybe it’s our club’s level of shitness and not his professionalism or desire to be a headline that’s the problem?

Latest posts