What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easts Merry Go Round...

the_knights_rule

First Grade
melon.... said:
I cant wait until Round 4, when the Roosters put the cats in their places, and prove 2003 was a fluke.

Easts to Win!!!

If you wanna go by the theory that if you roosters beat the panthers in round 4 that will mean their 2003 season was a fluke, then that means 2002 was a fluke for the roosters seeing as the bulldogs who many thought were the best team in 2002 beat you twice in 2003 and the warriors who you played once beat you as well.
now your probably gonna quote me and say that you made the granfinal the next year after winning the comp so thereofr it wasnt a fluke, but in your post you say that beating the panthers will show their season was a fluke. :roll:

get over it the panthers are a better team and they beat you! their season wasnt a fluke, they had to try very hard and build a good team over a couple of seasons then they played good all season. i certainly wouldnt call that a fluke, a low placed team beating a hig placed team is what i might call a fluke but certainly not a team having a great season. And you dont know how the panthers are gonna go next year maybe they wont go as good as they did this season but then again it would be pretty hard to go even better.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:
melon.... said:
I cant wait until Round 4, when the Roosters put the cats in their places, and prove 2003 was a fluke.

Easts to Win!!!

If you wanna go by the theory that if you roosters beat the panthers in round 4 that will mean their 2003 season was a fluke, then that means 2002 was a fluke for the roosters seeing as the bulldogs who many thought were the best team in 2002 beat you twice in 2003 and the warriors who you played once beat you as well.
now your probably gonna quote me and say that you made the granfinal the next year after winning the comp so thereofr it wasnt a fluke, but in your post you say that beating the panthers will show their season was a fluke. :roll:

get over it the panthers are a better team and they beat you! their season wasnt a fluke, they had to try very hard and build a good team over a couple of seasons then they played good all season. i certainly wouldnt call that a fluke, a low placed team beating a hig placed team is what i might call a fluke but certainly not a team having a great season. And you dont know how the panthers are gonna go next year maybe they wont go as good as they did this season but then again it would be pretty hard to go even better.

The grand Final has been played on OPTUS for the past 2 days, and From what I saw, that was no Fluke.

MINOR Premiers.. Fluke LOL...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Renowned League Expert said:
Mr Angry said:
Melon, these blokes are just dreamers, no dash in 'em. They're losers, just like the clubs they "support"!

Mediocrity can never know anything higher than itself, i think the author of Tarzan once wrote ... So true!
Mate it is blokes like you that make the rest of the league world hate your team.

What you fail to realise, fool, is that it doesn't bother us one little bit whether you hate us or not.

Either stop us, or shut up! Somehow, I suspect you're all talk!
Stop you doing what????? Screwing everyone over because you have to buy players as you cannot produce any.
It may not bother you, but it bothers other Roosters such as my Bro-in-law and many other Rooster fans I know. Arrogant morons like you think you think they speak for all roosters fans - and you do not. Do you even comprend that tool????
I'll just wait for Freddie to leave and your team to be back where the were before you bought him. Souths will have no problem taking your juniors if you push the NRL too far.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Mr Angry said:
It may not bother you, but it bothers other Roosters such as my Bro-in-law and many other Rooster fans I know. Arrogant morons like you think you think they speak for all roosters fans - and you do not. Do you even comprend that tool????

one of my friends who is a roosters fan also believes what the club is doing is stupid.

What you fail to realise, fool, is that it doesn't bother us one little bit whether you hate us or not.

Hey everyone, I've posted this question to "Renowned League Fraud" quite a few times in other threads, and he has yet to provide me with an answer. Let's try again shall we??

WHAT HAS THE SYDNEY ROOSTERS TEAM ACHIEVED IN THE NRL PREMIERSHIP SEASON OF 2003???????

We're waiting.........................

ozzie

Bench
the ran second - they beat 13 other teams in thecomp - not too bad...I just love their clubs trying to pull sown that effort -

we won in 2002 and you still try and pull that down - sorry guys - but we did win that one and we did lose in 2003 but we were there a lot of other teams weren't so go suck eggs....

but keep answering - it just shows your absolutely jealous of a well run team..

melon....

Coach
Big Panther Cool said:

Hey everyone, I've posted this question to "Renowned League Fraud" quite a few times in other threads, and he has yet to provide me with an answer. Let's try again shall we??

WHAT HAS THE SYDNEY ROOSTERS TEAM ACHIEVED IN THE NRL PREMIERSHIP SEASON OF 2003???????

The best Defensive record. The most represntative players in anyone roster. Shll I go on? Or does this answer the qiestion. I know what your thoughts are Penrith fool..."If you dont win the trophy ya did jack!! Boo Hoo!"

Well I know this, but although we didnt achieve the ultimate prize, we have put ourselves in a position to dominate the next decade. An the club is doing everything in its powers to keep Easts at the top....dont you wish your club could?

melon....

Coach
Mr Angry said:
Mr Angry said:
Melon, these blokes are just dreamers, no dash in 'em. They're losers, just like the clubs they "support"!

Mediocrity can never know anything higher than itself, i think the author of Tarzan once wrote ... So true!
Mate it is blokes like you that make the rest of the league world hate your team.

Stop you doing what????? Screwing everyone over because you have to buy players as you cannot produce any.
I'll just wait for Freddie to leave and your team to be back where the were before you bought him. Souths will have no problem taking your juniors if you push the NRL too far.
Your Brother in law is entitled to his opinion. Your just a moron who should never voice one!!! Go the SL Sharks!!! Hypocrite!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
melon.... said:
Your Brother in law is entitled to his opinion. Your just a moron who should never voice one!!! Go the SL Sharks!!! Hypocrite!!
And exactly how would you know if I supported the Sharks position in the Super League war? You wouldn't, but reading through this thread I can see what a presumptuous, arrogant git you are - the type of supporter that makes all other supporters of your team look bad.
I certainly hope it is resolved for my bro-in-law sake, as we enjoy going to games together, I do not think he would come if the NRL strips your licence from you.
I do not pretend to know the inner workings of the NRL, but have seen they will not be intimidated - just ask the player's union about the Dally M's.
Bottom line, your club has taken a huge gamble and there is no shortage of bidders for NRL licences, again you presume the NRL cannot go on without your club.

melon.... said:
Big Panther Cool said:

The best Defensive record. The most represntative players in anyone roster. Shll I go on? Or does this answer the qiestion. I know what your thoughts are Penrith fool..."If you dont win the trophy ya did jack!! Boo Hoo!"

Well I know this, but although we didnt achieve the ultimate prize, we have put ourselves in a position to dominate the next decade. An the club is doing everything in its powers to keep Easts at the top....dont you wish your club could?

Best Defensive record???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And look what they had to show for it, especially in the Grand Final :lol: :lol: THE ROOSTER'S BIGGEST LOSS OF THE SEASON :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate, you can go on until you're hoarse that the roosters the best team of the season because you can tackle and you get a handful of players in rep teams, BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS.......WHO'S GOING TO REMEMBER??? You're not going to convince anyone here but yourselves and a handful of your fellow supporters.

Where's your silverware to prove your best defence?? If your team was so good, where's your minor premiership shieldd to prove your consistency??? Oh that's right - it's on display at PANTHERS!!!! Along with the NRL Telstra Premiership Trophy!!!!!

Position to dominate??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Your "Penrith Born and Bred" captain will retire after 2004, then it's going to be all "pre 1996" for you and your team. Here comes the mediocracy age for the roosters!!!!

My club is already ON TOP!!!!!

<<<<<<--------------Look at the picture for proof!!!! 8) 8)

Where's your proof that the roosters were the best all season???

We're still waiting.................................

ozzie said:
the ran second - they beat 13 other teams in thecomp - not too bad...I just love their clubs trying to pull sown that effort -

we won in 2002 and you still try and pull that down - sorry guys - but we did win that one and we did lose in 2003 but we were there a lot of other teams weren't so go suck eggs....

2nd place?? I thought your team was the best performed all year (so a lot of rooster fans keep wailing over). So if you guys were so good, why only second place???

Yeah you won in 2002 but how many "What If's" & "Question Marks" were there about your win??

Jealous?? Again I have to make the point, if your team is so well run, why only 2nd place????

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Big Panther Cool said:
Yeah you won in 2002 but how many "What If's" & "Question Marks" were there about your win??
None for me, the best team won in 2002 without a doubt IMO.
2003 saw the Minor premiers become premiers and Penrith deserved thier win.
Fair is Fair.

melon....

Coach
Big Panther Cool said:
ozzie said:

2nd place?? I thought your team was the best performed all year (so a lot of rooster fans keep wailing over). So if you guys were so good, why only second place???

Jealous?? Again I have to make the point, if your team is so well run, why only 2nd place????
2002 What ifs and question marks? You sound like a Dogs loser...Its OK youll be a loser in 2004 again.

melon.... said:
2002 What ifs and question marks? You sound like a Dogs loser...Its OK youll be a loser in 2004 again.

Check my avatar again Melon, and you'll see who I support!!

Considering the team you support, aren't you a LOSER now??? :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
Penelope Pittstop said:
antonius said:
The Knights have to borrow between $250,000, and $500,000 every year to meet their shortfall, they are struggling every season

And the reason for that is, what?

You questioned “why does our club have to borrow every year?” too meet player payments is the simple answer, the final payments are due at the seasons end, when we are at our most vulnerable, Financially, I was using that as an example of how close to the wire our club (and probably a lot of others) are each year, adding $250,000 a year to our expenses won’t help that one bit. Now you can say “that’s your clubs fault”, maybe it is, but we don’t have the luxury of a benefactor, or a licensed club, we have sponsorships yes, but in the end we spend everything we make, some of your fans have said “well if the games to hot, get out of the game” great, hows that going to save the game, if that’s the attitude? As for Con Constentine, yes he kicked in a bit of money every year, but in the end he wanted too much control of the club for that money, something that wasn't possible. Con also took over the running of the liscenced club he was no more successful with it than we were. It also went belly up with him at the helm.

Pen, I don’t have any problem with your side wanting a raise in the cap. What I have a problem with is the method used ie: - “raise it or we’ll test it in court” I just can’t see that as being a reasonable approach, or being good for the game. Phil Gould can come out with statements like “we want our players to be fulltime and not have to work at a job”. I’m sorry I don’t swallow that line, neither do I swallow the line that the players will all go to union (that one is the most ridiculous of all, a $250,000 raise won’t change that.) It’s simply about trying to hang on to what you’ve got; again there’s nothing wrong with that. But it’s the same for everyone else. Saying clubs will die if it isn’t raised is another stupid statement, how does that equate?
Nothing would please me more for my club to have more money, I don’t think they deliberately try not to have any. The simple fact is that there is only so much sponsorship to go round, plenty of other sporting clubs/groups have priced themselves out of their games (Soccer is a prime example,where junior clubs are proping them up.) Do we want league to do the same? I think more effort should be put into trying to get the NRL to come up with a bigger slice of the pie for clubs, then yes they’ll be able to use that money to increase player payments. That way nobody is disadvantaged, the road the Roosters are going down will allow some clubs to increase player payments, whilst others will not be able to, they will just become uncompetitive, or bankrupt, how is that good for the game? Believe me I’m not Rooster bashing here, if it were any other club, my attitude would still be the same. I’ve argued with people from my own clubs forum about player payments, and getting allowances for service etc, in the end you still have to have the money to pay them. More money from the the big players (Free to air TV, and pay TV) is one avenue that should be looked at a lot more seriously IMO.

antonius

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
IBEME-Thank you-Its spot on what you said
Financial worries-We dont have any at the moment cause the soccer is now paying the bills
Its in the works to arrange some agreement with clubs in the area and the Knights will always have functions to attend at various sponsor clubs around town but the loan is always paid of at the start of the season anywhoo
Sorry Holla, but the soccer club doesn't pay any bills for the Knights. They have enough worries of their own without taking on ours.

Newcastle might be a one team town Kaz, like the Broncettes, but it's nowhere near the goldmine of Brisbane or Sydney in sponsorship Opportunities.