What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dimmy Memorial Award

miniHINDY

Juniors
I think we should get a number of nominees maybe 4?
And then do a poll to see who wins the award?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Suity seems worthy of a nomination as does planet who always seemed happy and cheery on the mb.

sportive cupid

Referee
miniEEL said:
I think we should get a number of nominees maybe 4?
And then do a poll to see who wins the award?
Good Idea Mini.For a guy just about to turn 14 tomorrow ;-) you have a brilliant mind.
and the the nominees are...:
Suitman
Go Parra
Planeteels
&.........
And remember
give your REASONS for nominating ( ohh and Rylesy it has to be more than has great eyes or is a good kisser lol)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sportive cupid

Referee
Rylesy said:
Very funny.......... MC. :lol:
Sorry Rylesy,didnt mean to single you out.Of course there may be others thinking of voting for the same reasons and they should refrain from doing so as well :-# [-(

El Diablo

Post Whore
The only prob with having a poll is that anyone who strolls in here can vote in it should they feel like it. Maybe someone could have votes emailed or pm'd to them once noms are made up?

Misty Bee

First Grade
El Duque said:
The only prob with having a poll is that anyone who strolls in here can vote in it should they feel like it. Maybe someone could have votes emailed or pm'd to them once noms are made up?

That's a good idea. I'm happy for people to PM me with their nominations.

You don't need to give a reason when you PM. However, on this discussion, reasonings are a good idea.

I do have a problem with people being nominated who some peopledon't like. If you read what this award is for, being disliked for your conduct sort of contradicts that, don't you think? After all, Dimmy was universally liked. I'm sure, for example, the Brian Smith Love Family would not like to se me win the award!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
I do have a problem with people being nominated who some people don't like. If you read what this award is for, being disliked for your conduct sort of contradicts that, don't you think?

Well, some people might dislike a nomination, but the majority may vote for him/her. Who knows???
IT should be open for anyone and everyone to be nominated.
Hell, I even had KD in my thoughts. :oops: :? (Closely followed by Adam the Slippery Eel). ;-)

Suity

Misty Bee

First Grade
Dimmy was universally liked. That's the spirit of this award, not just for the person who has the most mates, but the person who has pissed off no one,and acted warmly to all.

"brightest, cheerfullest, and warmest poster of the past year. "

If the person in question pissed a reasonable portion of the messageboard off, then they cannot qualify, can they!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Dimmy was universally liked. That's the spirit of this award, not just for the person who has the most mates, but the person who has pissed off no one,and acted warmly to all.

"brightest, cheerfullest, and warmest poster of the past year. "

If the person in question pissed a reasonable portion of the messageboard off, then they cannot qualify, can they!

But if the person has pissed a lot of people off nobody would vote for them, I think.

Anyways, arguing over this is kind of tarnishing the award.

di luvs parra

Juniors
Obviously people are voting for the person they found to be bright,cheerful & warm & think should win & that's how it should be!

Another thing is that could people just vote for whoever they like but not bag out or name call other nominees....

di luvs parra

Juniors
malignant cupid said:
Rylesy said:
Very funny.......... MC. :lol:
Sorry Rylesy,didnt mean to single you out.Of course there may be others thinking of voting for the same reasons and they should refrain from doing so as well :-# [-(

Who else apart from Rylesy would vote for someone for those reasons?! :lol:

sportive cupid

Referee
Who else apart from Rylesy would vote for someone for those reasons?! :lol:[/quote]from Di_luvs_Parra
Ummmmm geee I dunno Di :-k :-k :-k

Suitman

Post Whore
di luvs parra said:
Another thing is that could people just vote for whoever they like but not bag out or name call other nominees....

Very good point Di. As El Mango said.....it goes against the grain of what this thread is actually about.

Suity :)

sportive cupid

Referee
Suitman said:
Misty Bee said:
I do have a problem with people being nominated who some people don't like. If you read what this award is for, being disliked for your conduct sort of contradicts that, don't you think?

Well, some people might dislike a nomination, but the majority may vote for him/her. Who knows???
Hell, I even had KD in my thoughts. :oops: :? (Closely followed by Adam the Slippery Eel). ;-)

Suity
I hope you were serious when you mentioned KD because I actually can't recall any time when he was nasty or unkind to anyone, and he had to take alot of flack from many quarters.
To be honest there is never anyone who EVERYONE likes. I wonder if this award should really be for someone who TRIED to make others feel good and always TRIED to be fair without always achieving that.
And to that end I think KD might deserve a nomination.
Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

Suitman

Post Whore
malignant cupid said:
Suitman said:
Misty Bee said:

Suity
I hope you were serious when you mentioned KD because I actually can't recall any time when he was nasty or unkind to anyone, and he had to take alot of flack from many quarters.
To be honest there is never anyone who EVERYONE likes. I wonder if this award should really be for someone who TRIED to make others feel good and always TRIED to be fair without always achieving that.
And to that end I think KD might deserve a nomination.
Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

I think if the award was to be given to someone who always tried to make others feel good and always tried to be fair, it would be getting away from the original point.
Dimmy didn't always try and make people feel good. In fact, she often said her piece to tossers on the other board and gave them what for.

But she was a much loved contributer. Fair, honest and to the point. She had a sense of humour, and a nasty streak when required. She was a complete poster. But to my knowledge, there was no one who disliked what she stood for. I think that is more what Misty was trying to set up here.

As for KD, I was joking when I mentioned his name but at the same time, I have a soft spot for his posts. He has copped a hard time on the other board and always come back without damage to his soul.
I have much admiration for him and think he also would be a wise nomination.

I stand by my vote for GP. Yes, he got cranky at times, but who in the hell hasn't on this and the other board, with so many differing opinions??
You don't stay popular on a public forum after over 5000 posts without building a certain reputation. Its not easy making pizzas all night you know!!!

Maybe we should have a 1-2-3 voting system.

I'll start.

3 points goes to GP. (Stamina, sense of humour, knowledge)
2 points goes to Paraborn. (Intelligent, sharp witted, and logical)
1 point goes to Haynzy. (His love of norks and beer astounds me. And he is an all round great guy, who plays mean jazz)

Honourable mentions go to portia, hh, Parra Princess (one of my favourites), HJ, Misty Bee (superb) Mr Parra Eels, El Mango, Mr George, Planet, 81 chick, Minnieel, Di Luvs Parra and MITS.

Next years bolters will be Bartman, Colonel Eel, Rylsey, Pazza.

Darkhorse of the year goes to mUSASHI. (What a wildcard that guy is)

Rookie of the Year is Minieel. :)

Suity

Misty Bee

First Grade
I stand by my vote for GP. Yes, he got cranky at times, but who in the hell hasn't on this and the other board, with so many differing opinions??

ME of course! :lol: :lol:

Basically, Suity, you got it re Dimmy.

BTW, thanks for the nomination. Superb eh? Hear that HJ? Suity says I'm superb! Better update the resulme! ;-)

I'll do a tally and announce the winner.

BTW, anyone got a pic of Dimmy I could use in the award?