What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dimmy Memorial Award

Misty Bee

First Grade
I never knew this person. To me she was just another poster on the net. However, I do recall she was a firendly, bright, cheerful person, and I can't remember her saying a bad word about anybody.

So I propose that, if you are having an annual get together in her memory, why not make an award in her honour? have it presented to the person on these sites who has been the brightest, cheerfullest, and warmest psoert of the past year.

What do you think?

Suitman

Post Whore
The award in itself is a nice idea.
To have Dimmys name associated with it only gives it more credibility.
Just another way to keep her memory living on.

If I may be as progressive as to cast the first vote.

My vote would go to Pizza Boy himself from New Zealand......."Go Parra"......from the Parramatta Eels Forum.
Nice bloke, nice posts, hardly a word of anger despite his frustration at certain posters. And an absolute avid Eels Boy.
Madam would be proud as punch.

Suity

MystikEel

Juniors
I 2nd Suity on that... Even though he has long gone from the other boards, I still reckon GP deserves that :)

di luvs parra

Juniors
The Dimmy Memorial Award is a very nice idea.

I agree that GP would be the best recipient for the award for the past year!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Great idea although Go Parra was never too kind to those that opposed his view that Smith was a great coach so I wouldn't nominate him.

Y2Eel

First Grade
i'll third that nomination Go Parra was a very nice person on the parra official forum.. he would listen to those who had different views from he.. not too many people like him on here...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Y2Eel said:
i'll third that nomination Go Parra was a very nice person on the parra official forum.. he would listen to those who had different views from he.. not too many people like him on here...

The guy got up you if you were against Smith. I couldn't stand his attitude.

He ended up sulking off when there was too much stuff he disagreed with.

Just for those interested, the annual post-season Fans Touch Competition (to be held early December this year) is named the Kotronakis Cup after dear Dimms and Liz.

I certainly hope that the likes of Suity can come and play this year, and if anyone else is interested leave a note here or PM me and if there is a spot I'll see if I can fit you in.

Too many details to post here in this short message, but if you are interested in finding out what the deal is let me know I'll fill you in. Once again I hope you can make it Suity, and Jase too if you're reading this.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I second El Duques thuoghts on Go Parra. He bagged the crapout of anynoe who wasn't up Smith's arse, HJ style, and then sulked off like a big wuss at the end of it. I think people can comeup with a better choice than him.

Haynzy

First Grade
Although I have been infrequent in my postings in the last 8months or so I have still been an avid reader.

To find someone that embodies each of these qualities will be very difficult as there are very few among us who are all of these "brightest, cheerfullest, and warmest psoert of the past year. "
at times we all get fired up and maybe lose some of our warmth or we get angry and lose some of our cheerfullness.

My considered nomination would have to go The Suitman
I think that he shows these qualities the most consistently on the boards. He was also a good friend of Dimmy and Lizz and I think this puts him a strong position to take out the inaugural award.

So There :?

The Colonel

Immortal
Even though Suitman and I share differing views - he would be a good choice I believe. You can't dislike a man who bags you for your opinion so nicely! ;-)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Hollywood Jesus said:
Just for those interested, the annual post-season Fans Touch Competition (to be held early December this year) is named the Kotronakis Cup after dear Dimms and Liz.
thats hilarious. i remember watching an eels players vs fans touch game at parra stadium, years ands years ago... and dimmy leans over to me and says... "hmm, touch football, i could play touch footy with the boys... 'TOUCH!' 'TOUCH!'" :lol:

....siiiiggghhhhhhh...

PB

Bench
LOL, Haynzy

Suity can't win the award because he has been suspended.

GP was the man. If i had a say, i would give him the award.

Suitman

Post Whore
PB said:
LOL, Haynzy

Hey you,

Check the Parra Board out.

I actually got a post through the other day.

Suspended........ppfffffttt!

Anyway, don't you need two suspensions before you become ineligible??

Welcome to the Board matey.

Suity

PB

Bench
Suitman said:
PB said:
LOL, Haynzy

Hey you,

Check the Parra Board out.

I actually got a post through the other day.

Suspended........ppfffffttt!

Anyway, don't you need two suspensions before you become ineligible??

Welcome to the Board matey.

Suity

Well it depends whether your name is bucket ass and the people in charge look after you! ;-)

Thanks. Its good to be back.

glamour_eel

Juniors
I'd also like to nominate Suity. I never met Dimmy although we exchanged many e-mails and she was always too happy to have a chat about anything and share with me the inside goss on the eels. Just prior to her passing we had arranged to meet up and tragically it never eventuated. I'm greatful that I still knew Dimmy even if it was in such a limited capacity.

I've never met Suity. Yet from the brief exchanges we've had on the forum, particularly the social pages i see qualities that madam d had. Suity is a fkn legend!!!! Him and the Parraboy are the funniest. Oh and I also got along ok with GoParra, he's a top bloke too.

Rylesy

Juniors
JessEel said:
Hollywood Jesus said:
thats hilarious. i remember watching an eels players vs fans touch game at parra stadium, years ands years ago... and dimmy leans over to me and says... "hmm, touch football, i could play touch footy with the boys... 'TOUCH!' 'TOUCH!'" :lol:

....siiiiggghhhhhhh...

That is funny Jess...... That was Dimmy all over.... :D :(

Misty Bee

First Grade
PB said:
LOL, Haynzy

Bloody oath Suity can win!!

Ahem, who gives a stuff about that board. This award has NOTHING to do with that board. On that other board Suity was accused of not being a Parra supporter!

BTW, you don't have to be a Parra supporter to win the award.

And I am happy to vote for Suity.

aphelion

Juniors
I vote for the Suitmeister as well. GP was only OK if you agreed with him. If you didn't, he was a right twat. And his "farewell" speech was pathetic.

I thought the old board was dead (or as good as)? Shouldn't this one be the "official" board now?

Latest posts