What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels Centre Of Excellence - Parramatta Jail

bartman

Immortal
There's a soccer team that plays more home games there now than we do. We'd have to ask very nicely.

planeteels

Juniors
I haven't read anything back beyond this page so apologies if this is old news... Word I've been told is that the new location for the Eels Training Base may well remain at Richie Benaud Oval. I was told that the Eels are looking at the Venue given due to location and proximity to the Office. From all accounts, the Eels will be commissioning Temporary Buildings (dependant on Council approval) and making significant investment in the upgrade of Facilities and surfaces etc. I don't know if this is final or what, but it seems logical.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That must be why they're looking to 'fix' the 'unbroken' Richie Benaud Oval. Great reading comprehension.

Why bother putting merkins on ignore when you can't even read?

I haven't read anything back beyond this page so apologies if this is old news... Word I've been told is that the new location for the Eels Training Base may well remain at Richie Benaud Oval. I was told that the Eels are looking at the Venue given due to location and proximity to the Office. From all accounts, the Eels will be commissioning Temporary Buildings (dependant on Council approval) and making significant investment in the upgrade of Facilities and surfaces etc. I don't know if this is final or what, but it seems logical.

??? Remain at Ritche?

I always thought up until this year we were training at Parramatta Stadium and on the 3/4 size pitch to the South of the Stadium, and that this year because of the size of the ground to the South and some other issues with the Stadium and Parramatta Park Trusts, we have moved all field work to McCredie Oval?

If our club took over the amenities block and rebuilt it with a Gym and change rooms appropriate for our club, I think that would be great and would serve the Parramatta Junior Eels (who's home ground is Ritche) very well also.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As if Bart wouldn't read Poups posts when he's not logged in :lol:

He reads every post mate. But he was only honest about it when he got caught. :lol:

And even if he didn't read my posts, I reply so others can have a laugh at him. Isn't that how it works around here? If I really wanted to communicate with him I'd send a PM.

But I don't.

planeteels

Juniors
??? Remain at Ritche?

I always thought up until this year we were training at Parramatta Stadium and on the 3/4 size pitch to the South of the Stadium, and that this year because of the size of the ground to the South and some other issues with the Stadium and Parramatta Park Trusts, we have moved all field work to McCredie Oval?

If our club took over the amenities block and rebuilt it with a Gym and change rooms appropriate for our club, I think that would be great and would serve the Parramatta Junior Eels (who's home ground is Ritche) very well also.

Parra did use McCredie but as has been the case for many years, they often use Richie Benaud also.. as do the Junior Reps at times.