What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easts Merry Go Round...

melon....

Coach
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:
T-ba do you know how much the increase is. It's $250,000. The increase is from 3.25M to 3.5M. Someone said that David Gallop mentioned the figure of 4M.

Are you saying that those 7 clubs are in such a bad way financially that they would fold?
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season, so does that mean get rid of them? I'm sorry but I'm still waiting for a Roosters supporter to justify taking the League to court over $250,000 I think it has more to do with trying to prove the cap is illegal, then BINGO IT'S OPEN SLATHER. Don't kid yourself it's about $250,000, it's about the bigger picture, and that is NO CAP.
Its called restraint of trade....tell me why cant Newcastle with its plethora of internationals cant attract big sponsorship so they dont have to borrow. I know they dont have a club...so is that the answer. Basically it enforces what Ive been saying all along...no one team is responsible for the plight of its competitors...you know enough about business to know as much Anton.

It doesnt concern me or Easts what problems Newcastle are having...and as you say, if it gets too hot get out of the Kitchen. Newcastle people want a local side in the comp? Well get someone that knows how to generate enough cash to save the club. If you cant it equates to nobody really wanting them around. YOU do what YOU must to keep YOUR club afloat. Easts owes you nothing. And your club would do anything to secure its future. The big picture is not NO CAP...thats just YOU speculating. The cap will eventually be raised to a higher level it has to to keep Rugby League a competitor in the Sporting Market. Why not start now? Clubs wont go broke if they dont spend more than they can afford, and it sounds like Newcastle dont even have the funding to field a team...how is that Easts problem again?

Kaz

junior
Holla if ya hear me

What about clustering money to survive, instead of going with cap in hand each year to other sports for money to survive.

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
I'm saying they are in such a bad way financially they can't handle a free player market with no salary cap.

atm, it looks like that or bust for the roosters...
Can you not comprehend English? Its a raise not abolishion for crying out loud the 10 millionth time.

Kaz is right, Murdoch owns Union, Pay TV, NRL and The written media. He wants 12 teams. Easts are doing everything to survive the future, and the pub mug clubs that are struggling need to either, get with the program quick smart or fold NOW!!!! It sounds inevitable because in 7 years of being given chances they just dont get it!!

ibeme

First Grade
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:
T-ba do you know how much the increase is. It's $250,000. The increase is from 3.25M to 3.5M. Someone said that David Gallop mentioned the figure of 4M.

Are you saying that those 7 clubs are in such a bad way financially that they would fold?
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season, so does that mean get rid of them? I'm sorry but I'm still waiting for a Roosters supporter to justify taking the League to court over $250,000 I think it has more to do with trying to prove the cap is illegal, then BINGO IT'S OPEN SLATHER. Don't kid yourself it's about $250,000, it's about the bigger picture, and that is NO CAP.
Its called restraint of trade....tell me why cant Newcastle with its plethora of internationals attract big sponsorship so they dont have to borrow. I know they dont have a club...so is that the answer. Basically it enforces what Ive been saying all along...no one team is responsible for the plight of its competitors...you know enough about business to know as much Anton.

It doesnt concern me or Easts what problems Newcastle are having...and as you say, if it gets too hot get out of the Kitchen. Newcastle people want a local side in the comp? Well get someone that knows how to generate enough cash to save the club. If you cant it equates to nobody really wanting them around. YOU do what YOU must to keep YOUR club afloat. Easts owes you nothing. And your club would do anything to secure its future. The big picture is not NO CAP...thats just YOU speculating. The cap will eventually be raised to a higher level it has to to keep Rugby League a competitor in the Sporting Market. Why not start now? Clubs wont go broke if they dont spend more than they can afford, and it sounds like Newcastle dont even have the funding to field a team...how is that Easts problem again?

This is useful as a running coach telling his runner that to win he needs to run faster. C'mon, go faster. If administering clubs was easy, everyone would be doing it. Not every club has a Nick Politis and Kerry Packer backing them. As I said earlier, different clubs have to survive under different conditions. Would the Roosters be as successful as they are if they were located in Cabramatta? It's not as easy as saying 'go better'

antonius

Coach
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:

Its called restraint of trade....tell me why cant Newcastle with its plethora of internationals attract big sponsorship so they dont have to borrow. I know they dont have a club...so is that the answer. Basically it enforces what Ive been saying all along...no one team is responsible for the plight of its competitors...you know enough about business to know as much Anton.

Why go to court over it Melon? it'll only take the game back another 10 years, I still say there is more to this than $250,000 a year extra on the cap. At the moment it's 14 teams to 1 against raising it, I thought we lived in a democracy? apparently Easts don't live by that, at the end of the day it's all about the good of the game Melon, from where I'm sitting I cannot see how what your club is threatening to do is for the good of the game.

sydraider

First Grade
Im starting to think there is a russian takeover imminent at the roosters :lol: :lol: :lol:

melon....

Coach
antonius said:
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:

Why go to court over it Melon? it'll only take the game back another 10 years, I still say there is more to this than $250,000 a year extra on the cap. At the moment it's 14 teams to 1 against raising it, I thought we lived in a democracy? apparently Easts don't live by that, at the end of the day it's all about the good of the game Melon, from where I'm sitting I cannot see how what your club is threatening to do is for the good of the game.
14-1 means nothing. That vote which can be vetoed at anytime (look at Souths vetoing it in court to get back in) was for an increase in 2004. they have not voted for 2005. I hope they dont raise it and I hope clubs go to the wall on their own little lonesome as they are because it is inevitable and to prove a f**king point.

Yep keep it as it is and watch em drop like flies anyway....I reckon that will be the only thing that might make the Rugby League public really understand whats going on, and how badly managed their club is by the morons the members keep voting for.

Good luck Newcastle, youll bloody need it.

t-ba

Post Whore
So, Melon is now against the increase, even if for vindictive reasons.

Welcome to sanity :lol:

ibeme

First Grade
melon.... said:
antonius said:
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:

14-1 means nothing. That vote which can be vetoed at anytime (look at Souths vetoing it in court to get back in) was for an increase in 2004. they have not voted for 2005. I hope they dont raise it and I hope clubs go to the wall on their own little lonesome as they are because it is inevitable and to prove a f**king point.

Yep keep it as it is and watch em drop like flies anyway....I reckon that will be the only thing that might make the Rugby League public really understand whats going on, and how badly managed their club is by the morons the members keep voting for.

Explain why you think Souths vetoed the decision. They lost the court case. The NRL readmitted them because of the public outcry surrounding the court case. People wanted Souths back. They were reinstated. They lost the court case.

What the roosters are doing does not have public support. The public outcry is against what they are doing. They would more than likely win the court case, but they'd be destroying themselves and the game in the process. As someone else said, what they would achieve by going to court is like blowing a cow up because it's not giving you enough milk.

No cow = no milk.

t-ba

Post Whore
Fair enough.

It'd be on the money to say I'm expecting atleast one club to fall over in the next few years, but I'm not naming names...

melon....

Coach
ibeme said:
melon.... said:
antonius said:
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:

Explain why you think Souths vetoed the decision. They lost the court case. The NRL readmitted them because of the public outcry surrounding the court case. People wanted Souths back. They were reinstated. They lost the court case.

What the roosters are doing does not have public support. The public outcry is against what they are doing. They would more than likely win the court case, but they'd be destroying themselves and the game in the process. As someone else said, what they would achieve by going to court is like blowing a cow up because it's not giving you enough milk.

No cow = no milk.
Easts nearly destroyed themselves in the 80s. The management team they have now is not about to light heartedly fight for something that they believe will destroy them and the league. They are here because they know how to survive. Theyre not ididots and this is totally workable. What would Easts gain if they bring down the league? they wouldnt have a comp to play in. Thats why it wont happen. Use common sense and logic. Its a business decision. good business.

Penelope Pittstop said:
antonius said:
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season

And the reason for that is, what?
The reason is -
No club to give us money
No nick politis-Kerry packer backer
The loan is to make player payments on time and is ALWAYS payed back at the start of the season anyway
Its how we survive without the MAGNIFICENT crowd support during the off season
It would come from a Club if we had one or a major backer if we had one
No one elses problem but our own and its how Newcastle survives -Big deal
Someone in their post said-The club wont go broke if they dont spend more than they can afford.
Isnt that the whole point right there-If you cant afford to upgrade your players contracts because they have been lucky enough to get a jumper-Tough CRAP -Its how it supposed to work!

78 days until...The GOOSTERS ARE STILL WHINGING

ibeme

First Grade
melon.... said:
ibeme said:
melon.... said:
antonius said:
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Penelope Pittstop said:

No cow = no milk.
Easts nearly destroyed themselves in the 80s. The management team they have now is not about to light heartedly fight for something that they believe will destroy them and the league. They are here because they know how to survive. Theyre not ididots and this is totally workable. What would Easts gain if they bring down the league? they wouldnt have a comp to play in. Thats why it wont happen. Use common sense and logic. Its a business decision. good business.

In other words, the Roosters are bluffing. They can't afford for this to go to court more than anyone else can. The NRL has nothing to worry about. Just say NO Mr Gallop. The Roosters are bluffing. They have no bargaining power.

melon....

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
Penelope Pittstop said:
antonius said:
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season

The reason is -
No club to give us money
The loan is to make player payments on time and is ALWAYS payed back at the start of the season anyway
Someone in their post said-The club wont go broke if they dont spend more than they can afford.
Isnt that the whole point right there-If you cant afford to upgrade your players contracts because they have been lucky enough to get a jumper-Tough CRAP -Its how it supposed to work!

No club - ask why?
No big backing from Chairman - ask why
Why cant you pay your players again? No money. Then why are you still here?

ibeme said:
melon.... said:
This makes me absolutely laugh.

The way some un-informed and definitely uneducated know-it-alls jump on the Easts Merry Go Round.

Firstly they say Easts are destroying the game, and when thats rebutted successfully...

They say Easts have no juniors and when that rebutted successfully....

They say we are killing off poorer clubs, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we dont develop and only buy superstars developed from other teams, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we are killing the game...and so on and so on.

Obviously people on this site LOVE getting the arses kicked from pilar to post!!!

BRING IT!!!

Go EASTS!!!! ONWARDs and UPWARDS!!! Are we arrogant!! Fantastic!! Are we selfish!! HELL YES!!! EVERY CLUB IS!!!

Are we acting illegally?? Lots of f**king Laughs!!!!

Welcome to the arse kicking Roosters Merry Go Round...enjoy your ride.

Measuring success is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

Anyone can claim success, but that doesn't mean they were successful.

Spot on ibeme.

Some of these roosters fans have claimed to be so successful this year, being the best team, benchmark team, 20000 players in the kangaroo test squad, etc, etc...........Yet look at their trophy cabinet for 2003 - do I hear an echo in there?????

Let's see you rebutt THAT melon............................

Just read this thread and others like it melon..................you have NO SUPPORT, apart from a few of your fellow supporters who are obviously sharing the same brain & life support system with you.

Go and run your own league. You and other like-minded supporters obviously like the idea of "playing with yourselves" anyway!! :lol: :lol:

The reason is -
No club to give us money
\

No club to give us money

Why don't you have a Club? You had one but it went belly up.

You club doens't want a rich backer. Con Constantine wanted to be involved but that never eventuated.

Surely there is some solution to your financial problems.

ibeme

First Grade
melon.... said:
Penelope Pittstop said:
antonius said:

The reason is -
No club to give us money

No club - ask why?
No big backing from Chairman - ask why
Why cant you pay your players again? No money. Then why are you still here?

How about you try to create a successful club and see how far you get. Easts leagues has been around for donkey's years.

Not every chairman is rich. Simple.

No club means no income during off-season. Players still need to be payed during off-season, so club borrows that money. They pay it back at the commencement of the new season when money starts coming in again. It's not that they can't afford the players, it's that they don't have a steady stream of income all year round.

Why are they still here? Because they have about ten times as many supporters as the Roosters.

IBEME-Thank you-Its spot on what you said
Financial worries-We dont have any at the moment cause the soccer is now paying the bills
Its in the works to arrange some agreement with clubs in the area and the Knights will always have functions to attend at various sponsor clubs around town but the loan is always paid of at the start of the season anywhoo

Latest posts