What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easts Merry Go Round...

El Diablo

Post Whore
melon.... said:
Taiwan RL fan said:
Rooster coqburn, you're a funny guy.
It won't be so amusing when the 2004 news on RL is all about some needless court case and nothing to do with the great action on the field. Union/AFL fans will be happy though.
Union is happy now, they have the purse strings to buy our stars making League a Pub comp.

Never fear, the Roosters will save us :roll:

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
Melon, you start a thread claiming victory. Atleast validate the existance of the thread with some substance, or go to the wall and claim victory...
refer my previous reply....better still have another Chook raffle or similar briliant business plan to save your struggling club.....Oh thats right its Easts fault they are struggling...Oh I must add that one to the Merry go Round:

"Its Easts fault poorer clubs struggle, until you rebut it successfully and then...."

melon....

Coach
El Duque said:
melon.... said:
Taiwan RL fan said:
It won't be so amusing when the 2004 news on RL is all about some needless court case and nothing to do with the great action on the field. Union/AFL fans will be happy though.
Union is happy now, they have the purse strings to buy our stars making League a Pub comp.

No your club will save itself, the Roosters arent and cant save your club.

melon....

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I follow Wests Tigers and Easts have taken Juniors from us, just not the right ones.
Meaning? We've taken Juniors from you and developed them into first graders? eg. Stuart Webb...huge future now he's at Easts. What about the couple of Bondi lads you guys bought from us? Does Trent Clayton (Redcliffe feeder club, developed by Easts, made 1st Grade debut at Easts) mean anything? How about Robbie Miles...ex Easts 1st Grader. Maybe history helps you remeber another Bondi Boy...Ian Schubert??? What about Luke Milton...Oh another Bondi boy.. You were saying??? .....NEXT!!!

t-ba

Post Whore
You haven't rebutted anything.

Mind you, I never said it was Easts Fault that Manly Struggled. Manly made the noble sacrifice of paying their own vastly inflated player contracts during the Super League war instead of relying on ARL money, and that's what killed us.

Spoending our own money so the ARL could afford to contract players Like Matt Sing and Brad Fittler...

El Diablo

Post Whore
melon.... said:
El Duque said:
melon.... said:
Taiwan RL fan said:

No your club will save itself, the Roosters arent and cant save your club.

No, the Roosters will more than likely destroy every club should they go to court and win.

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
You haven't rebutted anything.

Mind you, I never said it was Easts Fault that Manly Struggled. Manly made the noble sacrifice of paying their own vastly inflated player contracts during the Super League war instead of relying on ARL money, and that's what killed us.

Spoending our own money so the ARL could afford to contract players Like Matt Sing and Brad Fittler...
Manly's Greed and bad business management when they were Hell Bent on Destroying the Bears is what put you guys out of business. That merger was a travesty, but I dont see your avatar defending the poor Bears Why is that?? Common answer it!!

melon.... said:
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I follow Wests Tigers and Easts have taken Juniors from us, just not the right ones.
Meaning? We've taken Juniors from you and developed them into first graders? eg. Stuart Webb...huge future now he's at Easts. What about the couple of Bondi lads you guys bought from us? Does Trent Clayton (Redcliffe feeder club, developed by Easts, made 1st Grade debut at Easts) mean anything? How about Robbie Miles...ex Easts 1st Grader. Maybe history helps you remeber another Bondi Boy...Ian Schubert??? What about Luke Milton...Oh another Bondi boy.. You were saying??? .....NEXT!!!

Meaning....what it said.

The Wests Juniors playing in your Premier League side were lured away. But it's ok, you got the crap. As will be evident within the not too far distant future.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dude, you're an administrator. Lock the thread.

Manly didn't try and kill the Bears. Manly offered the Bears a 49% share of a new venture (Minor Partner) and the Bears tried to derail the Merger, send the Eagles broke and Steal the license...

I'm not all that proud of the way my club treated Norths, but we didn't go out of way to murder them...

And you're right. It was a poor business decision to pay around $15 Million in our salaries so that that money could be spent raiding Super League Stocks for other clubs welfare...

In hindsight, Manly should have jumped ship.

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
Dude, you're an administrator. Lock the thread.

Manly didn't try and kill the Bears. Manly offered the Bears a 49% share of a new venture (Minor Partner) and the Bears tried to derail the Merger, send the Eagles broke and Steal the license...

I'm not all that proud of the way my club treated Norths, but we didn't go out of way to murder them...

And you're right. It was a poor business decision to pay around $15 Million in our salaries so that that money could be spent raiding Super League Stocks for other clubs welfare...

In hindsight, Manly should have jumped ship.
Dont run away from the arguement Tbut!!!! You said it 49% thats a minority. Why should a club give up its license and be controlled by another club? Thats why Easts never merged with Souths...why sacrifice your own business to assist a competitor??? Its like you own a restaurant and you turn away patrons to help the Fish and Chips shop across the road thats struggling!! You wouldnt do it!! Would you??

The sooner people realize League is a business and has been for years the sooner they'll understand the situation at the moment. Otherwise youre lost!!

melon....

Coach
Why lock the thread??? Its generating legitimate debate? Isnt it what this forum's about? DOnt tell me its a WORL Concentration Camp clone??!!

Show us enlightened ones from the Goosters why in the BLUE HELL its a good thing for Rugby league in general to have the salary cap destroyed and to have league in the courts again

78 days to go and the GOOSTERS ARE STILL SUCKING :shock: :oops:

All ive seen is some piddly little attempts to justify their decision and then cop a hammering from every league supporter.
Geez...some people need to be told they are idiots

Latest posts