What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easts Merry Go Round...

Punk

Juniors
Now come on melon, quit stalling, where are all your rebuttals? If they are in other threads, post them here.

By the way, Rugby League itself is a sport you ass.

t-ba

Post Whore
He's falling back on the 'Bag Manly about the Bears' argument. a horse that is well and truly dead that some Afrikaaners found the corpse and have made Billtong out of it already...

post the rebuttals here...

melon....

Coach
Punk said:
Now come on melon, quit stalling, where are all your rebuttals? If they are in other threads, post them here.

Im not going to post my entire arguement in this thread whn ive already done so in the top 10 threads on this page. Go have a read Punk. Enjoy.

League is more than a sport, its a livelihood for many. It put food on tables. You play sport for fun. League is played because for the players its their chosen careers. maybee we can all go back to a non-professional standard and make these blokes become plumbers, and garbos again like the good old days? Just to make a living...but they can still kill each other on the field every weekend for your entertainment...

melon.... said:
This makes me absolutely laugh.

The way some un-informed and definitely uneducated know-it-alls jump on the Easts Merry Go Round.

Firstly they say Easts are destroying the game, and when thats rebutted successfully...

They say Easts have no juniors and when that rebutted successfully....

They say we are killing off poorer clubs, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we dont develop and only buy superstars developed from other teams, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we are killing the game...and so on and so on.

Obviously people on this site LOVE getting the arses kicked from pilar to post!!!

BRING IT!!!

Go EASTS!!!! ONWARDs and UPWARDS!!! Are we arrogant!! Fantastic!! Are we selfish!! HELL YES!!! EVERY CLUB IS!!!

Are we acting illegally?? Lots of f**king Laughs!!!!

Welcome to the arse kicking Roosters Merry Go Round...enjoy your ride.

Touché Melon !!

t-ba

Post Whore
Too right melon. Food on the table for the 150 players that stand to loose big if the Salary cap is challenged in the courts...

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
Too right melon. Food on the table for the 150 players that stand to loose big if the Salary cap is challenged in the courts...
So lets make them play for nothing for our enjoyment and make them all garbos again. Great!

t-ba

Post Whore
Huh?

So you'd rather 150 not earning 50,000 a year chasing their dreams as opposed to Craig wing and Trent Barrett garnering seven figures?

ibeme

First Grade
t-ba the hutt said:
Huh?

So you'd rather 150 not earning 50,000 a year chasing their dreams as opposed to Craig wing and Trent Barrett garnering seven figures?

He fails to recognise that those 150 players might become the Craig Wings of the future, and to deny them that opportunity now, is to deny rugby league it's best possible future.

Punk

Juniors
melon.... said:
Punk said:

Im not going to post my entire arguement in this thread whn ive already done so in the top 10 threads on this page. Go have a read Punk. Enjoy.

League is more than a sport, its a livelihood for many. It put food on tables. You play sport for fun. League is played because for the players its their chosen careers. maybee we can all go back to a non-professional standard and make these blokes become plumbers, and garbos again like the good old days? Just to make a living...but they can still kill each other on the field every weekend for your entertainment...

You're trying to tell me Rugby League is not a sport? Obviously you are because that is all I said.

The clubs and governing bodies that run it are businesses. Rugby League itself is still a sport. It's a physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
I don't check the financial/business section of the paper if I want to read about the game of Rugby League. Funnily enough I check the sport section. You probably check the personals, but thats for other more pathetic reasons.

Oh, and you seemed to want to bring up the 'success' of your rebuttals here. Infact, you devoted the thread to it. If you didn't want to be questioned about their validity here, why did you drag them up again? Now, collate and display them. Else, you're quite simply just a tosser.

always a possibility t-ba...

Where does the figure of 150 players come from?

Punk nothing was mentioned about Rugby League not being a sport? What was said was - League is more than a sport, its a livelihood for many.

antonius

Coach
melon.... said:
This makes me absolutely laugh.

The way some un-informed and definitely uneducated know-it-alls jump on the Easts Merry Go Round.

Firstly they say Easts are destroying the game, and when thats rebutted successfully...

They say Easts have no juniors and when that rebutted successfully....

They say we are killing off poorer clubs, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we dont develop and only buy superstars developed from other teams, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we are killing the game...and so on and so on.

Obviously people on this site LOVE getting the arses kicked from pilar to post!!!

BRING IT!!!

Go EASTS!!!! ONWARDs and UPWARDS!!! Are we arrogant!! Fantastic!! Are we selfish!! HELL YES!!! EVERY CLUB IS!!!

Are we acting illegally?? Lots of f**king Laughs!!!!

Welcome to the arse kicking Roosters Merry Go Round...enjoy your ride.

Keep throwing out the smokescreens Melon, and keep on laughing< nobody else is, by the way keep your MERRY GO ROUND to yourself, nobody else wants to get on it. Oh yes, I haven't seen you rebut anything successfully yet, just a lot of lame excuses trying to justify what your misserable club are trying to do, well keep it all coming your wasting your time though, I think the majority agree with you, your arrogant, selfish, and too self centred for your own good. Enjoy it. To use your current fav expression..... NEXT!!

t-ba

Post Whore
Well...

Manly-F*cked if court action happens; 25-35
Cronulla-F*Cked if courts action happens; 25-35
Storm-Bigger white horse than now if court action happens; 25-35
Wests-F*cked if court action happens; 25-35
Newcastle-F*cked if Court Action happens; 25-35
Cowboys-F*cked if court action happends; 25-35
Souths- :lol: :lol: :lol: ; 25-35

There you go, 7 clubs that stand an excellent chance of falling over. it can be reasonable to expect that atleast 5 will collapse in on themselves and @ an average of 30 players each that's 150...

Kaz

junior
Whether there is court action, teams are going to fold anyway.

Some are just hanging on.

News Limited wants a 10 - 12 team comp anyway.

T-ba do you know how much the increase is. It's $250,000. The increase is from 3.25M to 3.5M. Someone said that David Gallop mentioned the figure of 4M.

Are you saying that those 7 clubs are in such a bad way financially that they would fold?

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm saying they are in such a bad way financially they can't handle a free player market with no salary cap.

atm, it looks like that or bust for the roosters...

antonius

Coach
Penelope Pittstop said:
T-ba do you know how much the increase is. It's $250,000. The increase is from 3.25M to 3.5M. Someone said that David Gallop mentioned the figure of 4M.

Are you saying that those 7 clubs are in such a bad way financially that they would fold?
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season, so does that mean get rid of them? I'm sorry but I'm still waiting for a Roosters supporter to justify taking the League to court over $250,000 I think it has more to do with trying to prove the cap is illegal, then BINGO IT'S OPEN SLATHER. Don't kid yourself it's about $250,000, it's about the bigger picture, and that is NO CAP.

ibeme

First Grade
Penelope Pittstop said:

Life would be made a hell of a lot harder for them. Add the $250000 to the reduced funding from the leagues clubs due to the pokie tax and it's a lot more than $250000. Whether you're for the pokie tax or against it, it's going to significantly impact these clubs. This was a tax increase that was announced after the March election. Prior to the announcement, a cap increase was probably on the cards. Since the announcement clubs have had to reassess.

The effect that the cap increase would have on these clubs would be that they would not be able to compete in the player market with the richer clubs. This would lead to less success on the field, which would lead to declining interest, declining gate takings etc.

Suddenly, $250000 could become over a million dollars. It's a snowball effect.

Balancing the cap and player retention is very delicate. At the moment the evenness of the competition suggests that this balance is right. The future for struggling clubs is looking brighter with the cap as it is. When they've all got their heads above water is the time to raise the cap, not before.

250 000?-Bingo!-Take it out of Fittlers salary!
he only plays half- a -game anyway.And even then its a bad half.Take a look at the 2003 G.F
Hang on.....cant see him!-Goosters must have lost!

Before anyone gets cranked up...Antonius has just posted the most sensible post here.
If you cant afford your cluster of 'Home grown :lol: :lol: " heroes -THEN RELEASE THEM!-EVERY CLUB HAS HAD TO!

78 days to go and the GOOSTERS STILL SUCK! :oops:

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season.

Do you think that is fair to the clubs that aren't borrowing money.

If it was any other team apart from Newcastle the NRL would have booted them out by now.

But because of the great supporter base the NRL are keeping them in.

Latest posts